It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many board members ARE terrorists/propaganda agents?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
During the election I pointed out that many of the ats members who went on and on about how bad Bush is for america weren't even americans... and had little actual knowledge of the US. The point of those comments, which some of you may remember, was that outside/foreign elements were trying to influence the us election.

But, as I look at all the outlandish anti-american stuff that has been on ATS in recent days, I've been forced to ask a more important question: Are many active ATS users actually real-life terrorists?

Think about it. Substantial chunks of the War on Terror threads read like propaganda straight from the pen of osama himself. We all know, at the same time, that the WoT is really an extended psychological war that has involved entire populations. So... isn't it extremely likely that some ATS members are active in terrorist cells and are posting on ATS as part of a cyber-psychological warfare campaign that is aimed at demoralizing the US/UK/allied public?

To be frank, some of these recent anti-US threads are so blatant that I have to assume that they MUST be the product of the terrorist propaganda machine.

In the end, we have no way of knowing who is who on ats... and I'm not advocating censorship. What I am saying is that 'innocent' ATSers should realize that many members may be psyoperatives in disguise. So... be aware when reading these pages...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't think any members are "real-life terrorists" or are active in "terrorist cells", but I do believe some are propaganda agents.

I hope you don't think that anybody who doesn't support U.S policy on ATS is a terrorist?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think more Bush sycophants come across as terrorists than regular folk, especially the ones that defend the administration's criminality and who provide news of dozens of imminent domestic terrorist threats. That's terrorism at work.

Everyone is an agent of their own propaganda. Some are clumsy and comical. Some are better than others.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
you must be completely bonkers onlyinmydreams, from all the paranoia

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Truth be told, if I were a terrorist, I wouldn't bother posting here. There are much more efficient ways to gain members to a cause.

In any event, I have to agree, that many of the posts on here are so blatantly anti-American and anti-U.S. Government, that it occasionally gives me pause... then I remember that it's been going on for ages... and still going on to this day. From the ignorant protestors in Seattle who jump at any chance to gather in a group and shout defiance at something they have no education in (I'd love to elaborate, if asked), to the love-ins of the 60's, to the beatnik coffeeshop poetry slams of the 40's to the disinfranchised authors of the 30's to the Tin-Pan alley musicians of the 20's...

This is just the new face of a disinfranchised youth who think that regurgitating what they've been told by others is a good substitute for age, education, and experience.

This isn't to say every post on here is like that, but some, to be sure, are.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Does McCarthy-ism or Red Scare still mean anything to us. We've lived through similar things before and we have learned...Nothing???

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Red Scare, Gay Scare, Satan Scare, Osama Scare. Pick your bogeyman and run with him. Don't forget to "duck and cover".

thelibra, how can we be sure if you are in cahoots with the enfranchised or the disenfranchised?

Bush Scare: continue to support your incumbent government. Feel your freedoms erode. Give your children's generation trillions more in debt to pay. Explain to your children why you decided to do that.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Why would "terrorists" or psyoperatives waste their time posting on a site who's membership consists mainly of cooks and crackpots that nobody takes seriously? What would they gain? It certainly wouldnt help their credibility

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Red Scare, Gay Scare, Satan Scare, Osama Scare. Pick your bogeyman and run with him. Don't forget to "duck and cover".

And buy lots of duct tape

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think if you had evidence of any terrorist you would be duty bound to your country to reveal that to the authorities.

I also think that many of the people who go around calling other people terrorists are in fact government agents. They do this so that when they want someone locked up, all they have to do is say the word, and said 'criminal' goes off the finger nail pullers and hood fitters. Exageration of course, but the threat is enough.

The poster who started this, has the moniker of fighter, and this was no surprise. There are fighters, many, many fighters all across the world, all fighting each other, over things and ideas. Pointing fingers and making proclamations. The definition for terrorist is so broad since Patriot Act II, anyone can be singled out. Even fighters who step out of line.

Many of the people who are slandered daily on the internet are those who have sworn to protect America with their lives but not their freedom. There are millions of people in this country now, many with different views, many with different solutions to similar problems. Cooperation will win out in the end, but nobody should sling the word patriotism around without a personal knowledge of ALL entailed by patriotism.

