It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

China Warns of WW3 Unless US Backs Down

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:15 AM
a reply to: Phage

AND it isn't allowed these days.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:46 AM

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: criticalhit

Apparently their expansion is FINE with you and WE are the aggressors.
WE aren't dropping hardware in some area and claim it as American territory we have treaties that require servicing and sinking a US carrier in war isa hell of a lot more difficult than we know.

Apparently you missed all of these facts as well as we are already positioning to confront them by ignoring the NEW territorial expansion and patroliling it.
ALSO in case you missed it WE AREN'T threatining THEM we have authorizarion to fly in those areas as well as vistit ports there FROM the former who are quite happy they would be speaking Chinese next year.

Well yeah, that kind of sums it up. Their expansion is fine with me and we are the aggressors.

I don't think our treaties even begin to address "the building of islands" the Chinese aren't attacking anyone and it's not that hard to sink a carrier anymore, it's a very iffy location to use a Battlegroup in against unprecedented capacity.

I'm not sure some of these "treaties" don't need some rethinking anyway, frankly I spend a lot of time on the computer chatting in Asia and let me assure you, the people in question outside Taiwan particularly the Vietnamese aren't so "free" women in much of China are essentially living modern western lives in Vietnam a lot of them are afraid to speak get raped a lot and just want to gtfo and the Phillipines isn't much better and honestly are real friends Japan and Korea and maybe even China if "played right" they aren't anxious for the spread of Islam, these are rational modern governments today and much of SE Asia if you want to talk human rights, advancement and progress are backwards as hell and have nothing in common with us they are our allies because we are kind of psycho and "kill the competition" so we restrain China which is a policy outdated and useless and costly while supporting much worse systems to do it...

What's in it for us? Supporting the Philippines and Vietnam? Oil? We certainly have a great history with Vietnam the Philippines is oh so stable and worth the investment huh? Another place we will wake up one day and just be some new government anyway. Maybe the Sultan needs our help or Malaysia, because you know... let's give some more backwards arse places tons of oil money so they can become filthy rich dictatorships that turn around and screw us anyway rather than the giant stable economic powerhouse that actually "needs it" right?

What "good" has any of our more recent interventions on behalf of third world countries done anyway? Isis, the Taliban... we get all sorts of winners out of challenging other superpowers right? Obviously China's system works, I don't even know it would be a bad thing for that region if China wasn't "In Charge"

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:00 AM
I judge who we are supporting by the quality of life they supply people, the rate of advancement, the legitimacy of rule, the lack of theological nonsense in government, the quality and potential of trade, the stability of govt be it if I agree with it or not and in the end if it's hospitable to me and my lifestyle...

China is all of those things, I would be very wary to set foot in any of those nations that we "have treaties" with i'd be scared for any female companions for sure and afraid of disease in a major way and yeah...I wouldn't trust a single one of the governments to "remain in power" and not give us crap later on and be a waste of our time just like Iraq and Afghanistan.

But it seems we love creating backwards dictatorships loaded with oil money whose streets aren't safe where no one has rights not because of law but rather poverty among the people and everyone is religious and stupid as hell... It's "our jam" lol

Go anywhere "nice" the sales in the designer stores are all written in Chinese and they are running around the world spending tourist money but I guess hell, screw the average American making a living the Koch brothers want to pump that shiz and split the money with completely abusive jerks who will do nothing for their people either, if the Chinese aren't "free" how come they are all over the place having a good time spending money? While the Vietnamese and Philippinos are all on my face book begging for money to run for their lives?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:05 AM
Maybe the Chinese just don't want broken nations riddled with human trafficking, drug smuggling massive poverty and disease the potential for violence including fundamentalism and lacking basic infrastructure surrounding their borders?

I mean I guess it works for us, it's kept Mexico down all these years being a semi feudal narco state and all.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:51 AM
So maybe someone else can answer me a question....

Why are the big 3 nations/powers all gathering forces at their southern borders?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:39 AM
This is dangerous for a number of reasons:

-Nationalism is the one card the Communist party has left to give it legitimacy these days. Since its not actually communist, it manages to remain in control as a one party state because its brought wealth and national prestige. With an economic downturn likely inbound it will have to rely more and more heavily on the nationalism. It cannot be seen to back down and lose prestige.

