It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ross ulbricht, silk roads dread pirate roberts sentenced to life in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The accused mastermind behind the underground website Silk Road was sentenced on Friday to life in prison for orchestrating a scheme that enabled more than $200 million of anonymous online drug sales using the digital currency bitcoin. Ross Ulbricht, 31, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Katherine Forrest in Manhattan, three months after a federal jury found him guilty of charges including conspiracy to commit drug trafficking, money laundering and computer hacking. Forrest also ordered Ulbricht to forfeit $183.9 million.

wired magazine just had a fantastic 2 part article about the rise and fall of silk road and dread pirate roberts.

the dude really spiraled out of control. he was talking to under cover dea agents ordering hits on people and actually paying thousands of dollars for them.

i have not opened up tor in a while and i know silk road has been down but im sure there are already other market places on the dark net just like it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

i have not opened up tor in a while and i know silk road has been down but im sure there are already other market places on the dark net just like it.

Yeah, but those others are paying the man.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

join