It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Jews, and Muslims: Why Do You Worship An Egyptian God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Read the writing of Amun. This guy is definately more arrogant than all the other deities combined. He will remain hidden while the whole population of earth worships other deities "In his name".
What do you guys think the "Holy Trinity" is? It's the 3 major religions in the world that worship Amun-ra without even realizing it. Do you think your leaders are going to tell you this? Do you seriously believe they are going to "Disclose" to you in which deity all of the Abrahamic religions are based? Oh they know! that's what they got the signs all over the place.

Did you know that Amun is represented and worshiped through the divine disk? That's right you know which one I'm talking about, the one used by Nato, US Force, and others.

Do you guys really believe that these so called Gods with extraterrestrial lineage that walked, breathed, and ate, on this planet for millenia where just going to go away and dissapear?? NO THEY ARE HERE.

Do you really think that these so called gods depicted with animal heads in egyptian walls where the supreme creators of the universe, and of everything? No they are not. The egyptian people who lived before Amun 22nd century B.C. didn't think so either, in fact they only saw them as top bosses of even the Pharaohs, they knew they walked, ate, and most importantly they knew they died. They just knew they were from a higher quality cut of meat, and their knowledge was supreme compared to men. They didn't see them as the creators of the Universe and everything in it, until.... Amun came in the 21st century B.C.

The egyptian empire had what we call today Israel and Palestine under their "territory" for millenia, until Darius I Approx. 500 B.C.
Jacob and his sons knew full well who the Egyptians worshipped, they were neighbours.

Do you guys really believe that after Joseph received the ring from Pharaoh he was going to let him worship whatever he wanted? No Joseph converted to Egyptian faith, and then his whole family did as well. Egypt worshipped Amun-Ra.

But, I guess it really comes down to this: Do you guys really believe that the egyptian empire would let approx. 600 thousand of their slaves who were their slaves for 400 years!!!!!! 400!!! escape and worship another god other than what was being worshiped in Egypt (Amun)? No this is a made up fantasy, Egypt was the most advanced country on earth at that time, their entire wealth was mostly based on slavery, letting all those slaves go would be like letting your empire go from 100 to 0. It never happened.

We are not talking about kings and successions which is man talk for the gods of ancient Egypt.

We are talking Godship and supreme control of this planet, including its Kings, Pharaohs and rulers.

Amun was not going to go away he expanded his empire to London England, Washington D.C. the Vatican, and middle east under the control of this guy called Amun. The obelisks represent the Phallus of Amun-Ra his supreme power to create without the need of a vagina, just the phallus.

The writings about Amun are clear. He was going to remain hidden, and his name was going to be unknown to the world. However I understand some people don't want to read. So instead of giving you links, and letting you read pages upon pages of information as to why Amun is the God worshiped by the trinity today. How about I just tell you the signs on my next post, and you can confirm for yourself.

edit on 30-5-2015 by bartholomeo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: bartholomeo

It's very lazy and doesn't have any meat.

But maybe some are hungrier for one liners followed by being told to do their own research in subsequent posts, than I am.

If you just came to read the news, buy the paper, or go to the news forum.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthLover557

I'm trying to wake people up! and that includes you. However I'm not your baby sitter to spoon feed you the information; so stop, think, and answer the original OP question. Here I'll throw you a bone. Why is there obelisks in the Vatican, London, and Washington?

Hey, wow, okay. Check your ego at the login screen next time and try to drop your habit of patronizing others. I already stopped, thought, and answered your OP (rhetorical) question. You responded by making a snide remark about my intellect. Fine. No hard feelings. I replied with a couple honest questions, which you refuse to even acknowledge, and you tell me you're not my babysitter and, like a dog, I need you to throw me a bone?!?!

No. That's rude and incredibly off-putting.

I am a WIDE AWAKE 29-year-old woman and I OFFICIALLY OPT OUT of all your lessons and lectures from this moment forward. You are not my teacher and I am not your student. You are not my master and you are not my babysitter. The fact that you see yourself as such will be your undoing. Good day, sir.

