It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: haman10

Yay, let's just keep focusing on the evil American cartoonists and not the guys who drove 1000 miles too shoot up crappy artists,
No . lets focus on all of them .

lets hold both of them responsible , especially those who terrorise others .

but then again , those are not some "innocent cartoonists" who promote peace . they're a bunch of trolls , they're warmongers . they're haters .

thats what they are .

If drawing someones prophet its terrorism, then it needs to be done on a regular basis until it no longer effects people...

If their faith is so weak that drawing a picture of their prophet sends them into a frenzy or causes them that much grief, then id say thats a problem with their faith and not a problem with society...

Society isnt free from being offended.....

and the only freedom of speech worth defending is the speech that is disliked or unpopular, because if everyone liked it, it wouldnt need to be defended

I wouldnt attend this event, and I dont agree with showing up armed, and possibly scaring women and children by holding this outside the mosque...

but its still their right to do so

Ive yet to see anyone kill west boro baptist church people for THEIR ignorance, no matter how angry it makes us.....

There seems to be a key difference there, in the people confronting people like that, and the more temperamental muslim community who would rather just kill you

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Well they are on my side, and if I'm in a fight that's who I want on my side, And if you don't like it all you tenets of this faith. Why don't you do something about it?why don't you rise up and stop isis and extremist I'll tell you why because you'll get your head cut off too. Sorry man there is a difference between the war mongering cartoonist and the guys taking heads for trophies and if you can't see that then your the enemy to!
edit on 29-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Newsflash: We all know they have the right to do it. A blinding epiphany it's not.

The stupidity lies in the fact that it's inviting this ridiculous ISIS war to Phoenix. The killings in Iraq and Syria aren't enough to suit some? so bring it to the U.S.? And the guy, the ex-marine, is on TV this morning advising everyone who is participating to bring guns. He's apparently looking to kill someone. How admirable is that?

And it doesn't matter if the Mosque members serve them bacon sandwiches and bloody Mary's. The psychos can easily come from other states and areas to take their vengeance, and so it begins. The threat is very likely NOT from Mosque members, but from the wanna-be ISIS fools.

Couldn't you use the same logic to stop a protest of anything?

Protesting against the KKK will lead them to your area and could cause violence, right. So we should just keep quiet.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If this was truly just about free speech and trying to weed out extremist, then why did they choose where they choose to do this?

Oh ya, because they really think this mosque is a 'jihad' training, isis loving, death to america mosque based on the actions of two people.

I'll ask again, as I have in every thread. Who has looked into the connection?
I spent a small amount of time and it seems only one of them has the connection.

Go do this where you don't put innocent lives at risk who want nothing do with this event.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: ilpero

So cheering for the team that, wants to censor your thoughts an actions, and will use violence to achieve such censorship is appropriate . if they think they are bad asses here's their chance an open invitation come tell us what we can and can't do. There's really no side to this it's simple, people are exercising their freedom because there is a religion hellbent on destroying such freedoms.

Excuse my language, maybe i didn't come through with my view. I absolytely support right to draw muhammeds as much as anyone wants.
I also support the idea that you could go cheering for your team in the bar where opposing teams holigans are chearing for their team. I support the idea and in theory it would be my right to do so, the reality just hasen't had the memo yet.

And as freedom of speach is to me at least universal human right, so is the responsible action every ones duty. Feeding flames of hatred and dividing people instead of consentrating to build meaningful dialogue and deeper trust among people only makes it harder for us to evolve our views and mutual understanding. I see it like this that keeping us divided and fighting each other only profits "their" (inser your favourite villan) goals.
edit on 29-5-2015 by ilpero because: little adding

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
When's this festival of multi culture taking place?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well sremmos if these mother# would put on a uniform then we'd know who to kill. Might want to take that up with the jihadi ROW committee.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

This evening

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Well then the threat exists, and exists regardless of this event, and eventually someday somewhere they will act that threat out and god forbid you are there on that fateful day. At least this provides a forum for them to attack with the expectation of attack, so soft target like you do not become harmed. You should be glad people like us in this thread exist.

In other words, you see this as an "ambush".

