It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another investment banker jumps to his death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How many does that make now? I have lost count.

This is a tragedy. He was only 29 yrs. old.

Banker, 29, leaps to his death

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I can't say this really surprises me. Guys like this put all their eggs in one basket so to say. When their plan doesn't work and they realize they won't be rich and have no money left, the ledge looks pretty nice.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
How many does that make now?

Not enough.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I say good riddance to another financial parasite.

The article comes over so bleeding-heart it's distasteful.

"He had stress!"

Who hasn't?

"He had to work remotely while on vacation!"

Been there, done that.

"Fears he turned to drink and drugs to cope with stress"

Been there, done that.

Sorry, my sympathy meter is reading zero...

ETA: Just to clarify, why are bankers and financial workers so much more #ing special than the rest of us...?

/smh
edit on 29/5/15 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I wonder how they know he jumped. I read several on-line articles, but didn't see anything about a suicide note.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

This is a tragedy. He was only 29 yrs. old.

The tragedy is their god is money.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
"jumped" to his death.

He had to work remotely from vacation?

...he gets a vacation? Hell, I'm about his age and I just got my first ever staycation last year- got to work on the house between work calls, it was great.
This year, no such luck.
I'm in the process of leaving a job that has me working in a high stress environment, long days, working nights and weekends- and I can't afford a vacation.

A whole lot of bankers turn up dead every year- I suspect it's because they spend all day every day looking at money and realize what a crock the whole thing is, and try to go public.
edit on 29-5-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

he even had to work on a recent holiday in the Bahamas.

I feel so bad for him
I've never been able to afford or have the time off work to get a vacation, let alone work on one

Not sure there is any indication of a conspiracy here. Just some guy that had the world handed to him on a silver platter who took the easy way out when things didn't go 100% his way.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wow you lot are feeling pretty scummy today. The guys 29 yrs old. He is not the one responsible for the economy crashing. A guy trying to make money like the rest of you, difference is he most probably worked his boolocks off at a young age to get into that position. Depression is not something to be mocked, whether he is a banker or not. Don't look in the mirrors guys, you won't like what you see

He didn't write the article looking for sympathy votes.
I don't like traffic wardens but I will not rejoice when I read about one of them dying. I want to use more words but scum seems most appropriate for those sort of posts
edit on 29-5-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
Just some guy that had the world handed to him on a silver platter who took the easy way out when things didn't go 100% his way.

Actually... you can't blame anyone in this world "taking the easy way out". Not in this world.

edit on 29-5-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Wow you lot are feeling pretty scummy today. The guys 29 yrs old. He is not the one responsible for the economy crashing. A guy trying to make money like the rest of you, difference is he most probably worked his boolocks off at a young age to get into that position. Depression is not something to be mocked, whether he is a banker or not. Don't look in the mirrors guys, you won't like what you see

He didn't write the article looking for sympathy votes.
I don't like traffic wardens but I will not rejoice when I read about one of them dying. I want to use more words but scum seems most appropriate for those sort of posts

Wow finally someone with sense! I despise all of the hate and bad wishes toward someone we don't know, he may have been a really nice person regardless of chosen career, he may have been a banker because his Dad was or many reasons how does that make a person so bad we wish him dead?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
yes, that's it....money is their God.....dammitt....
the worldly way really.....He was brought up to be a modern man.....you know, one that works in the glass towers .....shoulda been a cowboy stead....out in the country .....that's what saved me from the world, world....a reply to: intrptr

edit on 29-5-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So true. There people in this world who are pushed and educated (by family, parents or other personal environment) to join the bank, insurances, etc. and participate in all their stupidities. A different world. You can easily jump to the "hi-society" from there if you have "their" mindset. A mindset that is very close to retardedness. Hard to keep sane in there. A world that is ruled by money and so are the people in it. But not all people.
Maybe "he" was not one of them. Maybe he couldn't bear the sh#t. No vacation and psychiatrist can solve this issue, if you are not "blunt" or "hardened" enough. An age of 30 years means nothing. Many are still "weak", when they join this "faction". And this profession can destroy you. Literally. That is what society has become.