Thanks for your highly scholarly info. It was essential to the topic at hand. You will be missed. Amen-Ra will bless you greatly.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Except the word Amen is Old English from the Latin amen, from the Ecclesiastical Greek amen, from the Hebrew word amen that is used adverbiablly as an expression of deep agreement. The Hebrew comes from the Semitic root a-m-n which means, "to be trustworthy, confirm, support."

Source: www.etymonline.com...

Simply has nothing to do with Amen, Amon, Amun, Ammon and Amounra. As you can see his named is spelled various ways, and there are no scholarly articles that support your claim.

An info warrior named Klassified put up an article on the first of this page that you probably missed, and that article supports my claim.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Hey man, I'm just saying I thought it was a weak OP and such.

I thought this post would have made a nice and interesting OP. Now you've got me a little more interested.

Here's hoping you're into this metal:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: JUhrman

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: JUhrman

Wait a minute...are you saying that these gods from different cultures have comparable attributes and could be compared to each other?

/thread derailment

In that case, Germanic Gods have been Romanized by the Roman conquest, so it's exactly like I explained in my posts; similarities ad posteriori, after cultural domination.

Your claim that most/all gods from the cultures of the Mediterranean basin are inspired and borrowed from a predating common pantheon is unsubstantiated though.

It's like saying the Germanic gods were originally similar to Roman gods, which they weren't

what about enki/enlil? my understanding is that the sumerian/sanskrit mythos provided a great deal of inspiration for subsequent pantheons.

Thanks for your question. You are a minority, you inquire and question, just like a genius.

All these deities mentioned in Sitchin's work were worshipped as Gods, but not in the sense of monotheistic Gods, but as one of many Gods who lived here on earth. However it doesn't matter now because most of them left about 4000+ years ago after the nuking of sodom and gomorah; which by the way was a great portion of the middle East, not just 1 or 2 cities, and they didn't nuke them because the people were wicked, Ninurta was trying to kill Marduk, and he unleashed the nukes throughout the middle East, the radiation apparently reached all of Europe and Africa killing people he didn't want to kill. Enlil, Ninurta, Enki, Ningizida, Shamash, all left, and they didn't want the Rebellious Marduk to come back to Nibiru, so they Nuked the Sinai Space port as well. Marduk knew full well that his chances of becoming a ruler of his home planet were next to none, but he knew that if he stayed he'd have most of planet earth to himself. Apparently Inana which is an Enlilite stayed here as well, and is probably the only one in Marduk's way to become the supreme God of the whole planet.

And you guessed it right! Marduk was originally RA the sun god, and when he was RA there were other gods in the world just like him, there were 114 GODS JUST IN EGYPT and that we know of, but when the other Annunaki left, he was going to be the only one whom the people would worship anyway. So he declared himself the ultimate creator of all, and it makes sense, I mean most guys would probably have done the same, when you got no competition, you get a monopoly on the market. He did this in the 21st century B.C. with his new name Amun, and he mixed it with his old name RA, and became Amun-Ra.

Ever since he has been the supreme God of most of the planet, Zeus, Yhweh, Allah.

I'm still waiting for another a few questions for those who can't wrap themselves around this. Like the Jesus question that doens't let you think outside the box.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Hey man, I'm just saying I thought it was a weak OP and such.

I thought this post would have made a nice and interesting OP. Now you've got me a little more interested.

Here's hoping you're into this metal:

Hey thanks man, that is a great album, it takes more than one listen to really grow on you though. Yeah next time I'll put more beef into the OP.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Ok the issue is that source has nothing to do with the etymology of the Hebrew word "Amen". You are claiming the word originated for the Egyptians. So a semitic root is normally a trilateral root meaning its made of three consonants. A root is what is left when all affixes have been removed from a word. An example in Hebrew and Arabic the trilateral root k-t-b has an overall meaning of "to write." Now lets say we wanted to say "he wrote" we would write katab. "He writes" would be yaktubu. In the same way Amen is derived from the root a-m-n which means trustworthy. I get that because you thought you found some great joke to throw at Christians you want to cling to this as though it is fact, but it simply is not. Amen in Hebrew and English doesn't originate from any of the spellings of Amen-ra. It originates from its root.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The writings about Amun are clear. He was going to remain hidden, and his name was going to be unknown to the world. However I understand some people don't want to read. So instead of giving you links, and letting you read pages upon pages of information as to why Amun is the God worshiped by the trinity today. How about I just tell you the signs on my next post, and you can confirm for yourself.