-Feeding into this is a desire to secure itself and what it regards as its regional space free from what it regards as imperialism. China has historically had a rough deal from the western powers and from Japan. The history is not forgotten or forgiven. Western complaints about Chinese expansion are regarded as laughably hypocritical and self serving. You did what you liked when you had the power, now its our turn.

-US political ineptitude has instigated a move towards genuine alliance between Russia and China. A development that was carefully avoided during the cold war when smarter people were in charge. Chinas industrial capacity and money matched with Russian science. Given a decade or two this will alter the balance of power. Although the effects are not immediate it gives China more confidence that they are on the rise and their opponents on the wane.

-The USA has been dominant so long now that those in charge there don't remember otherwise. They think its the natural order of things rather than just another transient chapter in history. Its forgotten how to do the real diplomacy which it will need to manage its decline into being just another one of many big powers with grace.

The Chinese are testing strength but cant be seen at home to back down. The US doesn't know how to communicate other than to threaten. Neither side actually wants a war right now as it would be mutually ruinous for no real benefit. It may happen regardless.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:27 AM

while i may not have all the facts on the table. But there is one clear fact, which is the tension between China and Us is rising. And everybody on this war torn planet holding their breath about "who is gonna fire first?". Although i doubt that would happen. ye see.. if tension between two mighty nations rise high enough, then the ripple effect would affect some nations around and they feel the tension and may react in a manner we may not like.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:18 AM

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: seagull

The United States arbitrarily carved things up here after they beat the Japanese so it is not totally innocent,

it was not arbitrary, they pretty much set the borders to prewar boundaries. the one major exception being China who was busy before, during and after the war, fighting a civil war which gave us Taiwan.

next it wants the Chinese,Vietnamese,Filipinos and Japanese to ave it all figured out by an international body it is not even a signatory to.

of course they do. that is exactly what the UN is supposed to do. really it's main purpose in life to deal with and arbitrate disputes, especially territory disputes between countries. we all know the real reason China doesn't want UN arbitration, the fact that China has no legitimate claim whatsoever being over 1,000 KM away from Chinese territory, while at the same time being extremely close to the other countries. in fact they are pretty much equal distance away is why there is a dispute, the sole exception being China. in other words China knows they don't have a leg to stand on.

proper diplomacy not the usual gunboat diplomacy is required by the US here.

and what type of diplomacy is China using if not "gunboat diplomacy. they are constantly harassing and threatening non Chinese in those areas especially fishermen while the Chines fish poachers are let run wild and not just over fish, but also steal protected species in territory they have no right to.
edit on 31-5-2015 by generik because: preview not working

edit on 5/31/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:40 AM
Chinese are threatening WWIII!?!? I knew they were hiding aggressive hatred and violent tendencies for ages, pshaw. I just knew it. C'mon China men...sitting there teaching honors math or engineering and physics to our gifted kids, bowing and grinning ear to ear thanking me for my patronage or blessing my family, pushing through 50 hour shifts diligently doing surgery saving lives, and raising respectful children while keeping completely out of criminal activity to show respect for being a guest here or for the neighborhood. Classic and tell-tale signs of a grade A jerk...a real sick in the head violent unstable jerk. don't think that at all. In fact we can look right here at home and see that as far as I'm concerned, the Chinese still fill an amazing spot in our country and have remained unchanged in demeanor if I'm not mistaken. Other than an overkill story about Chinese students not riding the teacups which reeks of some of the tactics used a decade ago to give a sense of real life to Muslim vs American culture clash and add one more thing their culture does different than ours making us right and them wrong making it ok even though there were no real threats to us found to go over and teach their homeland a lesson. But I think there would be a legitimate disconnect already visible between the Chinese visiting the US or Chinese Americans and other Americans. And it would be all the more prominent if the Chinese side were honestly pressing toward war. I am gonna risk unpopularity and probably end up on a boat totally on my own with my opinion which can be expressed by the sage words of a notorious cultural treasure and wise one beyond her time, "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true. And if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it isn't a goldfish." -The O so Honorable Judge Judith Scheindlin. Point being that the world has watched China position itself to become both the next leading country of the world and it's success is being used to create a strong financial and secure foundation by taking a courageous leap away from the current failing system and writing its own financial future with the new team of nations joining BRICS. So why on earth would they be doing it all for show just to hoodwink us and plunge its people into war and 59th place instead of first? It's one thing to be in a corporate oligarchy where yes, some may invite war since if things go a certain way beaucoup bucks are attainable. I may be wrong since economics aren't my forte but I can't see how a nation such as China could pull a profit for the country and end up in some glorious baby booming renaissance since the link between local corporations, billionaires, weapons developers, government, and common market isn't there like it is, staring us in the face here in the US where dirty banks, the central bank, Mr. Rich SeeEeOh, congressperson person's election funds or for the honest congressperson, his foundation all end up conveniently intertwining in the white house or one of the twelve federal departments like a group on offered for prostitution and has gone wrong. And even if I am wrong about the absence of value in risking it's fast lane to the top that its already got in the bag and we've known it would for twenty years, I have a flawless instinct...kinda like woman's intuition but just that mine gets stuff right...and I just don't be feelin no war in da juju, mon...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:44 AM
a reply to: generik

