It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least Two Subway Riders Have Been Arrested for Man-Spreading

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Wedge issues only benefit the PTB because we expend our energies fighting with each other instead of safeguarding our freedoms from the ever encroaching Big Brother/Police State/Nanny State.
edit on 5/29/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

And that's probably the driving force behind any media coverage that does these non issues stories. Or what should be non issues.

Keep us busy fighting among ourselves.

~Tenth

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

web.mta.info...

I see, this is a case of subway etiquette. And people can get arrested for it. At night in an almost empty train.

I've changed my mind, it's Murrica's fault.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

You really misunderstood my post if that's your takeaway. No being rude most definitely not limited to men.

Then again ... I ask, "Why is the ban on manspreading specifically, and not just spreading in general?"

If the law doesn't cite it, then why do all the promos cite it?
edit on 29-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

How does the Chief at the station justify this nonsense...would love to see the next shift change after this hit the news...once again, a waste of taxpayer dollars...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm going to sit how i sit.
If someone ever gave me a hard time about it. I'd tell them right where to go.
Having a protruding package requires that i don't sit with my legs closed or it's very uncomfortable, also because i'm a bit larger. NYC seems to be full of crap.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm a human being and I take up space.

I am not going to apologize for my being alive and being male. I am not going to make concessions about how large of a space I occupy. If someone has a problem with how much room I am taking up, that is their own problem for them to deal/work out.

What others feel, say and do is a projection of their own reality. People have the ability to choose their emotional states by changing their thoughts. If they choose to exercise poor mental control over themselves, that is none of my concern.

You're pissed at me for sitting wit my legs open? Ok, whatever. You're entitled to feel however you want, but I'm not going to take it personally.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
I think the people who say they have nothing to hide or worry about so it's ok for the police to abuse their powers on criminals should be made to read these threads..it can happen to anyone.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My GOD!!! What is this world coming too..... When I read stories like this it feels like I leaped into another universe !!!

1'st there is no such thing as Man-Spreading!!! It fu@ing called sitting, we don't need fu@ing word terms and laws for how men sit!

The feminist are becoming like those mouthy women in a hair salon.... I think it's time we arrest those women for giving us men PTSD for talking nonsense and creating stupid laws!

F@CK New York and their stupid feminist!!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
NY sounds like such a lovely place.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Its not a feminist thing. Obviously some women with absurd ideas about what being a feminist means and what is misogynist took up the issue, but man spreading is just a lack of manners and certainly not the only infraction committed on public transportation... Criminalizing such is just as absurd and seemingly just another way for the police to attack and extract wealth from the people, especially minorities... Cuz who cares what happens to them (sarcasm)?

So men are the only ones who take up space? I think women are just as capable of taking up more than their share of space.

The only gender-specific thing about it is the name of it. If a woman did it, it would still be called "manspreading". Maybe we should just rename it to "rude spreading" and people wouldn't be so confused.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How about using the more appropriate question? Why the # is it even a law?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack We'll all be criminals soon.

A very wise man by the name of Frank Zappa came up with the concept of "Total criminalization" way back in 1979 on his album Joe's Garage. The idea was that if you made everything illegal control would be a piece of cake. Like Brave New World and 1984 it seems the PTB may have borrowed some of their playbook from Frank Zappa as well. An idea that I'm sure would make him barf in his grave. No turning in his grave, that would be too typical for the man.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Man-spreading. Really!

They have gone mad there it seems.

edit on 5/29/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
how else are men suppose to sit? legs crossed? fully closed legs?, do these people calling it "man-spreading" even realize how uncomfortable it is to sit in 1 of those ways mentioned above?.

it is pretty much physically impossible to sit like for a long period of time, not only for the obvious reason, but also because you will most likely cramp your thigh muscles, I don't know about other men but if I try to sit like that for more than a few mins my leg muscles will not be very happy.

simply absurd this is even a "law".

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

FIRST: Don't regulate how I seem, or sit, or act, or think.... Regulate when I hurt someone else...

If you think I am sitting so Giant balled that I feel I have given up all human decency by trying to not crush my own balls in an act of "spreading my legs" that at this point at human life... Is it rude for me to take up 3 feet spread with my 2 feet??

