It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many board members ARE terrorists/propaganda agents?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I never thought that sites like ATS would be a good test bed for spreading paranoia, after all most of us are paranoid or we wouldn't be here in the first place.
A better type of forum would be something like "Bass fishermen of Florida". Plant a seed there and watch it grow and spread. Then you would get a better view of how internet paranoia would spread from a site that was not by its nature originally suspicious and infect other forums both pro and con in regards to conspiracy.
I'm sure there are a few people who have had a brush with the security services on ATS, i myself have seen them in action in Northern Ireland and on occasion worked for them indirectly without knowing about it. After all Northern Ireland was a training ground for MI5/6, SAS etc for over 25 years, you couldn't walk 5 yards in any direction without falling over a spook.

But i doubt any agency would put any amount of effort into inserting spooks into ATS, perhaps they drop by from time to time but they have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

DISCLAIMER: The Bass Fishermen of Florida are from my imagination and as far as I'm aware do not exist.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
First of all the Constitution of the United States of America is the government. So what can you mean that someone is "anti-goverment," when they are objecting to ways in which the current elected government, and its bureaucracies are violating the very compact of our existence as a nation? But more specifically delineated is the fact that "We the People," are the government, and direct ourselves according to that Constitution.

So when people refer to those who point those things out as "terrorists," and even go so far as to defame our founding fathers on that basis, you can see for yourself the Orwellian doublespeak. They are the walking contradiction, the actual nut cases and terrorists, not those who have half an ounce of active brain working on the obvious. In this state of affairs, it is therefore not implausible that there are Dilbert cubicles furiously working on boards such as this to place ample praise upon such blatant anti-constitutional insanity that is so called "mainstream," in the ostensibly facist monopoly-cartel news media.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I am sorry onlyinmydreams but I think you are starting to lose the plot.

Just because people don't believe the same as you do doesn't mean that they are terrorists, or ignorant, or foreigners or stupid.

All you are doing is labeling people in order to minimise the value of their contributions. Others may say that YOU are the victim of propaganda regurgitating the rubbish that has been indoctrinated into you without analysing it.

I'm not saying that people who disagree with me are all terrorists... what I AM saying is that some of the material that has been presented on ats, lately, is overtly propagandistic. In terms of style, content, and presentation... many of these threads that have titles like 'USA eats Falluja babies' are strikingly similar to demoralization tactics.

And... why would the terrorists waste time on a conspiracy site? Because such sites, even if inhabited by kooks, are breeding grounds for urban legends and paranoia. Look at how the Aussie Bloke story started on places like ATS but eventually made it into the mainstream press.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, you(the author) have demonstrated very clearly the kind of policing and profilingthe dissidents are going to face from society itself. I suppose you are in agreement with the onslaught of anti-terrorism and anti-civil liberties laws that label domestic dissention as terrorism.

This would mean the real one swallowing the propoganda is you. Not only do you believe in the imagined terrorist, you think anyone who disagrees with state policy is a terrorist too.

The main reason there are so many Anti America/Nazi America threads is because of the actions of the administration. I can careless about Bush. Those include:

1. Patriot Act, II National ID card and Police state
2. Neo-imperialism in Iraq
3. Racial profiling
4. New World Order
5. Fear tactics
6. More Wars
7. Institutional abuse of Iraqi people

We are against it, because we believe in freedom, democracy and peace. Some, terrorists we are, eh?

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Indigo...

Again, what I'm saying is that if someone is making up stories about how the US is, let's say, eating babies in Mosul... and, at the same time, their online identity is shaky... there's a good chance that they are simply churning out propaganda that has an agenda.

In your comments you stated reasons for why you dislike america... do you think those opinions excuse blanket propaganda from terrorists?

Oh, and btw, when people go on and on about how racist and imperialist america is... I'm obliged to point out that there are no internment camps for arabs in the us and that the us flag is not now flying over every capitol in the world. The 'evil american NWO' image many people in the world have is DIRECTLY caused by irrational terrorist propaganda.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
onlyinmydreams I think you mistake your patriotism (which I think is Ok) with the idea that EVERYBODY must believe in that, what leaders of your country are telling you. You know, there are
AT LEAST two sides of the truth and we live in three dimensional world, so relax, let us say our opinions, no matter how crazy they can sound for you...

speling ;(

[edit on 23-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Indigo...