As you said China was busy and got no say as to the borders drawn up after World War 2 yes it is a distance away from the mainland and its claim might be as legitimate as say your claim over Hawaii,it is however called the South CHINA sea,yes the nations involved do have to sit down and nut things out but newsflash your country no longer runs the world unchallenged.There are 11 billion barrels of oil and 3200 billion cubic feet o natural gas under this sea and 5 trillion dollars worth of trade per annum sails through its waters so of course the new local power China wants to control the area,ah yes the poor fishermen well when i go fishing here in Moreton bay clear as bell are Vietnamese voices on the radio and down south its Japanese fishermen ripping into whales MOST Asian countries fish other nations sovereign waters

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:33 PM
a reply to: justwokeup

Nationalism is the one card ANY government has, just for the record.

The Chinese aren't "really" communist anymore, we should all probably eliminate that from our vocab as part of the equation.

I had a great history teacher once, he said the "fall of the wall" would be terrible for America when it happened he believed conflict/resolution/merger was the way wars went. Said that the US winning the cold war hands down was a negative because the Communists would now take what works from Capitalism and Communism and combine them into a superior system while absolute victory would leave us primitive, unrestrained Capitalism would become a horror for everybody and we would fall in an uncontrolled manner in a generation or two.

And here we are, not letting 1.3 people billion people modernize, "have oil" still calling them "communist" and all on the behest of a handful of mega wealthy individuals that want it and don't care at all about actual "development" of people, even if we win the economic results of restraining so much of the Earth will be grave, at no point does anyone really offer that... The Chinese really, really, really need these energy reserves while WE side with faux governments and keep them from it... for profit only. What are borders vs need?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:39 PM
a reply to: khnum

It's entirely hypocritical of the US, we have huge agendas in regards to "not over-fishing" sustainability, I dare say that China is surely the best "regulatory" body in the region to determine need, it is "building" the most for "people" bridges, islands, literal wonders. If any nation in the south china sea should end up "technologically" in charge of "sustainability" and make the rules so it happens China is the best equipped by far for the job and they need they oil to pull it off and keep making it "better"

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:00 PM

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I'm worried about the people WHO CAN'T fight more than myself.
What will they do?

Build the weapons of war to support the people who can fight, just like every other war. I get so tired of people saying the U.S. is done for as we have no industry left yada yada yada. They have no clue how fast we can ramp up to the massive military machine we were prior to Desert Storm. If the U.S. is attacked in a big way watch how fast Obamas butt is impeached if he does not let loose the full weight of the U.S. military on the attacker.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:07 PM
a reply to: Viperion

The Chinese will fire first, that is a given. They will be screwed if we have a Carrier task force in the area to respond before diplomacy can work itself out, the Navy will respond as fast as they can before Obama makes them stand down AGAIN. Obama is in charge so we may take a good lick on the chin before he is forced to respond by Congress or Generals holding a gun to his Muslim head.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:20 PM

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: Viperion

The Chinese will fire first, that is a given. They will be screwed if we have a Carrier task force in the area to respond before diplomacy can work itself out, the Navy will respond as fast as they can before Obama makes them stand down AGAIN. Obama is in charge so we may take a good lick on the chin before he is forced to respond by Congress or Generals holding a gun to his Muslim head.

