It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Its not "hiding behind a flag" to stand up for the freedoms we ALL have in this country... Muslims included.

This does not extend however, to killing people because they exercise their freedoms.. see france, london, usa, australia, and more...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Awesome

#notmyamerica is also the top trending on Twitter where people are condemning hatred against Muslims, including evangelical Christians which makes me hopeful that maybe this absurd fear and hatred that often is fostered in Churches is fading out. I grabbed this off there.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I need some information straightened out for me. It is my understanding that the event venue was changed to a nearby park.

I heard that several times on news reports. Then I watched a helicopter zoom in on the protesters they then panned out to show the mosque about a mile away.

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to where the protest is located?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I only see protesters in a parking lot but there reporting there on there way to the mosque

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No guns in the biker bar?!?

link   
Maybe every one got caught up playing Call of Duty and forgot to watch the clock.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

if anyone finds a live link please post the link

#NotMyAmerica is exploding and hard to keep up

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Those people in the first photo are people protesting the bikers.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I think this is in front of the mosque and the next are people heading to the mosque

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This America and in America we have freedom of religion or worship whatever you arse wants to worship, but we also have Freedom of speech and we exercise it the same, we also have rights to arms and that goes hand in hand with freedom of speech.

So in America if somebody doesn't like something that is fine and dandy as long as its not any of our constitutional rights.

Is as simple as that.

This America no the middle east.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Link to live stream.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ya the other guys have guns.

Man I am really bummed there is no live feed of this.
ETA: I lied!
edit on thFri, 29 May 2015 20:08:31 -0500America/Chicago520153180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

You CAN draw as much as you can and that's coming from a Muslim. At the end of the day, nobody has got the slightest clue of what Jesus or Muhhamed looked like. So getting offended over a silly drawing that isn't even realistic is silly. Wearing a shirt saying FU**K ISLAM! in front of a Mosque is offensive, or shouting Heil Hitler in a Jewish neighborhood is far from free speech. but anything anti-Muslim seems completely fine though.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

I thought that T-shirts with dirty words can not be worn in public or in front of children.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We know that most wars have a religious persecution in some way behind them, yet we insist on continuously evoking some of the worst that humanity can conjure up.

Collectively, we are all very stupid.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Found a different one that works.
Sound is bad though : /
edit on thFri, 29 May 2015 20:22:30 -0500America/Chicago520153080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well you can if it's anti-Muslim.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Pretty large crowd now and a line of swat goes threw the middle of the crowd between each different protest groups. Every other cop is facing in the opposite direction.

The live link is working for me thanks for posting

edit on 29-5-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Bigotry is alive and well in America.

No matter what Fox news and the conservatives tell you, it's still going strong.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Wearing a shirt saying FU**K ISLAM! in front of a Mosque is offensive, or shouting Heil Hitler in a Jewish neighborhood is far from free speech. but anything anti-Muslim seems completely fine though.

In fairness, the Westboro Baptists have done worse than this and been protected by the courts, even to the point where they have been allowed to hold their hate fests in cemeteries where soldiers are being laid to rest. They've targeted Christians, Jews, Homosexuals, soldiers, heterosexuals, laborers, police, everyone under the sun. Essentially America's court system has deemed that you can bitch about anyone and protest anything openly and without restraint... except for the government and/or government hosted events, those limit bitching and protesting to demarcated "Free Speech" zones. In other words, the Constitution that clearly states THE GOVERNMENT may not limit or qualify free speech is used to prevent private citizens and groups from stepping on free speech while the government controls the exercising of the actual right completely.

Go ahead, wave those flags everybody!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join