It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life long harley fan...thinking about getting a sport bike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I was thinking a bit about your desire to have a sort bike and remembered one of my bikes . It was a Suzuki DR 650 . I had put a set of 90% street 10%dirt tires on it and did a fair bit of riding . It was a bit tall and top heavy for me as I have short legs but it only gave me trouble in slow off road terrain . On the street I could run with the r's and z's but on the highway they were gone . 100mph pretty much tied it up . Yamaha made a WO 400 as a enduro that had lots of quickness to it and would make a great street version if dropped lower . Not the same sounds or looks but a different sort of beast with abilities the standard sport bikes lack .. Just a thought .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

thanks but im not into those at all.
just dont do it for me.

sport bikes never really did and honestly still dont.

to be fair i have never been on one. i am going by looks alone.

im not an aggressive rider and speed really dont do it for me.

i start a new job monday and my drive to work is only about 5 miles. i just bought a honda accord for a grand for the days i cant take the harley. i still have a few bucks kicking around which is why i have been tossing around the idea of a sport bike.
i just dont want to spend a lot.
if i was going to dump more than 2-3 grand it would be on crap for my harley.

i just want to get one that is in decent shape to see how i like it on the days im not on the harley or in the car.

curiosity really.

if i only spend a few grand and i dont like it i can get my money back.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
im going to go scope this one out today.

its an 04 honda 600r

dude is asking 3 grand or best offer.

i dont know the miles as the ad did not say much.
says it has some upgrades and it is in good shape.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
that's a nice looking Honda. Miles shouldn't matter as much as maintainence records. I'd be more concerned if it had few miles. One good thing to do on a test ride is to put it in second gear and wind it out to red line. If it pops out of gear you have a bent shift fork and that's expensive. Bent shift forks are caused by people racing, missing a shift and revving very high while in neutral. Suzuki is famous for this. Some companies tend to make racing quality engines with paper mâché shifting forks.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That would be a sweet little ride . Bet you cant just go slow though :>) Those bikes almost drive themselves in the handling dept .Seeing top performance is not your goal then that would work great ..win win ...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Ah, so, you admit to being a Crotch Rocketeer, eh? I suspected as much! LOL I did sit on one of those big displacement, crotch rocket Suzuki's outside a Staple's once and was very impressed, perhaps almost frightened on how just crouching there on your scary power engine support system could lead a motorcyclist to far surpass his abilities to ride. I guess, in the final analysis I am just a motorcycle rider and as a used to be motorcycle commuter, getting there is more than half of the fun. Of course, you are all younger most likely, and I am not. Just hoping you all get through to be able to enjoy this truly exceptional part of life too. Just me. Be safe, ride safe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join