Your funny aside from the fact that it's everyone else who will suffer because words like this echo around the world and people portray the rest of America as Ra, Ra, Ra type imbeciles.

"They will be screwed" no they wont lol, it's the coast of China not Iraq they have tons of admittedly less modern but perfectly capable long range attack capability it large numbers, i'm not saying "win" but they can literally shower that area with junk and "when" a Carrier is sunk and it will be because that's the only damn thing they want out of it, it's going to be like the scene in independence day when the first alien mother ship goes down, all over the freakin world every pork chop dictatorship we ever screwed even when we WERE the good guys is going to erupt into chaos and the Chinese might just take the retaliatory strike on whatever city and surrender temporarily, cease fire and then every where else on the planet that hates us is going to be screaming and we just can't spread like that...

Overwhelming force...again

Wake up almost no where on earth are we actually truly wanted anymore, get out of the barn, most of our treaties are people using us for what it's worth, our govt is disliked and even Europe if it get's "bad" isn't going to see this as anything other than what it is and it's not "humanitarian" it's checking anyone or any place that wishes to challenge our authority to rule the world...

They are building islands this is the real world equivalent of my neighbors apple tree extends into my yard, it's a minor court case not a war, this isn't "Hitler" invading Europe it's Natural Gas rights... Gas Rights in someones backyard no where near our sphere of influence in all reality until you get close to Japan

Do you know what our technology can't do? It can't occupy anything. That takes Boots... Do you now what China is inevitably regardless of what we do over some fake islands no one lives on and more Gas than we possibly could ever need anyway aside from gross profiteering?

It's the largest most modern nation on Earth, in due course. 1.3 - 1.4 Billion workers assures that, you can NOT occupy it after a fight therefore unless you Nuke it it's not going anywhere aside from festering until it finds a way to kill you.

You'd piss it off? because it buy America what, an extra 10 years to say "we're no 1 when we aren't really number one in anything anymore, you rather have it back where it is at, with better technology wanting you dead and being sneaky about how it does it?

Not to mention the minute we fire... you, me everybody around the world maybe is broke as hell, 10x worse than now, half our country is poor already and then the walmart shelves go bare including food, for at least a season until we replace it... That will be an effin lovely time.

The biggest by far the BIGGEST difference between us and our previous excursions, even dealing with Russia is that everybody LIKES China, it's not just about guns, we piss everyone off lately China sends polite tourists and spends money and has soft power in the streets of even Europe every day and we... we send a fat guy name joe who rinses his mouth in a Bidet in France because he doesn't know what it is lol...

It's the kind of stupidity that gives them the win as a certainty, we get away with islamic nations because, well a lot of people don't want their religious bs more than hate us...

But you blast the new beautiful cities in China, people see asian women in beautiful cities running through the streets... a year later your a Pariah nation, we are done, it wont play right. Why, because not one nation on Earth won't be thinking "we could be next" "America will never let anyone live" we will go broke, we will fall as a nation if we do this because we are too stupid to understand Chinese strategy and "Think" for lack of a better word it all breaks down to raw fire power...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:25 PM
Ya now I have heard the same old the US should mind there own and stay out of every ones biz.
If I had my way the US would bring every thing, every piece of equipment and personnel and solder home.
Drop every bit of support money and Ade. I mean every thing,Close every base close it all.Build a 20 foot wall at the
Mexican border and maybe have communication with Canada.No people going out or in.The only exception would be for nationals
they could leave but not come back.As a mater of fact deport any one that does not have a American birth certificate.
Build the US back to what it was a long time ago.Build the military back up to have total domination of the world.But remain peaceful unless provoked.Then we totally destroy said country or what ever.None of this rebuilding back said country none of that Bull _ _ _ _.
Harden all the communication and electrical equipment military industrial and residential.Pass laws that every American over
16 years of age must own a fire arms supplied buy the military.Side arm and Ar.And that is just the start.

edit on 1-6-2015 by grayghost because: spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:31 PM
When was the last time China won a war, short of beating up on Tibet every now and then? The best you can say is they managed a stalemate in Korea, but that can be chalked up to US mendacity than anything else.