I thought personal space and feelings were taught in kindergarten.

I'll let this cat out early. Guys don't sit just to project power.. We aren't messing with our junk to make you look at us mess with our junk. There is a big difference from giving yourself man space, than, from taking over public space on a bus or a train or whatever..

BUT..

We are becoming endangered..
If you want us to have man skills at all, you have to stop making it illegal, to cuddle with you, and also at the same time protect you from any monsters(humans)...

Men are mainly the power input into humanity.. Take that down a notch women cause then you get more power right?????

Or do we let men hold physical prowess? (anyone un blind knows men are stronger than women)..

Is it ok that I can kill almost anyone of 'you' (I speak at girls, though we really are the same dude..) with my bare hands?? No it's not fair.. It's the entire reason society exists... Strong man, meet other Strong man.. Slowly this will shift out of the hands of physical body power.. When things are more safe... When dangers are more mental than physical...

It will almost be a little funny being a handicapped man at that point... Physical power will matter little, and women will have the earth..

Then it will be about mens rights issues, because even though we aren't as smart we still deserve the same brain.. We are "just as good as you" you just can't see how good we are at organizing things.. We are so good at planning.... All the behind stuff and you women just never see it.. ahhh... Men we are JUST the husbands in the relationship...

I can tell any women here TWO things.

1) Dudes spread their legs when they sit.. It really has ZERO to do with you, but I can understand if you seeing us as "muscular" could be offensive... (I can see thinking someone was showing off if I didn't have the same ability).. Anyone can spread their legs..... It's an offensive position to take on a public train because it is "claiming space." I'll tell you right now it is NATURAL for a guy to want to sit in this manner...

2) Guys are supposed to fight other guys and take over land and protect you. This is our natural attitude towards other guys. We aren't catty or doggy about it. Most guys will never talk about it once in their lives.. I have to tell you though that I always know in a room who are the alphas and who think they are.

If he's acting like the idiot trying to grab 3 seats all on his own than whatever don't even bring this to my attention..

If this is actually some problem I think now is a great time to discuss men and woman.

edit on 29-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, unless all the sensitive ladies want to see me put my hand down my pants to hold my balls up from getting squished every time I take a seat, I will have to stick to "manspreading".

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So just to be clear... manspreading is:

Not this:

We get that you don't want to squish your bits.

This:

Isn't necessary unless you have chlamydia.

And look! Women do it too! It's called womanspreading:

Obviously not a big deal if your on a bus/train that has more seats than people but it becomes rude when it's crowded and yes it happens all too frequently when it's crowded.

Now can we stop using this as a bludgeon to beat up feminism over some mentally ill women that speak in the name of it and get back to how outrageous it is to arrest someone for being rude!?!?!?!?!?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

edit on 29-5-2015 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So ... wait. You're saying my husband could be arrested in New York for packing along his backpack that has his work laptop and various other accoutrements needed to get both him and our son to his job and our son's daycare? It's not a small pack.

And they'd do it because he's oppressing me?

Meanwhile, I carry a fairly petite little bag because I have always hated the concept of the purse.

Remind me never, ever to move to New York. That's beyond stupid.

It has nothing to do with his carry on items. They are talking about how men spread their knees while sitting. They consider it an alpha behavior. Which it can be, but it is also healthy body language. And It is good for their reproductive health as well. I have no idea who decided to make an issue of this but I can tell you they should worry less about man spreading and worry more about which orifice their head is stuck in.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

That was hysterical. I normally reserve myself to reading through the thread, then responding, but I couldn't hold back this time...

My wife doesn't carry a purse/bag. If it doesn't fit in her pockets, she doesn't carry it. Hell, I carry more than she does. But I'm a stay-at-home-dad right now, so I have stuff for the little dude with me.

I'd ask how my family fits into the patriarchy of society, but I'd hate to "manterrogate" the author of that article.

Edit to add: Thanks for the explanation. So much funnier than I expected. I'll show my wife tomorrow. She'll get a kick out of it too.
edit on 5/29/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo. Added additional response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join