I wished newspapers would publish any suicide happening in the world. Because it happens a lot. Daily. But you never hear from them. It's all bees and flowers. War and miserable status quo are always far far away. Or someone went Amok? Oh... he must have been a psychopath anyways. It's certainly not the socio-economic system (money), which drills people to that. Can't be...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I feel so bad for him
I've never been able to afford or have the time off work to get a vacation, let alone work on one

Not sure there is any indication of a conspiracy here. Just some guy that had the world handed to him on a silver platter who took the easy way out when things didn't go 100% his way.

From the article he went through school the normal hard way so he earned his degrees and work.

My beautiful niece did the same to become a lawyer, she helps the poor with free work to a charity firm after hard days at work. If she were to become depressed and kill herself, people would do the whole "blood sucking lawyer" thing! People ARE NOT all the same we can't decide it is great they died by reading what job they do!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I wish they would all hold hands and jump together. C'mon it will be fun, for us. Saprophytes.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I feel so bad for him

From the article he went through school the normal hard way so he earned his degrees and work.

My beautiful niece did the same to become a lawyer, she helps the poor with free work to a charity firm after hard days at work. If she were to become depressed and kill herself, people would do the whole "blood sucking lawyer" thing! People ARE NOT all the same we can't decide it is great they died by reading what job they do!

I didn't imply that he was just some "blood sucking" wall street guy. But he certainly had life handed to him on a silver platter, had it much easier than anyone I've ever known, and still had family that cared about him. Chances are things didn't go his way (as they have his entire life) at work, and instead of looking for different opportunities to apply his talents, he crumbled and decided to throw everything away.

School the "normal" way

Thomas was educated at the $52,000 a year Canterbury School in Milford, Connecticut. He studied economics at Northwestern University

Not really

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday
Actually... you can't blame anyone in this world "taking the easy way out". Not in this world.

He's not someone who had a hopeless life. He had more than enough to do whatever he wanted in this world

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

School the "normal" way

Thomas was educated at the $52,000 a year Canterbury School in Milford, Connecticut. He studied economics at Northwestern University

My sister worked at the cannery in season and raised her two girls through hardship and yet she sent her daughters to good schools like Mount Holyoke College. My niece got scholarships and loans and my sister remortgaged her home 3 times to accomplish this.
A person can't know anything from an article. Someone being born rich is also no sin and not a choice, anyone of any income can suffer depression. We can't know the heart of a person and thus it is not right to say Great glad they are dead!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Financial Murder Conspiracy - 48 dead 2014

At least four so far this year.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

He's not someone who had a hopeless life. He had more than enough to do whatever he wanted in this world

If you get served everything on a silver tablet, you get the feeling you didn't do anything yourself. You feel as if you haven't earned it, and that you don't deserve the richness and luxury from it. I knew peope who just collect, collect, collect money, but don't know what to do with it. They only spend small parts of it (parts which they obviously believe they have really "earned").

However, this only happens if you have a conscience. Many people don't seem to have a conscience though, so they embrace the superficialty and money-god, spend everything in luxury and are still happy. And I agree that life is basically simpler when you got lots of money (usually most bankers have). But it takes a certain mindset to "embrace" such a lifestyle.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: OhOkYeah

School the "normal" way

My sister worked at the cannery in season and raised her two girls through hardship and yet she sent her daughters to good schools like Mount Holyoke College. My niece got scholarships and loans and my sister remortgaged her home 3 times to accomplish this.
A person can't know anything from an article. Someone being born rich is also no sin and not a choice, anyone of any income can suffer depression. We can't know the heart of a person and thus it is not right to say Great glad they are dead!

He had all the opportunity any person could want. He could have changed his circumstances with the flick of his wrist. If it's suicide, and not murder, there is no reason to feel bad for this guy. Life is precious and he threw it away, along with all of the privilege and opportunity that most people would kill for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join