It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife just had an ultrasound mamogram and has 4 spots.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I had breast cancer in 2003 and I'm still going strong. You've gotten some great advice, so I'll just say - Good luck to you and your wife. Will be watching this thread.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You are right to be concerned but also it could be something non cancerous. My wife had a spot, had a biopsy, then Lumpectomy followed by chemo and now radiation. They got all the cancer out and everything is looking good for her, thank God.

Be supportive, but get a firm diagnosis ASAP. Time can be her enemy.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Sorry to hear it, man. I might be benign, like a cyst or something. If not, at least they caught it quickly and can treat it. Keep your head up and be there for her. Good luck.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

My wife had the same thing, turned out to be dense tissue, not to worry.

I can see that many have stated the same.

Sending some positive thoughts to you and your bride.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Their is a good chance it will turn out to be nothing . If it doesn't you have caught it time , and that is the main thing. We've been through it and have come out the other end . If its caught in time, its not a death sentence. But seriously brother, nock off the Dairy, even the top surgeon that we went too, said the finger was pointing at it as the main cause of the rise in hormone related cancers.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If worse comes to worse, there is always P.ink They mostly deal with tattooing over masectomy scars and breast cancer.

Pink.Org

Pintrest page

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Positive vibes for you and your wife. Going through a similar situation. The worse part is not knowing yet. As others said, at least it was found early. Stay positive and keep us updated!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Prayers and hugs and good vibes to you and your wife!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sending prayers and positive energy your way.

Had a scare with my wife, too. It doesn't necessarily mean cancer so hopefully you'll get good news.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thanks Vasa for sharing your experience.

I have never heard of thermography but I am going to read about it now.

Thank You

It would be silly to even guess what it may be so although it's natural to think the worst, it's always better to stay positive.
Deal with a problem when there IS a problem.

As regards thermography though, don't waste your time.
Breast Imaging Methods
Thermography (thermal imaging)

Thermography is a way to measure and map the heat on the surface of the breast using a special heat-sensing camera. It’s based on the idea that the temperature rises in areas with increased blood flow and metabolism, which could be a sign of a tumor.

"Thermography has been around for many years, but studies have shown that it’s not an effective screening tool for finding breast cancer early. Although it has been promoted as helping detect breast cancer early, a 2012 research review found that thermography was able to detect only a quarter of the breast cancers found by mammography. In other words, it failed to detect 3 out of 4 cancers that were known to be present in the breast. Digital infrared thermal imaging (DITI), which some people believe is a newer and better type of thermography, has the same failure rate. This is why thermography should not be used as a substitute for mammograms."
edit on 30/5/15 by Pardon? because: Edited link

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Here you go. It works for most other cancers as well.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone

Here you go. It works for most other cancers as well.

The poster needs advice not Youtube videos promoting nonsense.
Unless of course you're happy to take full responsibility for someone trying this woo to cure themselves and thus accepting any recourse.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Thankfully we have a relationship where we are brutally honest with each other. Its one of the reasons we are married.

Even if we are putting up 'fronts' for other people we can see right through it with each other.

She knows I am here no matter what, and I have been through enough as a patient to know how to be a rock for her.

I am glad you seem to have won your battle.

One thing nagging is I just lost my mom a year ago to pancreatic cancer. She was diagnosed early, and was able to fight for a little over 3 years. Highly unusual for that cancer. But the last 6 months are very fresh in my mind, it was hell.
I was her care giver, and I got to se the worst of this evil disease.

I just need to separate the 2 and take this process one step at a time. I will cross bridges as we get to them.

Today she gets a pedicure since it is cold and rainy. I don't see why she loves them so much, I hate people touching my feet!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I had no idea you had been through this BH. I am thankful you seem to have come out the other side!

I am also thankful for you words of encouragement. One day at a time is how I am coping. We will cross bridges as they come, IF they come.

Thank you

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Thanks for sharing your experience pavil. Thank God you too seem to have come through this.

The time issue is something I am very aware of! Funny, this ultrasound was supposed to be done next year, my wife misunderstood and had it done right away.....So I guess we have a year head start on anything. Thankfully

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks Skid Mark, some of your movie threads have helped take my mind off things. We both enjoy them

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I am feeling the positive

I just read your response to my 'bride'.

You brought a smile to her face!

Thanks for sharing that Beezer.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It is startling how many people have been through this.

I just saw on the news yesterday that it is estimated that 1 in 3 men, and 1 in 5 women will have some form of cancer in their lifetime. I have my views on the reasons, none of them good.

Those are just outrageous statistics, and unacceptable.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Funny you mention that.

She was just telling me about the tattoos today

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Thank you for the positive vibes jtrenthacker. We are feeling them

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join