When war breaks out in that area, China tends to be the big clumsy oaf who is getting the everloving snot punched out of his face by much smaller and weaker nations.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

A long time ago in a cold war far far away maybe.

And that Stalemate helped leave us North Korea, now Nuclear armed and a stones throw from 2 of our biggest trading partners Japan and South Korea.

You can count on North Korea to reignite the peninsula if we engage China

You can count on the Chinese to put men on the ground in Vietnam and the Philippines

You can count on Pakistan and China to force our hand in Afghanistan

But most of all... you can count on the United States to run this like every war it has since WW2, we win the Battles, spend a lot of money and the get put in a quagmire on the ground for years as sitting ducks (our troops)

Except it wont be, each of these engagements separately it will be in tandem, it will suck, on every level.

Win? what is "Winning" winning for China is if we are so distressed and broke as a people we never let our govt "interfere" again for a half century at least. China's got all the time in the world and even more cannon fodder to throw at loosing battles...

They aren't stupid, sink some ships, flare up many conflicts that require "Boots" war fatigue the American people even more, damage the economies of us and our allies... and Loose. But really win...

War is different now, in the days of "Nukes fly if..." the days of slaughtering civilians and occupying aggressively seem to be over. They would have to do something seriously awful for us to justify actually "beating China" which means carpet bombing cities... otherwise, myriads of police actions everywhere while good American soldiers get shot.

And China knows how to play the game... the whole world will scream bad USA, no one will join us in a coalition of any value.

They have to go Nutso by action before we could "really fight" there is nothing we can do but let them get that far first.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:01 PM

But I still can't get over the fact that they just can't seem to win wars. And their track history vs the US is not that great.

Not to mention the shoddy quality of their military tech.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:54 PM

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But I still can't get over the fact that they just can't seem to win wars. And their track history vs the US is not that great.

Not to mention the shoddy quality of their military tech.

I don't think they "Win" this one if it happens either.

That debate rages across ATS all the time, some say the US won every war because we won every major land battle since WW2 and we'd "Win" these too. Other people say we "Lost" every war since WW2 because we accomplished almost nothing and the locations remained at best puppets liable to turn on us as their needs have it to remaining or creating more enemies...

In theory both are right...

I'm over the term "Win or Loose"

I don't want a "China sized Iraq" it's stupid. Particularly when much of the fighting will be "revisiting" the last 4 wars at one time. In order "Iraq" because Isis will be emboldened as hell if we have to commit troops in Asia "Afghanistan" because it borders China and Pakistan, "Korea" because Un will help and "Vietnam" because it's a principal part of the debate... Plus the "Philippines"

I don't disagree with any of the more right thinking individuals in regards to "winning military" battles...

I just don't want to be broke, watch more riots on the news, loose soldiers... the Me stuff cost us a TRILLION dollars, China is waaay bigger and tougher, far more land area, much more capacity to do damage...

And as I sit here, the Taliban was replaced by isis, Isis is obviously going to control both Iraq and Syria at some point, maybe even Saudi Arabia...

What did we do? We made bigger, meaner, more bad arse Iraq... Congratulations "we won"

Sure China will loose by our "standards" and come back in a decade "Evil, Savage China" Hoorah! lol

China's whole things is "wanting to be part of the global scene" I say GOOD you guys go right ahead... take the whole damn South China Sea, deal with Asian Muslim extremism and PAY to fight it, clean up all the Tsunamis, deal with the terrorism at home and a populace mad they get their balls tickled when trying to go on vacation... all of it.

It's expensive, it's worthless, there is no profit in it, it aggravates the populace...

If you want to slow China down... let them participate in the global "police force" if they want to... it sure dropped a brick in our drawers...

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>