In the book of "Osirus and The Egyptian Resurrection" - Vol 1, 2 - By E.A. Wallis Budge-
Many references are made to the deity Amen which is too lengthy to show here. From this perspective Amen was an ancestral deity and not in any way way an overpowering god.

Volume one
"The only possible deduction which we can make from these facts is, it seems to me, that the god of the XVIIIth dynasty was to Egypt, to all intents and purposes, what the king was under the IVth, Vth, and Vlth dynasties, in fact, that the god was only a somewhat glorified form of the ancestor whose descendants and subjects had exalted his spirit to the position of protector of his people. Amen of Thebes, Horus of Edfu, Menthu of Hermonthis, Osiris of Abydos, Heru-shefit of Herakleopolis, Ptah of Memphis, Temu of Heliopolis, the goddess Bast of Bubastis, the goddess Neith of Sais, etc., were all worshipped as the spirits of ancestors were worshipped, and all were, I believe, originally deified ancestors."
Unquote

Volume two
"The & quot; gods," e.g., Ra, Amen, Ptah, Khnemu, etc., were beings to revere and propitiate when necessary, but none of them ever really occupied in their minds the position of Osiris, King and Judge of the dead. The priests of Amen attempted to force their dogma of the sovereignty of their god over the dead into the minds of the people,but they failed, and the cult of Osiris flourished centuries after they had passed away."
Unquote

From what I understand the deity Amen is not referenced as Amun and is not not connected by Egyptologists I don't understand how you come to the understanding of this god being continued to flourish as you postulate.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Do you guys really believe that after Joseph received the ring from Pharaoh he was going to let him worship whatever he wanted? No Joseph converted to Egyptian faith, and then his whole family did as well. Egypt worshipped Amun-Ra. But, I guess it really comes down to this: Do you guys really believe that the egyptian empire would let approx. 600 thousand of their slaves who were their slaves for 400 years!!!!!! 400!!! escape and worship another god other than what was being worshiped in Egypt (Amun)? No this is a made up fantasy, Egypt was the most advanced country on earth at that time, their entire wealth was mostly based on slavery, letting all those slaves go would be like letting your empire go from 100 to 0. It never happened.

As was shown in my above post, there were many gods in the era of Egyptian history and in the era of Joseph it was accepted practice that many gods flourished in Egypt. Joseph's God was no exception. The Pharaoh did not force a national god upon the subjects and I cannot understand why you insist that it was otherwise. There is no indication that Joseph abandoned the God of his tribe and in fact there is much evidence in the biblical account contrary to that.

I also understand the 400 years enslavement misunderstanding. That is nowhere the biblical fact. According to the Jewish Timeline Encyclopedia, Jacob's tribe entered Egypt in 2238 after creation (1523 BCE) and left Egypt 2448 after Adam (1313 BCE) but all of those 210 years (not 400) in Egypt were not spent in slavery. In fact enslavement did not begin till 2332 after Adam (1429 BCE). So there was about a six year love fest before slavery.

Another biblical fact is that Jacob's people were not the only slaves. In Egyptology there is much evidence that slaves were from all avenues of the conquered including Egyptians themselves. The numbers are actually unknown but based upon between 66 to 75 Hebrews that were counted as entering Egypt we do not know the number that left Egypt. One reason is that some Hebrews from the various tribes had migrated out of Egypt before the Exodus account and there is evidence that some remained in Egypt with their families of mixed Egyptian and Hebrew stock. So the variants prevent a definite count. The rest is simply guessing.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Ok the issue is that source has nothing to do with the etymology of the Hebrew word "Amen". You are claiming the word originated for the Egyptians. So a semitic root is normally a trilateral root meaning its made of three consonants. A root is what is left when all affixes have been removed from a word. An example in Hebrew and Arabic the trilateral root k-t-b has an overall meaning of "to write." Now lets say we wanted to say "he wrote" we would write katab. "He writes" would be yaktubu. In the same way Amen is derived from the root a-m-n which means trustworthy. I get that because you thought you found some great joke to throw at Christians you want to cling to this as though it is fact, but it simply is not. Amen in Hebrew and English doesn't originate from any of the spellings of Amen-ra. It originates from its root.

