For the record, I tried to post this in collaborative writing and it would not let me! So, I will try to post it here! I will not reply to anyone to
keep from disrupting the flow, so, thanks in advance to all who do reply!
There has been so much turmoil lately, I need a break and I want some levity to break up the tension! Maybe, you could help? Maybe you need a little
diversion from the everyday, cockamamie rigmarole bouncing around the world! Join in the fun (or not) and lets play a version of an old game. I made
a little tweak and my version is slightly different from the one I used to play as a kid, but the general idea is still the same.
Remember when you were a kid and they had that game called Operator? For me, the version I played went like this: Everyone in the group basically
sat in a circle (or some semblance of) and the first person would whisper something in the ear of the person to their left, and that person would
whisper something to the next and so forth until it got back around to the first person. It was always so funny to hear what changed from, "I really
like chocolate ice cream" to something like "your breath stinks" or "Mary thinks you are cute"!
The version we are going to play here, obviously, can not be spoken in the other person's ear and everyone is going to read what is written, so, there
will be no element of surprise in that regard, but the object is to write a sentence using the last word of the sentence before you.
Now, here are the ground rules:
1) T & C applies to all responses or someone will be sorry!
2) To keep things simplified try to keep your additions to a max of 3 sentences (has to be some substance for the final draft)!
3) Every contribution should begin with the last word from the previous post you are responding to!
4) In the event that more than one person has responded (possible) to a previous post, then the person who responded last should go back and
edit their first word at least to match the last word of that other post they tied with!
5) If there is a change that needs to be made, in my rules it is only necessary to change the first word. If you want to re-write the post entirely,
you can but you do not have to.
6) Only one post per person would be optimal to me, the more that respond the better and I hope there is quite a few of you that participate
(otherwise my final draft will be really sad)!
7) There is no reason to keep the content or extend the previous post other than to use the very LAST word in your very FIRST sentence! The subject
matter should not be mean or pertain to religion or politics, if you feel the need to derail this thread, please, don't!
8) Try to use proper grammar and punctuation and try to formulate proper sentences and try to end the sentences with some sense!
9) I am hopeful that there will not be any disruptions with those that decide this is a stupid waste of time, but even those post (unless removed by
some other power) are in play, just use the last word they wrote, even if it seems they are not participating. If they write something then they
participated nonetheless, whether they like it or not!
When all is said and done and this OP has played itself out, I will do another OP with everyone's contribution in one story (hopefully it will not be
just me and 3 other contributions! Be creative!
I will start the ball rolling and let's have fun! First, look into my Kateyes!
And away we go (hopefully) with full
participation from all members on ATS right now!
For most of my adult life, I have spent time capitulating, procrastinating, formulating, contemplating, educating, eradicating, creating and
speculating! The purpose of what my ultimate goal is supposed to be, has changed and reversed course like the Mississippi River. Just when I thought
I had it all figured out, out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of my own shadow and in a heartbeat, I am chasing a different version of
Okay, now, to clarify, the next post should start with Myself! Good luck and let the games begin(or not)! No Katspectations, either way I already
had my fun making this thread!
Note To MOD! (preview still does not work)
edit on 5 29 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: (no reason given)
edit on 5 29 2015 by
spiritualKat33 because: OCD...obsessive cat disorder!