It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah, I know all that.

Not talkin' free speech. I'm Talkin' "stupid".
edit on 5/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: haman10

I could easily say in the same light those hearts of a billion people, are being forced by the hands a minority group within their hyarchy, and if these guys would put on uniforms Wed know who to kill, furthermor the chicken and the egg question doesn't matter anymore (which came first, who attacked who first, blah blah) the sides are clearly defined and I know where I stand. The guys taking heads for trophies;the guys trying to censor our freedoms, need to die, and the cartoonist drawling their beloved hero, need to get free art lessons by the taxpayers money
the guys are cutting my peoples head as trophies not yours . they are taking away my freedom , not yours and finally they are terrorising my country , not yours .

so you make fun of me and you insult my beliefs to get back on those "guys" ? to get back on the people who are fighting me ? Thank you very much . such a fine logic .
edit on 29-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Mugly

No the movie theaters refused to play it,so it was released on DVD and had success not because it was a good movie but because of the principal. Sorry American aren't weak maybe the ones you hang out with, come on down to Texas .

release was delayed for more than 2 months. i just linked it to you.
and from reading this thread, i get it.

youre a super duper tough guy. youre the man.
dont mess with texas and all that crap.

fact is youre wrong.
yes, it was released but it was not immediate like you said.
it was put off and then single theaters refused to play it because of threats.

budget= 42 million
box office= 11 million

that is crazy successful

it earned about 40 million in digital rentals which did not even cover the budget...so, yeah

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You forgot how much it sucked as a movie period.

I've seen better film on teeth.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Beezer, for the tenth time. I'm not saying we should relinquish our free speech; but I am saying we would be better off if some of these folks would relinquish their stupidity.
Just because the ME is filled with murderous fools, doesn't mean we have to be.

I think everyone missed the point this is a protest to the threats nothing more. If someone says something against Islam they are issued death threats fatwas are declared. This is simply people expressing their disapproval of those actions if islam didnt threaten people they would not be doing this. It's not being stupid it is simply a way of protesting a groups behavior. The more people that stand up instead of hide in fear is a good thing. Even THE Press has started editing what they say for fear of reprisals.
edit on 5/29/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Super duper tough guy, haha. Well ok then, if you want to hit my words by splitting hairs fair enough was not immediate, the release of the move and the subsequent viewing by pretty much every American was a success in of it's self. The cinemas choosing not to show it was a corporate decision , and if you want to cut my words as to paint americans an any other light so be it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

no they werent and youre trying to draw a parallel where there was none,the Dividians were killed by the American gov and it was a tragedy, and ill also add that the people of the US were HORRIFIED about the whole thing and did not stand behind the gov...

Youre willfully obfuscating and are continuing to show a deficit, in understanding the parallels im drawing here....

I get it , youre muslim, we all know by now...

That doesnt change a DAMN thing about this situation or the fact they have the right to do it, and that it isnt THEM thats the problem its the violent reaction...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a little more

en.wikipedia.org...

In August 2014, shortly after The Interview's release was delayed to December 25, it was reported that Sony had made post-production alterations to the film to reduce its insensitivity to North Korea. These changes included modifying the designs of buttons worn by characters, originally modeled after real North Korean military buttons praising the country's leaders, and plans to cut a portion of Kim Jong-un's death scene

ooooohhh. we so tough

On August 7, 2014, Sony pushed the release date for the film from October 10, 2014 to December 25, 2014

Following the hackers' threats on December 16, Rogen and Franco canceled scheduled publicity appearances and Sony pulled all television advertising.[54] The National Association of Theater Owners stated that they would not object to cinema owners delaying the film to ensure the safety of movie-goers. Shortly afterwards, the ArcLight and Carmike cinema chains announced that they would not screen the film

On December 17, Sony canceled the New York City premiere. Later that day, other major theater chains including AMC, Cinemark, Cineplex, Regal and Southern Theatres either delayed or canceled screenings of the film

On December 23, Sony announced a limited release of The Interview on December 25, 2014, at more than three hundred American independent and arthouse cinemas

^^^oh boy. they showed their balls. limited release at indy and arthouse cinemas.

go tough guys

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Super duper tough guy, haha. Well ok then, if you want to hit my words by splitting hairs fair enough was not immediate, the release of the move and the subsequent viewing by pretty much every American was a success in of it's self. The cinemas choosing not to show it was a corporate decision , and if you want to cut my words as to paint americans an any other light so be it.

yeah yeah.

all i wanted to do was prove you wrong and i did.
it was not immediate and it was in fact not a financial success like you claimed.

threats were made and we caved in.
it was released after a delay and edits.

lysergic, how good of a movie it was is beside the point.
i just wanted to show the tough guy he was wrong, and i did

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

again those are corporate decisions not the peoples decisions......

