It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minister Jailed and Fined Over Gay Marriage! (Jail reduced to Probation)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

This is an example of small government though right?

The man is on probation for marrying some one...Pretty sad if you ask me.

Had she not done it right there in the courthouse in full view of officials who told her there was a moratorium ... I'm guessing no one would have taken legal measures.

Basically, she did it with the idea that this would happen. Had she conducted the ceremony privately I don't think anyone would have cared or persecuted her for it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
2. Non-denominationals are Christians. AKA "full gospel" rather than Baptist or Catholic, etc.

This is not true. There ARE nondenominational Christians, but there are those who are strictly nondenominational.

A non-denominational person or organization is not restricted to any particular or specific religious denomination. The term has been used in the context of various faiths including Jainism,[1] Baha'i Faith,[2] Zoroastrianism,[3] Unitarian Universalism,[4] Islam,[5] paganism,[6] Christianity,[7] Judaism,[8] Hinduism,[9] Buddhism[10] and Wicca.[11] It stands in contrast with a religious denomination.

Source

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Actually, she's Unitarian. They've been pro-gay marriage for a while which is their call to make, so she was acting as an activist in this capacity.

She was not arrested for being Christian.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Actually, she's Unitarian.

How do you know this? Various sources report differently, I see...

She was not arrested for being Christian.

I know that.
edit on 5/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

According to reports, DiPrizio, a Unitarian minister, offered to marry a lesbian couple on Feb. 10 in the Autauga County Probate Office and wouldn't leave the office when asked by probate office officials.

Information posted previously in the thread.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Anyhow, the OP should note that you can't be persecuted for your religion if you aren't being arrested for it.

Sure she is a Unitarian conducting a wedding ceremony, but she's acting as an activist and not as Christian primarily. They did arrest her over her beliefs primarily. Had she conducted the same ceremony in her church in front of her congregation, no one from the state would have broken in and arrested her. And Unitarians have been conducting such ceremonies for a while now with no mass arrests from the state. There just hasn't been state legal recognition.

Basically, it's like saying the Christians who marched or sat in for Civil Rights in the '60s and got arrested were being persecuted for being Christian.

When Christians say they are being persecuted for their faith on the other side, it's because they want to live according to their faith, not just practice it inside the church. In order to do that, for some it means the belief of man/woman marriage and being forced to participate personally in something that mocks that belief is sacrilegious. It's not about others who do this on their own. It's about others who do this and force us to take part ourselves. And when force of law is used, then yes, we call it persecution. We are being legally penalized for our beliefs.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Information posted previously in the thread.

So, someone in the thread said it (without a source) and that's your source?

Unitarians can be Christian, Jews, etc.

There is no information I've seen that indicates this minister is a Unitarian Christian.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Sure she is a Unitarian conducting a wedding ceremony, but she's acting as an activist and not as Christian primarily.

And Christian bakers refusing to sell a cake or cater a gay wedding with pizza aren't acting as activists? SERIOUSLY???

When Christians say they are being persecuted for their faith on the other side, it's because they want to live according to their faith, not just practice it inside the church.

So, when Christians do it, it's because of their religion, and when others act according to their beliefs, it's "activism". I see...

We are being legally penalized for our beliefs.

"You" are being penalized for ACTIONS. You are free to BELIEVE anything you want.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Didn't you know only religious Christians are entitled to freedom, the rest are breaking gods laws which were written by a man. Maybe I am wrong, which commandment was "Thou shalt not be a Fag".

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That could actually be said about most places in the US.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

This is an example of small government though right?

The man is on probation for marrying some one...Pretty sad if you ask me.

She' went to jail because she thought she was special and/or was off her lid and thought the thing was a conspiracy. Special snow flakes get to do what they want or your a homophobe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join