A final imperative for those watching Television: It costs a lot of money to get on television. The truth has never been profitable. Simple deductive reasoning. Though statistically speaking more than half the country is incapable of that understanding. Any thoughts on this from those under the mistaken belief that anti american terrorists are swarming across the internet, warping minds and lowering morale.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here is the problem with this line of thought. The people complaining about Bush think he is a schmuck. They, for the most part (Me included) think Bush doesnt want to win the war on terrorism. He wants to rule the world. He abandoned the war on terrorism the minut he drew up plans to invade Iraq. If he would not have pulled out of Afghanistan, we would have caught Osama binpigfekr and had our way with him by now. Bush let Osama go to take over Iraq. This is why you hear people complaining about Bush. It doesnt mean we are terrorist.

[edit on 12/23/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ok, everyone who's not a terrorist please take a step forward.

not so fast Crakeur.

I think the posts he's referring to are the ones that link to al jazeera and other muslim propaganda sites and talk about how the us is slaughtering babies and the israelis are blowing up ambulances and hospitals.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would like to remind some of you that NOT ONLY AMERICAN are on this board and we have the right to disagree with US policy...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I didn't realize there were a substantial number of links to terrorist websites, I haven't come across any in my time here. I think people are getting more and more scared, that's for sure though.

A lot of people are talking like a terrorist attack is inevitable. That seems pretty hard to swallow. I think the American military could better serve the American people by returning home. Them being out of harms way would be a vast improvement on the situation. And for those who say terrorists will just gather strength and attack us at home, wouldn't that be a lot easier to defend against if the armed forces were patrolling borders and coastlines?

I just think the whole world needs to retreat to their respective corners right now, and heal up a little, do a little internal mending, and then whoever wants to keep fighting can rejoin the contest still in progress.

I wonder how many terrorrists are in the senate, they sometimes say some bad things about the prez and the direction of the country. But then, that's the job of the senate, and as some too easily forget, the citizens.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
hmmm...terrorists? I doubt it. Propaganda agents? Sure, although unwitting ones.

Ignorant people who buy the Bush propaganda machines BS and then sprout it all over the board are agents of propaganda. They just aren't aware they're being parrots and spreading the Bush regimes message of fear and hate as if they were agents although unwillingly...and the best part is Bush gets them for free.

If I were you I'd demand a piece of that big chunk of pie they're getting out there in Iraq...you deserve to be paid for your services.

Of course I'm being unfair, this certainly applies to those on the far left as well, some spreading information of an agenda they're probably not even aware they're apart of. It's just certainly more obvious with the Bush clan though.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
no links to terror sites. just propaganda stuff which is fine. both sides get a say, no?

the anti-america stance is a way of life. just like the anti-jew, anti-black anti-whatever.

we don't all love eachother. if we did the world would be pretty boring.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
1. I doubt any terrorist would tell you.
2. Were not all crackpots, some of us are respected members of society.
3. Would the first living natural disaster be considered a terrorist, since there is no country that it is employed by. (Not refering to Trigun.)

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have seen some things to suggest some ATS members are "pros", but I think most of the propaganda comes via willing dupes, who are much less expensive to maintain.

In fairness, we are all subject to being unwilling dupes as well. I know it has happened to me, and I seriously doubt any of my fellow members can honestly say they haven't been hornswoggled by a slick spin campaign at least once in their lives.

The truth is that propaganda of one form or another infects every discussion to some degree or another.

The challenge lies in choosing not to be someone else's tool, and committing to not doing the work of propagandists for them.

For the record, there is plenty of propaganda pro- and con- for just about every topic covered on ATS. It is not all one-sided, although it can seem that way when you disagree with it -- while overlooking propaganda that reinforces your own beliefs.

It's up to each of us to decide how much propaganda we want to bring to ATS, and how much we wish to believe.

My advice: Don't trust any source explicitly, and if something plays to your prejudices, it was probably designed to.

Denying Ignorance starts at home.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Majic makes an excellent point about the nature of propaganda. We all give birth to it in one way or another. I think everything works out fine in the end if people just think for themselves, given all the material they've been able to find, and granted an open mind. Agree, disagree?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am sorry onlyinmydreams but I think you are starting to lose the plot.

Just because people don't believe the same as you do doesn't mean that they are terrorists, or ignorant, or foreigners or stupid.

All you are doing is labeling people in order to minimise the value of their contributions. Others may say that YOU are the victim of propaganda regurgitating the rubbish that has been indoctrinated into you without analysing it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join