I totally understand where you are coming from; however as a previous member stated: How about everybody starts ending their prayers with "so be it" just to be on the safe side.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Do you guys really believe that after Joseph received the ring from Pharaoh he was going to let him worship whatever he wanted? No Joseph converted to Egyptian faith, and then his whole family did as well. Egypt worshipped Amun-Ra. But, I guess it really comes down to this: Do you guys really believe that the egyptian empire would let approx. 600 thousand of their slaves who were their slaves for 400 years!!!!!! 400!!! escape and worship another god other than what was being worshiped in Egypt (Amun)? No this is a made up fantasy, Egypt was the most advanced country on earth at that time, their entire wealth was mostly based on slavery, letting all those slaves go would be like letting your empire go from 100 to 0. It never happened.

As was shown in my above post, there were many gods in the era of Egyptian history and in the era of Joseph it was accepted practice that many gods flourished in Egypt. Joseph's God was no exception. The Pharaoh did not force a national god upon the subjects and I cannot understand why you insist that it was otherwise. There is no indication that Joseph abandoned the God of his tribe and in fact there is much evidence in the biblical account contrary to that.

I also understand the 400 years enslavement misunderstanding. That is nowhere the biblical fact. According to the Jewish Timeline Encyclopedia, Jacob's tribe entered Egypt in 2238 after creation (1523 BCE) and left Egypt 2448 after Adam (1313 BCE) but all of those 210 years (not 400) in Egypt were not spent in slavery. In fact enslavement did not begin till 2332 after Adam (1429 BCE). So there was about a six year love fest before slavery.

Another biblical fact is that Jacob's people were not the only slaves. In Egyptology there is much evidence that slaves were from all avenues of the conquered including Egyptians themselves. The numbers are actually unknown but based upon between 66 to 75 Hebrews that were counted as entering Egypt we do not know the number that left Egypt. One reason is that some Hebrews from the various tribes had migrated out of Egypt before the Exodus account and there is evidence that some remained in Egypt with their families of mixed Egyptian and Hebrew stock. So the variants prevent a definite count. The rest is simply guessing.

Thanks for the reference to the book. I ended up reading the beginning of it at amazon. The thing to remember here is that Egyptian and Hebrew don't have vowels so the spelling would be something like this AM'N so literally the same.

I totally understand that you believe that just because all these new names of new deities have come up since the 21st dynasty that we have nothing to do with Amen-Ra. However; I urge you to examine the name once again "that which cannot be seen" in other words "hidden" Ra is "Ray", but the important one is Amen.

There is no more deities to choose from anymore like there was in the past, as I explained before most of the extraterrestrial gods that battle for territory are gone, the only ones left are Inanna which is probably controlling India, China, Japan, NK, through the buddism, Hinduism, etc... and Marduk controlling the rest of the world which is the grand majority.

This means that the ancient people who kept their ancient religions of worshiping Shamash (Saturn) Pta (Enki) Toth (Ningizzida) later known as Quetzalcoatl, Zeus, and still worship those gods today are all wasting their time, those ancient gods are not here anymore, even the ocultists that worship baphomet or whatever his name is, are worshiping deities that are no longer here.

In layman's terms this means: The name of the deity may change, but the deity remains the same. Marduk is the one who was building a space port in 3000 B.C. which is called the tower of babel in the bible, and which is my sig. A space port in 3000 B.C.?! even I think that those people were not ready for such technology. And Marduk is still here today helping us build space ports.