Again, what I'm saying is that if someone is making up stories about how the US is, let's say, eating babies in Mosul... and, at the same time, their online identity is shaky... there's a good chance that they are simply churning out propaganda that has an agenda.

We are not complaining about how the US military is "eating babies," just how they roast them first in napalm.

Seriously the latter statement may well be true, but you can guarantee it is so disgusting that we can barely fathom it is so. And the why about it is not even about the killing, but about paying for it. then using the napalm so you will have to buy more of it. That is the propaganda, not knowing, and not caring.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow, this thread is far-out.

I don't believe we are actually discussing this.

People who don't support Bush are terrorists.

Edit: I suppose the terrorists assasinated JFK. May his soul rest in peace.

[edit on 23/12/04 by aSEEKER]

Edit: I am appalled.

[edit on 23/12/04 by aSEEKER]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm amazed how how intelligent and insightful the replies on this thread have been. Honestly. I would like to give each of you a warm round of applause and a thumbs up for making my day.

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Red Scare, Gay Scare, Satan Scare, Osama Scare. Pick your bogeyman and run with him. Don't forget to "duck and cover".

Amen, brother. Like I said, it's been going on for at least a century. And I'm sure every country has its own version of it.

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
thelibra, how can we be sure if you are in cahoots with the enfranchised or the disenfranchised?

I dunno... I'm the eternal fence-sitter. Every night when I go to bed, I'm of one mindset, the other, or neither. I guess I'm really just stuck in that age between the Liberal with a Heart and the Conservative with a Mind...

I will say, however, I can't stand Pres. Bush, but I do consider myself patriotic. I just have to have faith that the democratic system works for the best and eventually he'll be out of office and someone less loathsome will be in the White House.

Originally posted by jazzgul
I would like to remind some of you that NOT ONLY AMERICAN are on this board and we have the right to disagree with US policy...

Of course! And by all means, in many cases I agree with dissinting views from overseas. I flinch every time Bush ticks off another one of our would-be friends, because I don't want to be thought of in the same light as him. I'd be nice to be able to go to a foreign country and not be tempted to claim I was a Canadian... (hell, it'd be nice to go to a foreign country, period). Of course I wouldn't claim I was, but I'd sure be quick to give my views on Bush.

Originally posted by Crakeur
no links to terror sites. just propaganda stuff which is fine. both sides get a say, no?

the anti-america stance is a way of life. just like the anti-jew, anti-black anti-whatever.

we don't all love eachother. if we did the world would be pretty boring.

A very interesing viewpoint. I suppose there will be people who hate us regardless of how many people we try to please. Only, I'm pretty sure that more of them hate us nowadays than during, say, the Clinton administration.

I dunno... quick poll to our foreign friends, who hates us Americans?
Do you hate the Americans who voted Kerry?

Originally posted by SkipShipman
First of all the Constitution of the United States of America is the government. So what can you mean that someone is "anti-goverment," when they are objecting to ways in which the current elected government, and its bureaucracies are violating the very compact of our existence as a nation? But more specifically delineated is the fact that "We the People," are the government, and direct ourselves according to that Constitution.

Fair enough, you raise a valid point. The U.S. Constitution really is the framework of our government, so to technically be anti-government, one would have to be anti-Constitution. I should have chosen a better word, but I can't think of one that means "anti-the-guys-in-office-and-the-laws-they-pass."

In any event, "anti...pass" people rarely make a distinction between the two. When I lived in Seattle, I ran into a lot of Communists, who were Communists for no other reason than the fact they didn't like the people in office, or the laws they passed. Instead of working within the system to evoke a change, they opted to go to protest rallies and recite bad poetry, which evokes only traffic jams and damaged hearing.

However, I will remember your words for future reference, for they are wise. This is something we all should remember: that our government is not the people in office, but that sacred document they trample over.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

As, someone just said, they may not be eating babies, but they're sure roasting them with napalm. Your objection is to the surge in Anti-Bush and Anti-US members. I told you the reasons for our animosity, and none of that is because of propaganda; it's because of state laws that have been recently legislated.

I mean be realistic; do you think after learning that Bush has authorized torture of Iraqi prisoners, that there will be no objections?

Do you think legislating laws to use lethal force on civilians, is not going to be fought against?

