It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia puts Fear in U.S.A.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
proteinx we agree on something??!! hehe...I thought the day would never come...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Propaganda wise,the US is still relatively clean. Only America can boast of a truely free media.

you lost me on this one. america's media is truly OWNED. amerika's propoganda machine is unparalleled in it's subtlety and scope. i don't know about nukes(except, that there was equivalent five tons of dynamite for every person on earth when i was a in school), but pulling off an open consipracy is alot more powerful than communist hard sell lies. US wins that one.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
This is just more anti-american c**p. And with this whole Russia-China-India-Brazil alliance, are any of those nations in the financial and/or military situation to wage a war against America and its allies.

Speaking as one citisen from an allying country of america i can safey say that these countries are in a position to cause serios damage to us.
They posses the worlds most advanced missile in the world and have the stealthiest diesel submarines availible to the world.
Got bigger armies than us and a better control of thier country.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Thats true but I'll have to say that on a one on one basis American and British troops are better than most Chinese/Russian/Indian soldiers. Except maybe Spetsnaz, they're pretty tough competition for anybody, even SAS and Delta Force.

Anyhow we should all be thankful that war between those forces hasn't broke out recently. Then again I could swear that some people hanging around this thread (I won't mention names) are hoping for a war.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Thats true but I'll have to say that on a one on one basis American and British troops are better than most Chinese/Russian/Indian soldiers. Except maybe Spetsnaz, they're pretty tough competition for anybody, even SAS and Delta Force.

Anyhow we should all be thankful that war between those forces hasn't broke out recently. Then again I could swear that some people hanging around this thread (I won't mention names) are hoping for a war.

Ahh but you are talking about special forces...In an all out war its the mobile infantry which is the one that counts..
Also in terms of training I devilwasp said that the USMC test was $hitty..I don't about that...Maybe they are better trained than the MI of India/China/Russia...the USMC eqiup is surely better..but heres another point to ponder...
The Indian military is one of the few in the world where enlistment is purely voluntary..so theres a big motivation factor..also unlike the US infantry these men do not have much air cover/equipment/armor and hence they have much more of a 'all-out' approach. Remember the Kargil War?..Its almost absolutely impossible to dislodge a well supplied force lodged up high in the mountains, with good anti-aircraft capability...unless you charge them and engage in some close combat..I'm talking grenades, knives etc..thats exactly what happened there..That extra bit of fervour and zest might make heluva difference in actual combat...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Air support requires air superiority. If the US lost the air war in Korea then they would have lost the ground war without the required air support.
Siberian Tiger, you say that we are lied to, but I suspect it is you who is the main consumer of propaganda. Historically it is the communistic countires such as the USSR who were under the most controlled in their information they were allowed to get. The US has had a free press for as long as it has existed. Russia has had it for maybe 14 years now???? And maybe not now either with current events.
How old are you Siberian Tiger????
I suspect under 20. You seem patriotic, but so much so as to be blind to reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The U.S. has a very free press; the problem is the press is STUPID and BIASED, and thus creates its own propaganda. But the press opposes itself (some parts are pro liberal, other pro conservative, etc....) and they make up junk to argue with each other all the time; but they and the gov't aren't always on the greatest of terms.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
My friend what I say is 1000% correct , (thats right 1000%) VVS flew 1872 Sorties in Korean war VVS shot down 1106 F-80-84's and F-86's, VVS lost 335 MiG 15's to F-86's and only 10 MiG 15's to non-combat reasons, and I'mm 25 years old AND Know what I talk about, and Broadsword I commend you on your post about U.S. Media please pump some scense into these people.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
WIerd stuff but utimately the US, without nuclear weapons, could defeat such a coalition.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Russia doesn't need a coalition to defeat U.S. you'll see soon you'll see WW3 soon and Rus will win the conventional part if it goes Nuke noone wins.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If I didn't know any better I'd say that you want WWIII to break out. Really now how would war benenfit either side. If war breaks out between the two even without nukes the US is screwed and so is Russia.