The people showed up en masse at the theaters who reacted by showing Team America and other movies in lieu of the MOVIE COMPANY choosing to stop....

I still have no idea what this has to do with the OP....

If you want to have an America bashing thread go start one...

This is about the "protests"

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind words.

Free speech means a lot to us. To me too of course. But it's a good thing which can be used in a bad way, and this is one of those times. Some people can't or won't get past that to discuss the other dynamics in this hate-filled event.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

im just touching on something someone said. they were wrong and i wanted to correct it.
im perfectly allowed to do that.

showed up en masse huh?
i guess thats why it grossed a whopping 11 million.

as for the protests.

while there is the whole freedom of speech thing, it is my opinion that this is only being done to stir crap up and cause trouble.
that is the only reason these bad ass bikers are doing what they are doing where they are doing it.

just cause you can do something does not mean you should.
its called being an adult and having some respect.

they know it is going to cause trouble and that is why they are doing it.
its pretty stupid really.

all they are trying to do is cause more division between people.

edit on 29-5-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

I could easily say in the same light those hearts of a billion people, are being forced by the hands a minority group within their hyarchy, and if these guys would put on uniforms Wed know who to kill, furthermor the chicken and the egg question doesn't matter anymore (which came first, who attacked who first, blah blah) the sides are clearly defined and I know where I stand. The guys taking heads for trophies;the guys trying to censor our freedoms, need to die, and the cartoonist drawling their beloved hero, need to get free art lessons by the taxpayers money
the guys are cutting my peoples head as trophies not yours . they are taking away my freedom , not yours and finally they are terrorising my country , not yours .

so you make fun of me and you insult my beliefs to get back on those "guys" ? to get back on the people who are fighting me ? Thank you very much . such a fine logic .

So you support the freedom of speech to draw cartoons of Mohammed?

Or, do you support the freedom of speech to draw endless caricatures of Jews and Jesus, but leave Mohammed alone? People in your country can draw cartoons all day long of Jews, but no one says a thing about it.

Either stand against all of it or don't stand against any, simple. Either freedom of speech is for everyone or no one at all. Which do you prefer?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What does any of this have to do with the Phoenix gathering????

Oh yea I forgot, you so burned him with your facts.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

this thread is now 10 pages in and is not only about phoenix.
i am not the one who brought up the interview and its release.
all i am doing is commenting on it.

and yes, i totally burned him with facts.

i rule

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Thanks for your kind words.

Free speech means a lot to us. To me too of course. But it's a good thing which can be used in a bad way, and this is one of those times. Some people can't or won't get past that to discuss the other dynamics in this hate-filled event.

There is an old phrase, "what goes around comes around"

The Muslim world has been drawing racist caricatures of Jews and Christians for a very long time, now it's time for them to join the modern world, stop being so Middle Ages and accept the fact that they can't go on forever with their racism against the Jews. Simple.

If Muslims and everyone else is permitted to draw and post pictures of Jesus in so many negative ways and we are not permitted to speak or act against it, what makes them special enough to not have it happen to their Mohammed?

What goes around comes around. People are tired of pandering to their neurosis and neurotic sensitivities.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Maybe some of the people there with firearms will get to shoot and kill a few bad guys with a few of them getting killed also. Asking for a fight just might work. They can then proclaim Mission Accomplished.

Doesn't seem to me that using freedom of speech to annoy others, works positively very often. Guess we will find out.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Mugly, your facts have won my heart, you my dear are my intellectual challenging other half. Thank you now please can I be your super duper tough guy, and please can we get back to the purpose of the thread.
edit on 29-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Doesn't seem to me that using freedom of speech to annoy others, works positively very often. Guess we will find out.

it does not work in a positive way.
nothing positive will come of this.
only more division.

the anti muslim crowd will be even more against it because of reactions they will get and muslims will be even more against good ole americans because of the crap these people will start.
that will be the result. the circle will continue.

many things can and probably will happen with this and its all going to be negative

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I know all that.

Not talkin' free speech. I'm Talkin' "stupid".

"Stupid" is still covered though.

We'll never get rid of "stupid".

If we did, I'd never be able to post anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join