It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

what happened with the dividians and how the american people are reacting to these idiots who want to KILL PEOPLE over a drawing, are in no way the same.....

Again.....the American people are heavily offended by how Westboro Baptist conducts itself, not only on a regular basis as its church but also how they protest and say ugly things about every sect in America...

They Hate gays....

THey hate the military

THey hate the police...

Yet NONE of the American people are trying to KILL them despite how ugly, disrespectful, or offensive they are....

The issue isnt the idiots who are offending people, the issue is the Muslim radicals who are killing people because they are offended.....

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

And ya know what else Beez? There aren't laws to prevent this, but there are laws against "inciting a riot", and if something of this nature occurs I hope all the stupid assholes wind up in jail.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Personally; I keep trying to draw God but I have no reference picture... =/

Caucasian Male, long white hair, 60s?

He keeps ending up looking like Jerry Garcia.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

And ya know what else Beez? There aren't laws to prevent this, but there are laws against "inciting a riot", and if something of this nature occurs I hope all the stupid assholes wind up in jail.

Like all the rioters and looters in balitmore and ferguson.......

Just saying....

THe double standards need to stop.....

The issue isnt bigotry, bigotry will always exist, jerks, A$$holes, pricks, dirtbags......will always exist....

The issue is the response.......

Personal accountability............

If someone offends me I dont have the right to kill them......

Again I dont agree with what these guys are doing, and I wouldnt take part........but they still have the right to do it..

If you cant stand on principle that these people have a 2nd amendment right to do this, but then get upset whenever someone elses second amendment right whose opinion you agree with is shut down, then you are NOT standing on principles you are just pushing your own ideology....
edit on 5/29/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
So ya let's flush them out into a populated area. Makes sense.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Sweetheart, when north Korea threatened our movie attendants,who were to see a movie casting Mr.Kim in a negative light what did we do? I'll tell you what we did we released the video immediately to DVD This is the American people not the government. This is our way and has been our way we are fiercely independent we make satires and people have to deal with it, and if they want to threaten us then we call their bluff and give them an out, this is our way and who we are as a people. If you don't like it that's fine, but tlwe will continue to be this way forever, we have living words that spell out what it means to be American and will die for these ideas. Anyone who wants to silence us or censor us should know this is Sparta!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It may not be prudent.
It may not be beneficial.
It may not be nice.
It may not be polite.

But if we start placing caveats on free expression, if we start placing qualifiers as to when it is appropriate, beneficial, prudent. . . . then we no longer have free speech.

We end up with "speech privileges".

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I wouldve laughed way harder had you said THIS IS MERICUH, then Hulk Hogan rips a riff on his American Flag "gitar", as 2 bald eagles hover over him, the American flag clenched mightily in their talons!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Protesting against the KKK will lead them to your area and could cause violence, right. So we should just keep quiet.

Look, do those people have cameras in this Mosque and have determined they are radical? I doubt it. And if they do, and know for a fact they are radical and plotting attacks against the U.S., then there are proper channels to go through to deal with that.

The police have put surveillance cameras around the Mosque, so I expect the paddy wagons (or meat wagons) will get a lot of business tonight. And for what? For what?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

what happened with the dividians and how the american people are reacting to these idiots who want to KILL PEOPLE over a drawing, are in no way the same.....

Again.....the American people are heavily offended by how Westboro Baptist conducts itself, not only on a regular basis as its church but also how they protest and say ugly things about every sect in America...

They Hate gays....

THey hate the military

THey hate the police...

Yet NONE of the American people are trying to KILL them despite how ugly, disrespectful, or offensive they are....

The issue isnt the idiots who are offending people, the issue is the Muslim radicals who are killing people because they are offended.....