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yay, let's just keep focusing on the evil American cartoonists and not the guys who drove 1000 miles too shoot up crappy artists,

but then again , those are not some "innocent cartoonists" who promote peace . they're a bunch of trolls , they're warmongers . they're haters .

thats what they are .

why aren't they innocent? they may be haters, but being a hater is not a crime. shooting someone while not in a defensive posture protecting your life or the lives of others happens to in fact be a crime. whether it occurred to you or not there is only one set of rules recognized by this land. and that happens to be the laws of the United States of America, not some crazy person "i can shoot you if i don't like your art" law. seriously i feel like people are getting dumber by the day. all i see anymore is "check your privilege", "that's racist", and "you aren't allowed to do something if it may offend someone"

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Meh. Radical Muslims are also offended by gay people--to the extent they toss them off of buildings. Should we cancel "Modern Family" lest they be offended?

When someone tries to intimidate you out of your freedom of speech is the time when you need to use it the loudest.

This is a great point. People that argue "why do something that is going to offend the Muslims" don't think a thing about how the blatant homosexuality portrayed on TV and movies may be offending them.

Where is the difference here? In predominately Muslim countries, open homosexuality is punishable by death! Yet those who are soooo worried about offending them would be appalled if we told TV/Movie producers that they can no longer show gays and lesbians on TV or in our movies.

This "freedom of expression" that will take place tonight in Phoenix is necessary.
edit on 29-5-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

thats what they are .

Ive yet to see anyone kill west boro baptist church people for THEIR ignorance, no matter how angry it makes us.....

There seems to be a key difference there, in the people confronting people like that, and the more temperamental muslim community who would rather just kill you
yeah we all know what happened to davidians in 1993 . these people hate and they hate not because we're muslims , but because they're haters . you can be a christian and be targeted like that .

en.wikipedia.org...

i think you misunderstood my comment , from "the people who terrorize others" i meant ISIS fanatics who launched the attacks .

I disagree with both involved parties . the so called "cartoonists" for being ignorant and promoting hatred and the "muslim" terrorists for blowing people up as a result . you see if these so called muslims didn't attack the cartoonists , even the cartoonists themselves would have been sicked out by the hate inside their hearts that they would have stopped these actions long before this .

but the ISIS monkeys drew worldwide attention to these people and that why this campaign of hate will not end till it plants more seeds of mistrust and disgust in the hearts of muslims .

you talked about baptists , i talk about davidians . why were they massacred and burned alive ? what did the davidian kids do ?
edit on 29-5-2015 by haman10 because: shortened the quote

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well then the threat exists, and exists regardless of this event, and eventually someday somewhere they will act that threat out and god forbid you are there on that fateful day. At least this provides a forum for them to attack with the expectation of attack, so soft target like you do not become harmed. You should be glad people like us in this thread exist.

Wouldn't call it an ambush, we are forcing no one's hand by drawing Muhammad! There are those that would kill you for just being America and they are here. I was following the logical ends to your argument.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is billionaires through Pamela Geller
trying to start terror attacks where there weren't any.
TREASON anyone?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

My guess we will see more of these little events take place more and more over the summer especially in the, Dare I say it, lol ;; the Jade helm states

edit on 29-5-2015 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
This is billionaires through Pamela Geller
trying to start terror attacks where there weren't any.
TREASON anyone?
As a muslim , i think drawing these cartoons should not draw any terrorist attack . if it does , it really shows the amount of backwardness and stupidity some terrorists have . i mean give yourself a little break you little freak and think about what you're doing .

this is what they're doing : drawing more attention to these hatred campaigns . portraying Islam as a religion of violence .

but then again , the other part of the story as you rightfully mentioned - the likes of pamela geller - are warmongers too .

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

If only we had a love bomb....

Make a funny video that.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Wouldn't call it an ambush, we are forcing no one's hand by drawing Muhammad! There are those that would kill you for just being America and they are here. I was following the logical ends to your argument.

I understand. Nonetheless, if there are ex-marines or anyone else who want to use killing, provoked killing, legal killing then there is a way to do that called 'the military'. Take it to the killing fields where the fools are abundant, and stop targeting American Mosques, and bringing the fight here. Surely you can see my point.

If this is a peaceful Mosque, and we don't know that it isn't, this serves no purpose other than to make a group of people uncomfortable, and cautious about attending their own place of worship, which they have a right to do. It's harassment. Why didn't they choose another venue? Simply because of their religious beliefs?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Perhaps they should protest in a "free speech" zone.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Perhaps they should protest in a "free speech" zone.

You've made your point again and again about free speech, and nobody is questioning that. It's not about that anymore. It's simply not prudent, nor is it beneficial to any group to perpetrate such vast stupidity.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join