It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Jews, and Muslims: Why Do You Worship An Egyptian God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Amen was an egyptian God with extraterrestrial lineage. What are you guys doing saying his name everytime you end your prayers?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It is the final word in the Christian Bible.
I never understood that even as a young child.

edit on 29-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bartholomeo

Too add:

Christians, Jews, Muslims.... Just keep your religion to yourself and stop causing s**t all over the world in the name of your religion.

EDIT: To stay on topic... I always assumed it meant 'peace' or something.
edit on 29-5-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bartholomeo
Amen was an egyptian God with extraterrestrial lineage. What are you guys doing saying his name everytime you end your prayers?
It is NOT Egyptian. Amen The Egyptian you are thinking of is Amun and that is just the pronunciation. Nothing to do with amen.
edit on 29-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think you know full and well they don't.

Next time, resist the pointless rhetorical question.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: bartholomeo

Too add:

Christians, Jews, Muslims.... Just keep your religion to yourself and stop causing s**t all over the world in the name of your religion.

EDIT: To stay on topic... I always assumed it meant 'peace' or something.

It is an affirmation ie: so be it, truly, verily.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
A quick Google search would have prevented you from sounding like an a**hat.

The word amen (/ˌɑːˈmɛn/ or /ˌeɪˈmɛn/; Hebrew: אָמֵן, Modern amen, Tiberian ʾāmēn; Greek: ἀμήν; Arabic: آمين‎‎, ʾāmīn ; "So be it; truly") is a declaration of affirmation[1][2] found in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament. Its use in Judaism dates back to its earliest texts.[3] It has been generally adopted in Christian worship as a concluding word for prayers and hymns.[2] In Islam, it is the standard ending to Dua (supplication). Common English translations of the word amen include "verily" and "truly". It can also be used colloquially to express strong agreement,[2] as in, for instance, amen to that.[4]

Amen - Wiki

And yes, reldra was 100% correct. Amun is the Egyptian god, not Amen.

Amun - Wiki

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Someone feels dumb

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Why do you worship Roman and Germanic gods ?

Each time you say Tuesday you worship Tiw/Mars

Each time you say Wednesday you worship Wodan/Mercury

Each time you say Thursday you worship Thor/Jupiter

Each time you say Friday you worship Frig/Venus

Each time you say Saturday you worship Saturn

Stop worshipping Roman/Germanic gods

edit on 29-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is NOT Egyptian. Amen The Egyptian you are thinking of is Amun and that is just the pronunciation. Nothing to do with amen.

Language is all spell ing and curse ive and the meanings of words stand on all their etymologies including via sounding similar and syllables. Its also a type of code that elites use to converse messages back and forth in language over our heads. Intention of heart is a good thing and to denounce all codes in your words. Also just seeing through their BS neutralizes it. Spell misfires.

However, if they use amen to mean, so be it, then why not say, "so be it". I end prayers or heart to heart talks with Source, Higher Self, Highest Love and Goodness with "thank You!"
edit on 29-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Erm... Don't all gods have extraterrestrial lineages? After all, none of them originated on earth right? Spiritual or otherwise.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
After all, none of them originated on earth right? Spiritual or otherwise.

This is incorrect. Many gods were "born" on earth after its creation in their own cosmogony.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Well damn. That's a good point.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The OP is correct in that Amen is an alternate spelling for Amon and Amun(Possibly even primary). An example being Amen-Ra. A simple google would have shown this to anyone interested in actually looking, instead of blasting the OP. Look up "Amen and Ament". Or Amen-Ra.
edit on 5/29/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Getting bad in here isn't it!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
Indeed.
Encyclopedia of Ancient Deities

More at the link.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
The OP is correct in that Amen is an alternate spelling for Amon and Amun(Possibly even primary). An example being Amen-Ra. A simple google would have shown this to anyone interested in actually looking, instead of blasting the OP. Look up "Amen and Ament". Or Amen-Ra.

Alternate spelling or not, the OP is just grasping at straws to push a mute point against Christians and the such. He is not correct by no means.
I'm not religous, but I don't like disinfo. Just because the word sounds, or in some far out case it's spelled the same does not means it's the same word. The bible is obviously refering to the Hebrew translation of amen. The Hebrews and Egyptians have a long history together so it's not unherd of that the languages will blend at times.

Just like when a Christian says "Praise Jesus" it's completly obvious they are not praising the below gentleman...

So yes, if the OP wants to try to blast folks with a stretch on word play, he can receive some blasting back.

edit on 5 29 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 29 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: I can't spell. Don't judge me.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Your link is one example of how Wiki fails miserably at times.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich
Then blast the OP with truth and facts. Not confirmation bias and BS. Also, read my second post. Amen was an Egyptian deity. That the Hebrews may have had a long history with the Egyptians actually lends credence to what the OP says.

I do understand that Jews, Christians, and Islam use the word differently, but that doesn't change its origins.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich
Then blast the OP with truth and facts. Not confirmation bias and BS. Also, read my second post. Amen was an Egyptian deity. That the Hebrews may have had a long history with the Egyptians actually lends credence to what the OP says.

I do understand that Jews, Christians, and Islam use the word differently, but that doesn't change its origins.

A words origin, or a differnet origin of a word with the same spelling, does not change its context in which it's used. Especially a word that has been used in a certian context for 2000+ years and some yahoo comes along with some hurr durr BS trying to make a fool out of people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join