Why aren't the same ? davidians were killed exactly for the same reason . they were killed for the exact same reasons weren't they ?

why else would the national police of a big country like the USA resort to massacre of 80 people 20 of them little kids ? and to actually burn them alive ?

for the forth time , all those people who use the following logic : "no one has the right to kill them for drawing a cartoon" are right on target .

you're right . you're 100% right . terrorists are terrorists , not in a million years you can change their mentality . they will kill you regardless .

but what i'm trying to say is that we should take a look at the motivation of the "cartoonists" too . don't you have anything to do in your life other than promoting hate and planting the seeds of hatred in the hearts of a billion people ?

how do you think people here view these "cartoons" ? they view it as the idea of all christians , not just a bunch of warmongers .

you see what i mean ? they can instead draw cartoons of ISIS , of christian-muslim unity . or use the time to build a hospital

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's entirely different with North Korea and you know it. Not a good analogy. All we have to do is say "boo" to them and they scatter.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

And for what? For what?

To exercise our freedom of speech.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Beezer, for the tenth time. I'm not saying we should relinquish our free speech; but I am saying we would be better off if some of these folks would relinquish their stupidity.
Just because the ME is filled with murderous fools, doesn't mean we have to be.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I could easily say in the same light those hearts of a billion people, are being forced by the hands a minority group within their hyarchy, and if these guys would put on uniforms Wed know who to kill, furthermor the chicken and the egg question doesn't matter anymore (which came first, who attacked who first, blah blah) the sides are clearly defined and I know where I stand. The guys taking heads for trophies;the guys trying to censor our freedoms, need to die, and the cartoonist drawling their beloved hero, need to get free art lessons by the taxpayers money
edit on 29-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Sweetheart, when north Korea threatened our movie attendants,who were to see a movie casting Mr.Kim in a negative light what did we do? I'll tell you what we did we released the video immediately to DVD This is the American people not the government. This is our way and has been our way we are fiercely independent we make satires and people have to deal with it, and if they want to threaten us then we call their bluff and give them an out, this is our way and who we are as a people. If you don't like it that's fine, but tlwe will continue to be this way forever, we have living words that spell out what it means to be American and will die for these ideas. Anyone who wants to silence us or censor us should know this is Sparta!

it was not immediate.
before it was released on dvd and netflix, single movie theaters were refusing to play the movie and then the studio pulled the national theatrical release all together.

that was the immediate reaction because people were piss scared little babies about it.
we bowed down to the threats. at least at first.
THAT is the american way

then it was released on dvd and netflix. people watched it. nothing happened.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Beezer, for the tenth time. I'm not saying we should relinquish our free speech; but I am saying we would be better off if some of these folks would relinquish their stupidity.
your comments will get ignored regardless of what you're trying to say .

they will use the same words and sentences in each and every post and reply they make .

either way sis , thanks for standing up for what you believe in . thank you.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Freedom is a double-edged sword, however.

We HAVE to allow for the idiots in order for the non-idiots to speak.

Our rights don't protect the wise, the polite, the noble or the sage and austere speaker. That kind of speaker doesn't require protection.

Our rights protect the rude, vulgar, idiotic, opinionated speaker.

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Like all the rioters and looters in balitmore and ferguson.......

Just saying....

THe double standards need to stop.....

The issue isnt bigotry, bigotry will always exist, jerks, A$$holes, pricks, dirtbags......will always exist....

The issue is the response.......

Personal accountability............

If someone offends me I dont have the right to kill them......

Again I dont agree with what these guys are doing, and I wouldnt take part........but they still have the right to do it..

If you cant stand on principle that these people have a 2nd amendment right to do this, but then get upset whenever someone elses second amendment right whose opinion you agree with is shut down, then you are NOT standing on principles you are just pushing your own ideology....

Perfectly said. However, I think you meant 1st Amendment, not 2nd Amendment.

link   
a reply to: Mugly

No the movie theaters refused to play it,so it was released on DVD and had success not because it was a good movie but because of the principal. Sorry American aren't weak maybe the ones you hang out with, come on down to Texas .

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

In June 2014, the North Korean government threatened merciless action against the United States if the film's distributor, Columbia Pictures, went ahead with the release. Columbia delayed the release from October 10 to December 25, and reportedly edited the film to make it more acceptable to North Korea

my definition of immediate is well, immediate. ^^the movie was shelved for more than 2 months and when it was released, it was toned down. at least the final death scene was.

On December 17, after a number of major North American cinema chains canceled screenings in the interest of safety, Sony canceled the theatrical release of The Interview

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join