It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a potential severe weather outbreak coming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying that I'm not a weather expert. However, I am familiar with how weather systems work and have a general understanding of what sets off severe weather. Right now we're seeing a smattering of extreme weather over Texas and the plains. Which is kind of normal for this kind of year.

If you take a look at the surface analysis chart : Surface Analysis Chart, you'll notice two areas of high pressure. One camped out over the southern east coast and another camped out over the gulf.

Right now, there is a very strong flow up from out of the gulf that is pretty much saturating Texas and all the areas we're hearing about in the news with rain and storms. The high pressure setup over the east coast seems to be keeping that cold front stationary over the plains.

If you take a look at current barometric pressures over Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, etc : Current Barometric Pressures, You'll notice that pressures are pretty high. They have been for weeks now in the Ohio valley and east coast.

This pattern can't last forever. I do see it persisting for most of the summer though. This all leads me to the point of this thread. With all the very strong flow coming up from the gulf that has been persisting for weeks, the first powerful cold front that drops out of the north west dragging Canadian air with it, could set off a chain of sever weather across the Ohio Valley, and East Coast that could be pretty intense.

I'd like some input as to weather anyone else might see the possibility of this happening. I'd have uploaded images of the links I posted to, but I'm unable to upload at the current time.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Climatic Caos on Sept. 25.......At least that's the doom foretold on the net.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I thought the Rocky Mountains are the primary reason(?) severe weather pounds the Plains in the form of tornados, wind and hail.

Them mountains come out of nowhere and go straight up. Cold air at altitude blowing east rolls down to the warm air on the Plains and presto, turbulence.

Thats why they call the region east of the rockies, Tornado Alley.

edit on 29-5-2015 by intrptr because: link

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think the changing ocean currents will make the whole weather system prone to severe weather in the Northern Hemisphere. Especially the Gulf Stream changes...

nhm.ac.uk...

Best not to mention climate change in Texas even though they are experiencing it big time. I predict hurricane season this year to be cataclysmic, even though NOAA predicts an lower than normal season.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

edit on 29-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's the interaction between the gulf flow and the canadian flow that causes the severe weather. The gulf flow usually occurs because of a high pressure setup over the gulf. This sends warm moist air up to the plains. The lifting action on the outside of the cold front throws that moist air up into the atmosphere creating cumulonimbus clouds. As that warm moist air rises, it begins to cool. When it cools, it comes crashing back down causing the storm. The plains is normally just a meeting point between the two. The cool air from the Rockies supplements the cold front.
edit on 5/29/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The cool air from the Rockies supplements the cold front.

All air coming down off the rockies is cold. There will always be severe weather there, from Texas to Canada. But I get your need to call the next storm as a prediction.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's always cold, but it's not nearly as cold as when a low pressure systems drops straight out of Canada. That's why much of the east coast has had bitter winters in 2014 and 2013. An over abundance of Canadian air. Those pressure systems are VERY potent.

That's why I'm wondering if there's a setup for a very nasty outbreak. Because right now there is a very intense flow from the Gulf. Mix that with an intense front out of Canada, and it could get very nasty.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

It's always cold, but it's not nearly as cold as when a low pressure systems drops straight out of Canada. That's why much of the east coast has had bitter winters in 2014 and 2013. An over abundance of Canadian air. Those pressure systems are VERY potent.

That's why I'm wondering if there's a setup for a very nasty outbreak. Because right now there is a very intense flow from the Gulf. Mix that with an intense front out of Canada, and it could get very nasty.

Please stop calling it Canadian air, this is Arctic air and we Canadians are not happy about it either. Tomorrow there is a cold front coming in from 'the north' and our temps are going to crash. It is not right for us to have a high of 22C (feels like 26C) on Saturday to a high of 9 degrees on Sunday morning, but feels like 5. It has been cloudy and windy this spring more days than in the past. This is the end of May, not the end of April.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Thanks for the correction. You're right. It is arctic air. And I'm sure it is most definitely making you guys miserable.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

We are at the start of an extreme weather event already-Its the beginning of a particually fierce El Nino which caused the recent horror floods in Texas,and the Horror heatwave in India.

Expect worse to come over the next 12 months or so.
Mega heatwaves/drought,massive floods/monsoons,and other crazy weather worse than the norm.
Pretty much the whole planet will feel it in some shape or form.

Batten down the hatches folks,and help your neighbors.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I was mainly referring to a tornado outbreak sometime this summer or fall.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I think the changing ocean currents will make the whole weather system prone to severe weather in the Northern Hemisphere. Especially the Gulf Stream changes...

nhm.ac.uk...

Best not to mention climate change in Texas even though they are experiencing it big time. I predict hurricane season this year to be cataclysmic, even though NOAA predicts an lower than normal season.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

El Nino is also in effect which brings extreme weather - add that to accelerating ocean and atmospheric warmth - and yeh - extreme weather.

Increasingly extreme weather events are here to stay if we don't, as a species, do something about it. And we DO HAVE the POWER to mitigate the worst even now.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Your post reminded me of the devastating "Hurricane Katrina" that drowned New Orleans back in 2005. I was astonished to realize that was a decade ago now, and it was at the end of August. I am not sure if there are weather cycles - ebbs and flows, as it were. If so, it could be that it is all building up again to be something as severe as the New Orleans hurricane season of 2005...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Good news....

It's not atmospheric conditions, ocean currents or anything physical that is causing the extreme weather.

This video explains it all....it's witchcraft and sodomites!!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Severe weather in the plains during spring is normal. But there is nothing normal about what has been going on here this spring.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

WAY to much rain in one place and WAY to little in another. Sounds like an event.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I'm not particularly talking about all the rain that's taking place in Texas and in the lower plains. I'm not even talking about the normal storm season this time of year for the plains.

I'm referring to this year in late summer and early to mid fall. The Ohio Valley usually sees one last uptick in severe weather before winter comes. Looking at the current setup, and seeing as how El Nino might keep this setup throughout the summer, the first artic front that comes through could trigger an off the scale outbreak in September or October of this year.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL! Yep.

Actually if a person wanted to make a biblical comparison with what is happening in the US with weather, ect, they need to get into pre-captivity conditions and events and not for these single big blow out events like the S and the big G.

Thats much worse for a number of reasons. We can talk about that but when you have to much rain in one place and zero in another you are talking about pre-captivity conditions.

Some conditions noted during those times.....cites full of murder, the rampant taking of bribes over justice and or justice at a price, prosperity prophets, wage oppression with a luxury class of lazy bastards, an economy based on to much interaction with other nations, international and foreign policy whoring, blaming past generations for current evil, so many creature comforts rotting out the teeth of a nation......and the list goes on and you can see its a can of worms.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The Midwest has been very fortunate over the last decade. Rain wise, growing seasons.....record crops after record crops.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

What does that have to do with anything about the topic?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join