It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns of WW3 Unless US Backs Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Apparently, things are heating up between the US and China from disagreements over China's disputed island building in the South China Sea. The US doesn't recognize the islands as protected maritime zones and flew a reconnaissance mission over the islands last week despite China's calls to stay away. Now China is threatening WW3 if the US doesn't stay away.

U.S. interference could trigger a World War 3
The newspaper suggests that China will not stop construction of these artificial islands at any cost. Any more interference by "external countries" could trigger a World War 3 and Beijing will "accept" it. Experts say neither United States nor China wants to back down. They fear that even a minor incident around the artificial islands could escalate rapidly into a full-fledged war.

Robert Dujarric, director of the Institute of Contemporary Asian Studies at the Temple University, said that China misjudging the situation is the real concern. Neither country wants a war if it can be avoided, but both countries have some red lines, said Dujarric.

China is aggressively building artificial islands in the disputed Spratly Islands. The construction includes runways and port facilities that could harbor military planes and warships. Islands in the region are also claimed by the Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam, who have all protested against China's expansion.

Just when you thought it was safe eh, ATS? The drama just doesn't end: Israel, Iran, Iraq, Russia, Ukraine, China, and everywhere else. This world is going nuts! Constant tension everywhere you look. What says ATS?

www.valuewalk.com...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the massive increase in rumors of war in the past 2-4 years? There are constant rumors of wars over Ukraine, Iran, Isarel, etc. And now the South China sea too?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MAAZ97

I've noticed the rhetoric over the last decade in regards to war. Sadly for the US I think the time is breaking, for both a domestic uprising as well as a global conflict.
I am sure the US will come out of it OK, but I'm not sure of the short or long term repercussions.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Then who would buy their mass produced spider-rings, plastic slinkies, and thumb-cuffs?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Threatening world war hasn't led to one yet. War happens all of a sudden without nobody knowin' its comin'…

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Threatening world war hasn't led to one yet. War happens all of a sudden without nobody knowin' its comin'…

Well somebody has to know it's coming. Or going.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

A reliable and credible source would be nice. This looks a lot like the old Sorcha faal stuff, built on a little truth with a whole bunch of speculation and peppered with doom.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I'm worried about the people WHO CAN'T fight more than myself.
What will they do?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wasn't there a very similar thread posted this week already?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I been watching this for awhile now, just largely out of curiosity and something occured to me. I tend to think of China as a patient dragon, awaiting its time and gathering its strength, so while there will be various "threats" issued its mostly just noise for their own people. That being said, the wrong incident in this location could just set the whole thing ablaze.

Or you are like me and think all of this is a smoke screen for a large scale ufo recovery operation being carried out on those man made islands. Remnants of the invasion force both sides were facing off against in the same area.

Has a large boomerang shaped UFO crashed into the Pacific Ocean only a few miles off the coast of China? Amazingly, that is what more than 50 local fisherman are reporting from a small village near the city of Ningbo. The crash took place on Friday May 24 around 10pm local time and the area has been sealed off by the Chinese military since. The sealed off area includes more than 5 miles of water approximately 10 miles off the coast and the Chinese military is strictly enforcing that no one enters these waters. Witnesses are reporting that there are at least 40 large military ships that have cordoned off the area along with hundreds of smaller boats. So far, the military has not announced any information on the crash other than saying that a small military drill was being conducted in the area.

a reply to: Kuroodo

I gotta ask about the presents tearing apart babies....

edit on 29-5-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reasons to start war often haven't been the brightest, but ww3 because of artificial islands is a new highlight...
go humanity

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Lol.

Russia, China, "United" States of America..... it's about to hit the fan. Perhaps, ha. China has been a bit silent in the "news"? Yeah?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Methinks China's agenda is more on the domestic audience. To build a nationalistic fervour that adds support to China's ridiculous territorial claims and provocation against many of their neighbours. Many of China's neighbours are fearful and wary of China and welcome their US ally supporting them.

Note that it's China who is building runways on reefs a few miles from the Philippines and hundreds of miles from China.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MAAZ97
Has anyone else noticed the massive increase in rumors of war in the past 2-4 years? There are constant rumors of wars over Ukraine, Iran, Isarel, etc. And now the South China sea too?

To be honest not really, hanging around this website would probably give you that illusion, lots of students, keyboard anarchists etc who don't really understand the world. Just learn to cut the wheat from the chaff.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo

originally posted by: MAAZ97

To be honest not really, hanging around this website would probably give you that illusion, lots of students, keyboard anarchists etc who don't really understand the world. Just learn to cut the wheat from the chaff.

You gotta be kidding me. This website doesn't cover half of what's going on globally. Check multiple news sites and read what's coming out of the UK, and everywhere else in Europe if you want to know. There are many rumors of war with many countries right now. There's so much stuff going on, if Obama wasn't so busy with climate change he would have his work cut out for him. It's almost overwhelming. Conflict overload. Pick a country. Start with Israel and work your way around the globe.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Come on, be realistic. no WW3 will break out because of some crappy islands. The most that can happen is a short engagement, after which both will arrange themselves. Case closed.

WW3... what a joke.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I am not disagreeing that there is lots of rumours of wars I just don't know if there is more than before. Different countries that's all? This website is very good at whipping up doom, we all know this, a section dedicated to WW3 etc could create the illusion of there being more. Just think about 15 years ago all the talk about a possible intervention in Zimbabwe, it didn't happen but lots and lots of rumours of it. Could it not be the same here?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Op, China's leaders are spoiled rich kids, they always get what they want at home.

They aren't used to getting told to go fudge themselves.

Which is why they think they can just take islands that don't belong to them.

I'm of the opinion China is about to have a rude awakening.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Quick question but doesn't China and North Korea always shout about a war if...and then say something about the US or NATO? I mean I've heard NK shouting about wars and attacking the US over and over again for the last five years. I know that at some point they might do something but it seems like they're always barking and never biting.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Lol. Beijing doesn't have enough madmen in power to engage in mutually assured destruction.

There will be no announcement when WW3 starts. Just the sound of death falling from the sky.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join