It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many board members ARE terrorists/propaganda agents?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Onlyinmydreams

I'm curious as to your opinion in regards to my earlier post -- the definition of terrorist sympathizer vs. enemy propaganda agent. Since you are the author of this post, I want to hear your feelings on the subject of legal definitions, and how our government should best act on knowledge that someone is colluding with the enemy one way or another.

Your points about associates makes a lot of sense. Here's what I'd say: If someone is actively colluding with terrorist cells or another government they are an agent of propaganda. If someone is ppasing on such propaganda they are not an agent... but what they are passing on is still propaganda that needs to be called out as such. The gov should be able to take legal action against the actual agent.

There are, however, situations where a government might not be at war with a group but yet may still be hurt by its propaganda. If an international organization or NGO creates propaganda, and uses individuals to willingly push it, then those individuals are propaganda agents... HOWEVER... I don't see how they could be legally punished. The key difference is that the people they are working for are not, technically, the 'enemy'. So, though what they are saying is propaganda, and though they may be willing agents of such propaganda, they are different, I believe, than the person who deliberately forwards propaganda from an organization that is actively waging war with the government in question.

The UN, for instance, is at odds with the US but not at war with it. Anti-US propaganda passed on by UN supporters may make these supporters propagandists... but it doesn't make them enemy propagandists.

To be very clear, I am not saying that all people who deliberately pass on propaganda should be prosecuted (though I do think that members of terrorist cells should be, even if they are just involved in PR). I only started this thread to draw attention to the possibility that ATS is being flooded with propaganda from terrorists.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh for the love of god. Let me just point a few things out here.

Right now, there are people who hate you and consider you their enemy simply because you do not believe as they do, therefore anything you say or do is an act of terror and propaganda.

If your not a christian than bygolly the christians believe your of the devil and even if your selling daisys to save the sick orphans of Timbuktoo your still an agent for the other side. EVERYTHING you do is terrorism and propaganda.

Muslims feel the same way about your infidel ass.

So do most other religions, cults, philosophies, and closed minded people.

Propaganda and terrorism is nothing more than a point of view. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. Thats a sick anology I agree, but that doesn't mean its not true.

My hope is that each of you will spread your propaganda, terrorize those you disagree with and shout loud to the world all the rage you feel inside. It's only thru the sharing that we truly grow.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Some of us especially those of us willing to make blatant remarks against the government and the need for a change just don't have anything to lose. I was probably on a watch list from day 1 due to other things in my life, so I can say F--k the government they need to go without fear because they can only kill me once or imprison me once. And if they do it will be a bad mistake on their part. So yes there are some agents provocateur who blatantly make statements that push things, but normally it is of our own volition.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join