It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Design HAS to be wrong...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If design was intelligent, then we would have 2 pairs of hands (and arms.)Just 1 pair is not enough as we have so many things to do and carry, and this has been the case throughout history. Ergo, intelligent design isincorrect.

edit on 29-5-2015 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There are many reasons why intelligent design is unlikely and improbable, but this? Well, it really seems like you could have come up with something better....

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
At least one extra arm would be handy

Intelligent design also should have made us a little smarter. A lot of people are as dumb as rocks...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Intelligent design also should have made us a little smarter. A lot of people are as dumb as rocks...

Exactly. Surely at some distant point in the past a mutation was found that survived better with 3 or 4 tendrils and then evolved that into 3 or 4 arms. I myself have found myself limited in day to day life by just having 2 arms. I imagine many people have found the same throughout history. In our early evolution this should have been sorted out.
Either we are incomplete or malfunctioning in some way?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Okay, so the logic goes this way: the couldn't be such
a thing as Intelligent Design because people are stupid?

That makes as much sense as the OP wanting extra arms.
Obvious, these are not serious arguments.

How about we just leave people out of it, if there is
validity to intelligent design, we ought see it clearly
by removing the human being from the equation.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just because everything can be seen as energy controlled by a quantum field (synchronicity field) that decides the energy forms that can be stable (that we see as particles protons, electrons) do not mean a being cannot control the field (controlling fate on what can be manifested/what form the energy will take).

You can have theories of Intelligent design that are 100% compatible with current scientific observation of entanglement and double slit experiment and evolution getting controlled by the quantum field creating mutation thru quantum tunneling by grand design.

Just because the Fundamental Christian version of Intelligent design seem small minded do not mean all theories of Intelligent design are small minded.

Namaste
edit on 29-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
But you can't leave humans out of the equation, that's like making a toad in the whole but not using sausages.

edit on 29-5-2015 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
At least the denying of "Intelligent Design" doesn't exclude the possibility aliens botched up our DNA (or the DNA from apes) to create human-like creatures: homo sapiens.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday
At least the denying of "Intelligent Design" doesn't exclude the possibility aliens botched up our DNA (or the DNA from apes) to create human-like creatures: homo sapiens.

Apparently our skin is more akin to that of pigs. That would explain many things about humans.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe even more. One can recognise different animal types in different people. As if genes of these are in them... pig, bird, wolf, goose, cow... it's all there... and kinda weird, if one thinks about it

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19395653]taoistguy[/post

If there was an intelligent designer it either wasn't too bright or it had a sadomasochistic personality. Life on this planet at least is highly imperfect, susceptible to all kinds of diseases and socioeconomic misery.

The planet itself barely supports any life at all - probably has wiped it out more times than we know. Only about 10% of the land mass is inhabitable and able to support food production. Volcanoes, earthquakes, meteorites, asteroids - all kinds of mass extinction events occur with regularity.

So anyone inclined to believe in ID, please get in touch with him/her/it and ask for a serious upgrade

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've seen it all now. Isn't 6 arms better than 4, if we had 4 it would prove that intelligent design didn't exist because 6 is better than 4.

OMG...I've just realised....8 is better than 6....there goes my theory

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
I've seen it all now. Isn't 6 arms better than 4, if we had 4 it would prove that intelligent design didn't exist because 6 is better than 4.

OMG...I've just realised....8 is better than 6....there goes my theory

No,because you have to look at the ratio of arm to upper body ratio, and then upper body ratio to lower body. We would look odd if our torsos were too large for our lower half.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How many arms is too many?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Eh? But then I'd rather have some wings to fly, instead of a second pair of hands.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Having more arms/limbs or wings and being able to control them is in a way only a technical/biological problem to solve.

Genetic manipulation can be used to change the body. Cybernetics/bionics can be used to augment it.

If we will use it wisely or not is another question. Monsanto is current example of humans lacking the wisdom to handle current genetic science.
edit on 29-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If intelligent design were real, we'd have 3 brains and 45 arms and 45 legs.

Actually, 45 brains.

Actually, you wouldn't exist and neither would I. There'd just be a gigantic person with 7 billion brains, 14 billion arms and 14 billion legs.

This type of logic doesn't really lead anywhere. It also doesn't disprove intelligent design.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Having more arms/limbs or wings and being able to control them is in a way only a technical/biological problem to solve.

Genetic manipulation can be used to change the body. Cybernetics/bionics can be used to augment it.

If we will use it wisely or not is another question. Monsanto is current example of humans lacking the wisdom to handle current genetic science.

Hmm, augment is a clever word. I tend to think of as alter, and to dehumanise. The same with monsanto, we should let food develop naturally.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think one should grow an extra arm and hand for each child. I did fine with two until children.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join