Do you think by stripping us of nearly every right, and we will just sit there and take it?

You should be thankful that we are just talking. If it carries on, people will be out in arms.

The propoganda is that there are terrorists everywhere and anywhere. Isn't that what you are insinuating here? Can you be excused from blanket state propoganda?

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I dont support Bush,
according to this thread, i am a terrorist...ok....great logic
!

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
you 'right' people think the 'left' has a propaganda wing. perhaps. i can nearly GUARANTEE that it is SEVERELY underfunded, undermanned, and just plain under. the only thing that would contradict this, is that it is being funded by the 'right'.

on the other hand, the 'right''s propaganda wing actually make a HUGE PROFIT SELLING 'the dream'.

pretty simple. anything 'left-leaning' in the media is a result of a need to appease the masses(who were BORN LEFT).

here on ATS, the right's propoganda wing is in full bloom, ALWAYS. this be one of humankind's main battlegrounds for truth. truth is a virus, and MUST be prevented from spreading.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Since the election season started, I've read many strange posts by OIMD. A poster who before that time seemed to be one of the few rare people on this planet shown part of the truth and seemingly made wiser from it, perhaps twice now. It appears that all that effort to be shown the truth has been wasted.

OIMD, you've seen an ET before, perhaps two, correct? Doesn't this show you that your government lies to you in a huge way? Why would that change with the current President of the United States? The government of the United States, and in particular the reigning two political party system is full of nothing but liars who will decieve you until the day you die.

Calling ATS message board posters "terrorists" for having anti-U.S. sentiment is one of the silliest things I have read. Propoganda comes from all directions, but to be a terrorist, you have to commit a violent act for a political goal. Nothing of the sort happens here and I'm quite disappointed in this thread's author at such an insinuation.

Facts are that conspiracy nuts are going to be a bit liberal in their thinking. After all most if not all conspiracies are government related so to believe in them, you must be anti-government in some fashion. Which is certainly not a conservative train of thought. The longer our governments do something that we don't like, the stronger the words will be used against them for those actions. The tragedy of Iraq has embued many with such anti-U.S. sentiment and they actually DO have a legitimate reason for such sentiment which is not "terrorist" in any way shape or form.

Stop feeding from our government propoganda machine yourself and you may realize this.

[edit on 24-12-2004 by Frith]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thats crazy. You must know how little you can influence any members concerning politics or war on ats. These people stick by what they belive and would argue their point to the death. Just because you belive different than others does not make you a terrorist. It means you are a free citizen. It is a free country you know.

I have strayed away from politics and trying to convince anyone of anything on here because I learned pretty quick that you aren't going to change very many ats members minds. So what benefit would it be to be a terrorist propaganda expert on here. I am sure they got better things to do with their time.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well im from the uk, and im strongly against bush because he's lied which has resulted in tens of thousands of innocent deaths ...... does that make me a terrorist? .... no .... it makes me an informed indivdual with a good sense of morality.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
am i still a terrorists cause im against Bush and his Nazi style state that he has created? oh dear, better get my C-4 ready then

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Can someone post a link or two to threads on ATS that talk about eating babies. I think baby eating is funny. I know there's a picture floating around on the net, a series of pictures actually, that show a (japanese?) man cooking and eating a baby.

I haven't read any threads that were vehemently anti-American, I must just be missing them, or they're old. I've seen a lot of vaguely defined frustration about the current state of affairs, a lot of venting (imperialist this and that), a lot of back slapping for imaginary American military superiority, a lot of narrow minded patriotism and nationalism bred by TV and nurtured by insecure and uninteligent minds.

I've seen a lot of people pointing fingers, and a lot of pronouncement from on high moral authority condoning mass murder. I sometimes condone murder, I just don't have the gall to invoke morality when doing so. I don't know what scares me more, the fact that this fear of our fellow man exists, or the fact that in a medium such as this, nothing is what it seems to be and fear combined with distrust might be the sane man's only remaining resource. I could very well be thinking agent in washington, when in fact I'm dealing with a 12 year old in Ohio. Such is the price we pay for free, open, anonymous discussion.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There are 106 to date. Can you figure out who?

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
There are 106 what to date? To whom are you speaking?

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
There are 106 what to date? To whom are you speaking?

How many board members ARE terrorists/propaganda agents?

That was the question that was asked.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join