It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right Wing is Very Afraid of Bernie Sanders

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lgbtlivesmatter
a reply to: redtic

Really, because I'm conservative and female and I can assure you that my female partner and I most definitely are not afraid of sexuality.

There are A LOT of gay people who are conservative.

So I would say your pot shot about sexuality is unfounded.

No matter how much you would like to white wash all of us into your tiny "they're all religious fanatics scared of sex" box

Sex is one thing. Getting gang raped is another

What I can't fathom is how the democrats and indeed people on this thread are defending this writing , however accuse conservatives of being discriminatory to women.

It's glaring hypocrisy. And honestly down right stupidity

Well, congrats for breaking the mold. Seriously. Perhaps I should have said the Christian Right? Or a vast majority of the Christian Right? I'd feel comfortable saying that there's a majority of Republicans who feel as I described.

Regarding the gang rape comment - as others have noted, you understand this is being described as a female fantasy, not the actual act, right? There's a BIG difference.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I ran across this article on FOX News and it shows me just how desperately afraid the Right is of Bernie Sanders...

Dem Hopeful Sanders once Penned Essay on Women’s Rape Fantasy

Democratic presidential candidate Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders once penned an essay claiming that men fantasize about abusing women and women fantasize about being raped.
The 1972 article "Man — and Woman," published in the Vermont Freeman, displays Sanders' views on gender and sexuality at the time of its publishing.

"A man goes home and masturbates his typical fantasy," wrote Sanders.
"A woman on her knees, a woman tied up, a woman abused."

When in comes to female fantasies, Bernie also knows all.

First, it was in 1972, before many of you were even born, so they REALLY had to do some digging! But the real kicker is that they portray this little ~500-word story as an "essay" and REALLY misconstrue it's content beyond all recognition.

The story is about how women and men's roles have changed since the days of our hunter/gatherer past, and how our roles then have continued, in a manner, to this day. It's not what FOX (bless their hearts) portrays it to be at all.

Link to Sanders' Story

In the beginning, there were strong men who killed the animals and brought home the food - and the dependent women who cooked it. No more! Only the roles remain - waiting to be shaken off.
And men. Men are in pain, too. They are thinking, wondering. What is it they want from a woman? Are they at fault? Are they perpetrating this man-woman situation? Are they oppressors?

But FOX makes it out to be like a sexual fantasy of Sanders and says it displays "Sanders' views on gender and sexuality"... They should have read the "essay" before writing this article... But it just goes to show that they're trying to get the jump on bashing this candidate.

Bernie Sanders - 2016!

He is a threat to both the right wing Republican 1% bootlickers and the corporate bought out centrist Democrat elites. Yes, the Democrat platform is dead center, according to some scholars even center right. Neither party is "left wing" according to classical political frameworks. Sanders, is.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I think people are afraid of Fox News.

I hate to break it to some people but Sanders is no angel.

Don't know anyone afraid of Sanders he's just as old as McCain.

Does the left not have anything other than old guys?

People are only afraid of Fox News because it lies constantly, is the best example of American propaganda (but not the only one by any means. CNN is bad but not as bad), might as well be a loudspeaker for the moneyed elite and 1%, and the worst? Millions of low information, regressive, self-centered, xenophobic people in 'Merica lap it up. We are afraid of Fox precisely because people with low critical thinking skills buy it and represent a significant portion of the US population. Horrific.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Many people think Sanders is some kind of deviate.

[ He does have a strange gleam at times ]

But even so, Sanders is a bigger threat to the Progressive Left Wing Democrat consortium than any Right Wing group.

Sorry, the Democrat platform isn't true left wing. On global political scales, Republicans are fairly far right wing, Democrats would be center, even center right. There is no true leftist party in the US anymore. Sanders, is inching towards the left, yes. So in that sense, you are correct that he is a threat to the centrist Democrats.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: neo96

Fox news views wouldn't vote for him anyway, and he certainly doesn't need them to win the Presidency.

I hear the crap about Fox News for years now, and yet if Fox News had so much power ?

How did we end up with Mr. Hope, and Change ?

Answer ?

Some people just love to HYPE Fox News.

...including FOX News. Personally, I've still not forgiven them for the back scratching and knee tickling they gave Obama when they were trying to convince him to do that softball sit down interview with Bill-O. FOX isn't far from what CNN was 15 years ago... it's just that the other cable networks have REALLY shifted way left in that time period.

Oh please, the entire world knows that Fox News is FAR right wing. Don't even try to imply that it is anything but.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Sounds like you are locked into the MSM defense BS.

You have it all backwards.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

People are only afraid of Fox News because it lies constantly, is the best example of American propaganda (but not the only one by any means

This is EXACTLY wrong.

ALL POLITICS is PROPAGANDA thus by extension LIES.

American politics is the best example of propaganda.