Conventinally I have a hard time believing that Russia would out right win. Currently Russia's navy is in no state to fight a war with the US. This means that Russia would be unable to launch an effective offensive.

Of course Russia's anti-naval defense's are very nice so I think that the US would be in the same boat as Russia. So I doubt either one could launch a strike on each others turf short of going nuclear.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
USA and Russia go to war, thats WW3

"The Third World War will be fought with nuclear weapons,
but the Fourth War will be fought with sticks"
- Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Russia doesn't need a coalition to defeat U.S. you'll see soon you'll see WW3 soon and Rus will win the conventional part if it goes Nuke noone wins.

I seriously doubt that...Russia cannot defeat the US conventionally..It can defend very well against a US offensive but not wage a overseas campaign...although I'm not too sure about Europe..
In the 60s and 70s the USSR definitely had a ground forces tech advantage over the US/NATO..maybe still exists..

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
MY Friend as we speak RIGHT NOW there are OVER 20 Nuclear CARRING Russkie SUBs of both coats of U.S.A. ready and on Alert to STRIKE with Nukes U.S. has their's also of the Finland coast so I think you better wake up and start studing the signals of WW3

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Siberian, what other info do you have? I'm just curious because I remember over the summer the US sent a fleet of vessels over to the pacific somewhere, but I haven't heard anything since.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by titus
USA and Russia go to war, thats WW3

"The Third World War will be fought with nuclear weapons,
but the Fourth War will be fought with sticks"
- Albert Einstein

I'm with you man!

"You have voted titus for the Way Above Top Secret award."

[edit on 29-1-2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

MY Friend as we speak RIGHT NOW there are OVER 20 Nuclear CARRING Russkie SUBs of both coats of U.S.A. ready and on Alert to STRIKE with Nukes U.S. has their's also of the Finland coast so I think you better wake up and start studing the signals of WW3

I think you are being over optimistic as Fleet Admiral Gennady Suchkov (in charge at the time of the loss of the Kursk) told Interfax news agency in an interview that Russia's navy has lost its most powerful subs and the whole fleet may disappear by 2008

All of the Typhoon-class strategic nuclear submarines have been deactivated because there are no longer any reliable intercontinental ballistic missiles for them to carry and launch.

Suchkov said the Russian Navy is trying to develop a new nuclear missile, the Bulava, to rearm the Typhoons but it does not even have a prototype ready yet.

Russian Navy May Sink By 2008

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hah. That's funny. The fact is that Russia hasn't been too broke to send a single ballistic missile submarine out to sea in years. They are sitting in their docks deteriorating like the rest of the Russian military.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
if Russia were to attack the US and fumbled just once and ended up killing Canadian citizens, do you have any idea what kind of payback would be in store? the entire globe would be against you. even these supposed allies would probably turn on you
The US may have the military, but who needs the miltary when the whole world has your back
haha

Tahlen

PS haha

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Tahlen]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Popeye
Russia's navy has lost its most powerful subs and the whole fleet may disappear by 2008

Suchkov said the Russian Navy is trying to develop a new nuclear missile, the Bulava, to rearm the Typhoons but it does not even have a prototype ready yet.

Russian Navy May Sink By 2008

MOSCOW, January 28 (RIA Novosti) - In 2005, the Russian Navy will be supplied with two strategic nuclear-powered submarines "Yury Dolgoruky" and "Dmitry Donskoy" carrying on board the newest sea-based missiles systems "Bulava", says First Deputy Defense Minister Alexander Belousov.

"Allegations that all our technology is outdated do not hold water. The performance of our technology is not inferior to that in any other industrialized country," he added.

This year will also see a battalion of S-400 "Triumph" anti-aircraft missile launchers (six pieces) being put on combat duty, continued Belousiv.

Russian Information Agency

There goes your russian navy disappearing and new bulava that doesnt exists even as prototype

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join