It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum Bugs with Opera browser...is it just me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Does anyone else use Opera for a browser? I know they just did a server switch, so maybe it's related but coming on this morning, the format of ATS is severely screwed up for me to the point where I can barely find my way around. It's like there is no formatting at all. Anybody else having this issue?

Is there something I can possibly do to fix it? I love my Opera and really don't want to have to change to some other browser just for this site. I'm currently in Chrome to post this and all is fine.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Clear the cache and see if that helps

help.opera.com...
edit on 29-5-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I tried that, no luck. I ran different cleaners, turned on and off different security features and disabled all (the one I have) extensions in my browser and nothing.

I suppose it's just opera not playing nice. Maybe it'll be fixed when they release an update.

Thanks though.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Try Maxthon

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just downloaded the latest Opera in order to check for you and it is all screwed for me as well..

Guess Opera is not currently compatible ...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Yeah, I just tried updating and it still wasn't working, so that's my thought too. Rats.
Thanks.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

I just sent a message to our Tech guy...

Not sure what can be done, but at least they will be aware of it

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

My version of Opera is rendering ATS without any issues at all. Can you provide screen shots?

My only best-guess as that for some reason, your browser or service provider is not "seeing" the new DNS changes that have happened.

Look into instructions for "flushing the DNS cache" in your cable modem and/or router.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Aha, I figured it out.

On my Opera start page, i have a bookmark here, but the bookmark links to abovetopsecret.com. I changed the link to http : // www.abovetopsecret.com and it works, so it was the way I formatted the link.

It will do the same thing in Chrome as well and maybe other browsers.

So if anyone does have this issue, make sure to type the http :// www before the address.

edit on 29-5-2015 by CoherentlyConfused because: added spaces to show the exact format of the link

edit on 29-5-2015 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm using Opera with no issues.

Version 22.0.1471.50, I have no idea if that is the latest or an old one from 2003???

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

This is what I get after a fresh install of Opera..

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's exactly what I was seeing.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That's classic style-sheet issues.

I think I found the problem as, on the new server, the style sheets weren't showing properly for "abovetopsecret.com/" without the WWW in front. Try it now (after clearing your browser cache), it should be fixed.

Note: We're running a very strict version of server software, there will be some minor issues like this that didn't show up in testing.

edit on 29-5-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

YEP!!!!

Fixed now

YOU ROCK!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join