American politics can be summed up rather succinctly: Vote for D the R's Sucks. The R's respond in kind Vote for R the D's suck.

AP is an absolute FARCE.

edit on 30-5-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If the right wing has its way, they will be successful in portraying him as a sexual deviant and a "radical hippie"..

LOL it's American politics!

How the hell is that any different than the LEFT wing going around saying them evil righties hate women, and children, and old people, and gays.

Here is the difference. The right wing attacks the left mostly for outlandish non-evidence based things, for example calling Obama a Muslim, or half of us commies, or "oppressing Christianity" and wanting Shariah law enstated, and "They be taking ur GUNS CLETUS!"

The opposite is that the left has REAL complaints about the right. For example, climate change and environmentalism are supported by the vast majority of scientists WORLDWIDE, NOT just on the American left. We DO accuse you of being anti-science and selfish because global science and evidence are on our side.

We accuse the right of putting the 1% and the rich first at the expense of everyone else. Why? Because the Republicans factually are for cutting taxes for the rich, deregulating even dangerous industries, reducing oversight, cutting education, health, and other investments for the poor and middle class. These are facts, unlike the ones leveled against us. The Religious right is always trying to subject the rest of us to Biblical laws, which includes anti-gay laws, putting up YOUR religious monuments in public, etc.

While cutting economically and scientifically proven investments such as education and health care, you guys constantly clamor for increasing military spending and foreign intervention (which is big government by the way). Talk about misplaced priorities.

The only real complaint I agree with by the right is that the social justice movement has gone too far. I.e. racebaiting and all of that.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The one thing Bernie has in his favor, as far as I'm concerned, is that he would repeal the Patriot Act.

And that is the key issue for me this election cycle.

Nothing else.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Here is the difference. The right wing attacks the left mostly for outlandish non-evidence based things, for example calling Obama a Muslim, or half of us commies, or "oppressing Christianity" and wanting Shariah law enstated, and "They be taking ur GUNS CLETUS!"

Not one bit of difference.

The LEFT is just as 'outlandish' 'gun violence' corporation hate people. Were all gonna die if we don't let the government regulate the planet.

Lots more examples exist.

The LEFT is NO better than the RIGHT.

edit on 30-5-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't want the right or the left to win, unless its Ron Paul or someone. This guy Bernie looks a bit crazy with his Albert Einstein hair and all, but I will have to say...from a personal standpoint. My current wife, and many of the women that I have had in my life, have done just that....they told me to act like I was raping them, and I`m not even a player. As a man, I had no problem smacking them around a bit lol. It was consensual and all in fun, and the did ask me to. That said, I don`t think any woman wants the real thing...I think it`s just their way of saying they like a man that is in control, maybe confident and a bit selfish. I don`t know why they ask for this treatment....I just did what they asked, and I liked it. They seemed to as well. Maybe we`re all freaks in our own special way. .....I am IlluminatiTechnician,....and I approve of this message.

edit on 30-5-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Some of us are old enough to remember the McGovern landslide, the last real genuine left winger the dems picked to run against old tricky Dick Nixon.

Nixon trounced the left winger in probably the biggest landslide in US presidential election history, and remember Nixon was in the throes of Watergate and the Vietnam War.

Its either that one or another time the dems ran a super liberal, Walter Mondale ( who said he'd raise taxes!) and Reagan trounced him.

The dems are delusional if they run a super left-winger. The times they did they got trounced

www.ourcuriousworld.com...

This I agree with you in that he won't win. Too left for the electorate.

However, this isn't a problem with him, it is with the electorate.

Republicans are far right. Democrat platform is dead center. Ask many political scientists globally. This is true.

With our corporate controlled government and corporate controlled media, the public has been led to the right and towards pro-banker and pro-corporate stances.
edit on 30-5-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Not one bit of difference.

The LEFT is just as 'outlandish' 'gun violence' corporation hate people. Were all gonna die if we don't let the government regulate the planet.

Lots more examples exist.

The LEFT is NO better than the RIGHT.

Nah, as the saying goes, "Reality has a liberal bias." Both sides have problems, but holding all things constant, and looking at the evidence, more left policies are grounded in science, evidence, NOT faith, NOT arguments from authority, NOT xenophobia, not racism, than the right. More right policies moreover really are blatantly pro-rich, anti-poor, anti-gay, anti-minority, xenophobic, hyper-nationalistic, militaristic. Basically, all of the elements of fascism light.

Note that I am disgusted by the Democratic party, but ONLY because it claims all of the things I mentioned but covertly is bought out by said corporate masters. But the Republican elite overtly state support for such masters. The Republican electorate has no excuse.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

When were womens roles to have gang rape fantasies?

LOL ...

Plenty..

