It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Eating Bacon Was Deemed An Offense Punishable By Death...Then What?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

See...theres the rub.

Nothing is being banned. Oh yes, there is lots of talk, but nothing has been banned.

The people making a thing out of this are the ones that want to.

The ones that want to be offended.

And the ones that want to be bigots and cause offence.

The rest of us just look on and wish both would mind their own business, shut up and go away, because they are embarassing.

But the circle of hate and stupidity just continues, from all sides.
edit on 30/5/15 by neformore because: touch typing - to be avoided!

edit on 30/5/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Er, ISIS does already kill many people suspected of being gay. They'd very much like to kill all gay people. Beyond me why liberals would ever defend not protesting their pressure tactics, really.

I just wish someone would tell Islam haters who send pork to mosques that chocolate is haram. Can we make that happen?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain
My roommate is an "non-practicing" muslim. I am a non-practicing catholic. We both enjoy the benefits of bacon. I made a dish with bacon in it, an we both enjoyed it.

Some old traditions/taboos should be eliminated in my opinion.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

There were good reasons to avoid pig in the past. Hell you had to almost burn your pork even 40 years ago to avoid trichinosis. That was then.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

No legislation has been proposed to curb bacon consumption, or to prohibit drawing offensive cartoons.

And yet, people are being pressured to remove bacon from menus and advertisements. People are being killed for drawing Muhammed.

There's your rub.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What is the only animal that they can use the hart in a human?
yes a PIG!

what if humans evolved from them?
that would be a very good reason to not eat them.
what do they know we dont.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: vethumanbeing

ketsuko: Yes, and using peat to help smoke your food imparts flavor to the meat which is still far more pleasurable to one when they are alive then to be buried in the stuff after one has died.

Yes, much better; or be found 200,000 years later preserved in a peat bog (ouch).

Ketsuko: See, I can experience the pleasure of the flavor as a living person ... even if I am getting a jump on self-embalming while I enjoy (I also enjoy self-pickling my liver with the occasional imbibing of various alcoholic beverages too). But to be buried in the stuff that imparts flavor after I die and can no longer experience the pleasure of the flavor it imparts? Not nearly as useful to me in life.

I like the self embalming angle (there might be something to this). Pickling the liver enough would thwart Harpies trying to harvest it in the afterlife. BLT's rule; someone needs to make the bacon flavored 'snickers bar'.

Kedsudo: The way I look at things, I am going to die. We all are. Sure, by totally avoiding certain things I might squeeze a few more years out, but is missing the pleasure of those things I would have to abjure worth the few more years of a less joyful and less fully lived and experienced life?

I am with you. Enjoy the small pleasures while one can; and stop living in fear, I think its all about ones attitude.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
What is the only animal that they can use the hart in a human?
yes a PIG!
what if humans evolved from them?
that would be a very good reason to not eat them.
what do they know we dont.

I heard they were whales once that became land mammals. I also heard they were put on earth to provide the human many things other than just a food source (as good as that was), clothing, transplant material.

edit on 30-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Kratos40

There were good reasons to avoid pig in the past. Hell you had to almost burn your pork even 40 years ago to avoid trichinosis. That was then.

I actually contracted that in 1985 (undercooked pork tenderloin in a delicious ginger garlic cream sauce). The cure was a broad spectrum anti-biotic that killed every good bacteria in my body. The cure was as bad as the infection. I think processing is much better now; you don't have to have cook it to smithereens anymore. Don't fear pork; just hope one day it is not our fearless leader.
edit on 30-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The whole thing is quiet absurd. Bacon, amongst other meats, are a source of protein and fat. We need it to build muscle, plasma proteins, and nerve tissues. Who effen cares if they are hooved animal or toed animals. We are all hunter/gatherer species. We ran for 20KM at one time to look for food in the past. Look at your feet for once and examine it. Hmm, why is it shaped that way? (BIG SPOILER for you religious types)
If we were unsuccessful, we ate potatoe/ grains and herb stew. Who the women found foraging.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I can see your side of it. When was the last time you ate under-cooked pork? I always cook mine well done. Is this real?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join