I hope you see the signs, they are not hard to miss, obelisks, winged disks, triangle, an eye or eyes, horns, bull, sun rays, and most importantly anything that has to do with hidden, represents Amen-Ra. The signs are all over the place, it doesn't matter if its the muslim, christian, or jewish world.

I wasn't going to give any links because I know most people don't read, but I believe you'll take the time to read 2 pages of info.

www.wisdomworld.org...

The Papyrus of Nesi-Khonsu, a Priestess of Amen-Ra. Here is a more complete description of the deity by his own priestess. www.touregypt.net...

Thanks for clarifying the part about the slaves in Egypt. That was something I didn't know and now that you put it that way it makes perfect sense. Althogh I didn't get the part about the 6 year love fest.

One of the most important teachings that the Holy Trinity (Judaism, Christianity, and Muslims) has inherited from egyptian worship is the belief in a life after death, in fact this is the single most important piece of evidence that proves we are all part of the egyptian religion. We believe in a life after death. This is the elephant in the room and nobody knows it's there.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Lol because saying the same thing in Hebrew is no different...its like saying Hello or Hola or Konichiwa they all mean the same things just different languages....

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Amen doesn't seem arrogant based on his hymn:

HAIL to thee, Amun-Ra, Lord of the thrones of the earth,
the oldest existence, ancient of heaven, support of all things;

Chief of the gods, lord of truth; father of the gods, maker of men and beasts and herbs;
maker of all things above and below;

Deliverer of the sufferer and oppressed, judging the poor;
Lord of wisdom, lord of mercy; most loving, opener of every eye,
source of joy, in whose goodness the gods rejoice, thou whose name is hidden.

Thou art the one, maker of all that is, the one; the only one;
maker of gods and men; giving food to all.
Hail to thee, thou one with many heads;
sleepless when all others sleep, adoration to thee.
Hail to thee from all creatures from every land,
from the height of heaven, from the depth of the sea.

The spirits thou hast made extol thee, saying,
welcome to thee, father of the fathers of the gods;
we worship thy spirit which is in us.

Love, mercy, deliverer of the oppressed and those who suffer; doesn't soun arrogant to me.

It seems like the Egyptians were discovering monotheism. First, he was "King of The gods", which later became monotheism. By Christians, the "gods" were called "angels" or "demons" (depending on whether or not they served The King of Heaven), while The King of Heaven who was The Creator of Heaven and Earth, was called "The One True God".

How is Amen evil or arrogant? It's starting to seem like the Ancient Egyptians were discovering monotheism and calling the one God, "Amen".

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

you mean "buying" monotheism.
edit on 3-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

maker of all that is, maker of gods and men, father of the fathers of the gods;

That sounds a bit tall to me.

And this sounds a bit creepy: thou one with many heads,

Other than that, sounds like your typical all powerful, all merciful, answerer of all prayers, type of god. Hey at least we got him and not Enlil, otherwise we'd be in the flinstones era.
edit on 5-6-2015 by bartholomeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Except, most people don't believe in the all merciful God, they believe in the "god" of judgment, wrath, and vengeance. Many people see Forgiveness/Mercy as a weakness.

A Pure God of Mercy who is vengeful is a contradiction.

Some believe God is forgiving, but needed someone to die first before forgiving. Or that God is forgiving, but will not forgive the majority and will torture them endlessly/forever, but none of that represents being an the actual God/Lord of Mercy - all merciful.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

“Amen” could be related to “omen”. Considering amen is usually said following prayer, it might be a confirmation of prophecy. For example, “I pray for good health upon my mother, amen” and by the grace of God she is healed of her affliction; hence prophecy. Now consider the word “amora”, which looks very similar to “Amun-Ra”, and appears to be related to the mulberry fruit (pronounced as “tut” in Hebrew, and thus note Tutankhamen). Then there's “Amoraim”, meaning “those who speak over the people”. As such, I have to wonder if amen can, in certain contexts, mean “to speak in tongues” and where it is applied as a personal title it could refer to somebody of authority whom possesses the gift of prophecy (such as Amun-Ra).

edit on 17th June 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join