Ever heard of S&M LUST..

ever Seen Straw Dogs ?

where a woman Gets Raped

by a Former Boyfriend "Someone she Knows"

and she later is the middle of it LUSTS for Him !

it Obvious why the Reason LOL

The Scene Warning ''' extreme Act of Rape Violence! & a Little Nudity
www.dailymotion.com...

Sorry to tell you this is there is woman that likes it Rough & Slapped around ...

and some are well Hidden Especially Conservative Type... and lets it Out with their Alter Ego..

When Especially when they see a Man the would lust over usually a Celebrity, or the Fantasy wanting type of MAN the Desire..

but in a way I can See of a Complete Stranger at Knife Point

is a Different Story

a Little Different of a hunter gatherer

that just wants and just takes a women for pleasure

Bopping over the Head sort of Speak..

In Some Cases there is a Thin line Between Lust and Rape..

and some case's Lust gets out of hand then its being Considered Rape in Both Sexes !

Fatal Attraction for example.. LOL

Its a Degree of whats Being Violated

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It's getting so bad in the arena of politics that someone like Bernie Sanders looks good to me.

The one good thing that can be stated is that he isn't a weasel-necked, lying, pathetic, progressive.

He's honest.

And that is a rare commodity.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not me, I'm afraid of Colonel Sanders

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
Not me, I'm afraid of Colonel Sanders

I guess that makes you "chicken".

*giggle*
*snort*

Couldn't resist.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

People are only afraid of Fox News because it lies constantly, is the best example of American propaganda (but not the only one by any means

This is EXACTLY wrong.

ALL POLITICS is PROPAGANDA thus by extension LIES.

American politics is the best example of propaganda.

American politics can be summed up rather succinctly: Vote for D the R's Sucks. The R's respond in kind Vote for R the D's suck.

AP is an absolute FARCE.

While I agree that both elected officials AND most mainstream media is engaging in deceptive propaganda, Fox News is still by fa the worse. Go take a poll worldwide. Trust me, most of the world thinks its the worst.

This is what I mean, too many conservatives seem to be living in a nationalistic bubble where they don't really seem to be getting the greater issues AND perception of the international community.

It's like how Republicans still think that somehow Obama was the worst president and destroyed the US' reputation, while just about everyone else in the world but them think it was Bush.

The international community would agree that the Democratic elite seem to be part of the US Empire machine, but they also generally prefer the Democrats to the Republicans, for all of the reasons I've mentioned thus far.

Nobody wants a bunch of idiots running our government and going around invading countries and instituting torture anymore. Yes, the Democrats did the overt war thing in the past too. And, the US is still engaging in covert ops in such places as Syria. I'm against that.

It's still the lesser of two evils, which isn't saying much.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Nah, as the saying goes, "Reality has a liberal bias." Both sides have problems, but holding all things constant, and looking at the evidence, more left policies are grounded in science, evidence, NOT faith, NOT arguments from authority, NOT xenophobia, not racism, than the right. More right policies moreover really are blatantly pro-rich, anti-poor, anti-gay, anti-minority, xenophobic, hyper-nationalistic, militaristic. Basically, all of the elements of fascism light.

That is PROPAGANDA.

but holding all things constant, and looking at the evidence, more left policies are grounded in science, evidence, NOT faith, NOT arguments from authority, NOT xenophobia, not racism,

LOL that was funny.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

When were womens roles to have gang rape fantasies?

LOL ...

Plenty..

Ever heard of S&M LUST..

ever Seen Straw Dogs ?

where a woman Gets Raped

by a Former Boyfriend "Someone she Knows"

and she later is the middle of it LUSTS for Him !

it Obvious why the Reason LOL

The Scene Warning ''' extreme Act of Rape Violence! & a Little Nudity
www.dailymotion.com...

Sorry to tell you this is there is woman that likes it Rough & Slapped around ...

and some are well Hidden Especially Conservative Type... and lets it Out with their Alter Ego..

When Especially when they see a Man the would lust over usually a Celebrity, or the Fantasy wanting type of MAN the Desire..

but in a way I can See of a Complete Stranger at Knife Point

is a Different Story

a Little Different of a hunter gatherer

that just wants and just takes a women for pleasure

Bopping over the Head sort of Speak..

In Some Cases there is a Thin line Between Lust and Rape..

and some case's Lust gets out of hand then its being Considered Rape in Both Sexes !

Fatal Attraction for example.. LOL

Its a Degree of whats Being Violated

Yeah I know, My wife is always watching this one video over and over, ...and old Shawn Connery movie, where he rapes this girl, and she always tries to get me to watch it. Quite irritating actually, but she made it clear why she liked watching it....it was because she wanted me to do it to her. It`s not real rape, it`s just one word to describe being sexually dominated by a man. Make no mistake about it though, it must be mutual, so they feel safe. The real think....is not a fantasy and doesn't count. There is real brutality in real rapes, an no safe words. This guy is correct though.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join