It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPTB successfully halt the spreading awareness

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Since 9/11, I've personally seen a spreading of awareness about TPTB and how the world really works. I'm sure most of you witnessed this as as well. This was largely due to the internet and how convenient it became for people to spread the truth. From ATS, to youtube, to facebook, and every other website there were more people speaking out against TPTB. Now we've already seen what happens when a public figure speaks up. They get singled out and labeled as crazy. Not so hard to do. But how do you stop millions of people from speaking up? Well... like this:

snip

Socially engineering people to automatically associate CTers as a joke. If you speak up, you are to be mocked and made fun of. It's funny the first time you see it... but then you see it again, and again, until you realize that the anti-CT memes have spread much faster than any of the awareness campaigns that so many attempted to spread over the internet.

Of course, people were always mocked for discussing these topics. But TPTB have not just sat by and let people spread the truth online. They are actively discrediting people before they even have a chance to form an opinion.
edit on Thu May 28 2015 by Jbird because: removed image with slur

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So, your conclusion is....."The Powers That Be" are responsible for memes? Sure, why not....
edit on 5/28/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is the kind of thread that inspires people to make memes mocking conspiracy theorists.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pants3204
This is the kind of thread that inspires people to make memes mocking conspiracy theorists.

Yeah, pretty much.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
... I just read what was above me...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

That has been true for years, however I have
witnessed a trend in the other direction.

Years ago I would spill the truth on people
and like cult members, their dull cow eyes
just glassed over... and the forget what
you tell them as if it was sacrilege.

these days I find more people who agree
with me than disagree. And no matter how
outrageous the False Authority (TPTB)
actions may be, no one is really all that
surprised.... that is a huge shift from
just a few years ago.

edit on 28-5-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, I doubt such things like those memes came from "the people to blame", but rather people are going to mock things they find funny or ridiculous. Yeah, the internet has allowed for the rapid spread of information, but it has also lead to a massive rise in ignorance and the spread of misinformation.

I do find it funny that pro-CT memes is a good thing and the "people waking up", but when opposition occurs it must be those dastardly "tptb" trying to attack the innocent CT.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm just letting people believe what they want to believe in the real world, not the net, but setting out little bits of info in conversation as to what is actually going on. I find that most people believe that we are being kept in the dark and fed BS but they don't want to rock the boat because rocking it might mean society could collapse and everything would fall into chaos.

I think they are right too, if everyone started to rock the boat the whole US would flip upside down and what everyone worked hard for would be gone.

Most people do not believe the lies deep down but know the consequences. Social conditioning is a good phrase for it.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Social conditioning is indeed a good word for it, that's what it is. Individuals are told they will be ostracized for not walking the line. But then we see these individuals supposedly on the outside, and they are very appealing. The mad man becomes the new wise man. And God, the freedom: The freedom of not having to hide what you really think. People all over the nation are now drawn to these "mad men", these conspiracy theorists. That's why you see the freak out, the congressman attempting absurdly to link these free thinkers to groups like ISIS. The fear is that the garbage narratives are being discarded by the people, and a new line of free thinking, of fearlessness will emerge.

And you want to hear the truth? It will.

Who can I point to and say "he is right?" tonight its George Soros. For good or evil, he has been vastly underestimated as a philosopher. He made his billions by defying the idea that markets reflect wisdom of common sense, and betting on the idea that the masses are largely delusional. When you bet on the idea that the world is mad, it pays off big time. (research Soros Reflexivity theory for details) The masses are delusional. Those who are awake know this madness must balance out in the next few hundred years, but right now the consensus wisdom is complete lunatic asylum madness. The sane are the ones who break free from the insanity of "consensus knowledge" and seek truth from a stance of individuals standing before the divine, not them and the crowd.

As more things collapse, as more illusions fall apart, the numbers of these communities will continue to grow. Don't worry about seeming blindness, its all temporary. Economic necessity will wake MANY up to the delusions they're currently being presented with.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Well, everyone knows that all conspiracies are only theories…

Interventions, not invasions

Humanitarian aid, not arms shipments

Extraordinary rendition, not kidnapping

enhanced interrogation, not torture

American interests, not greedy corporations.

Political action, not bribes

Politics, not lies

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
They aren't stopping anything.
This will either be a revolution or a police nation but something will eventually happen.

There will always be people that react differently when faced with FEAR. Some fight it, some laugh at it.
Most people that deny the TPTB the idea of an "illuminati" after EVERYTHING that can be found on the internet...I mean, a handful of them are pedos eating human flesh for Christ sakes...hello?!

No, these people react with ridiculing because that's the way they've been told to react in front of "conspiracy theorists" all their lives. They react with smart ass smirks because their minds can't cope with the truth. They don't want to believe, they think that laughing it off will make it go away.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Fearful people are the most dangerous because they are unstable.
So, OhOkYeah, I don't think truth is losing ground, see their fear as one of their first steps towards the denial of ignorance.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
So, your conclusion is....."The Powers That Be" are responsible for memes? Sure, why not....

Now that would just be silly. That would be such a small and menial task to assign to so many. It would really only take a few lowly comedians or otherwise out of work writers to spray the internet with plenty of this type of graffiti. It's not as if it takes much to get millions of perfectly trained drones to ape everything they see.

Whether or not "the powers that be" are literally directly responsible for it, they certainly are literally directly responsible for pretty much everything that makes popular culture in the western world. They don't have to do much more than teach people how to get a laugh (reward) from making caricatures of unpopular ideas.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
maybe they have a cure for you all in the wings

www.bbc.co.uk...

im sure it could "cure" more dysfunctional's than the bbc are claiming in their headline

funbox

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Really? Is the title of this thread like a spell trying to make it real?

Because, on the various forums and sites I check into frequently, awareness of illuminati and PTB is quite high. Many threads and articles on this. Including their symbols and Spell ing, Curse ive and symbology.

Recently, all those eyes being blinded, and poked out, seems to be a meme to try and make us all blind.

But the awakening is massive.

They would never be talking of pulling off another huge war if it wasn't a huge threat to them because that is what they always do to lower frequency when they are being threatened, by human awareness of them.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The "All-Seeing Eye" is featured on the dollar bill because it represents the 3rd Eye, or enlightenment.
Every time someone looks at one, or carries one, they subconsciously believe that it IS enlightenment.
And if looking at or carrying symbols isn't important, everyone in AA is gonna be really bummed out.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Pants3204

On ATS, its replies like the above quotes that halt the spreading of awareness.

He who implies something is impossible or improbable in this world is almost always incorrect.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Awareness is high, not because of any real world conversations with people who actually think and question everything continuously. It is high, because currently conspiracy theory and the topics centric to CT - is a hot popular commodity right now in the entertainment industry. Books, movies, music, tv series, web series, talk shows, youtube drags, websites, meme's. This topic, this site and everything that USE to make us unique - is Hollywood's baby right now. Everyone is an expert in some way, from some aspect of CT they favor. Or at least perceive themselves to be, because of all the information trickled out and down to us the past 40 years. Think about what you watch on TV. Read for entertainment. Really think about it, and then sit back and meditate on how those ideas and concepts influenced and changed your own. Be honest about it.

As children and teenagers how many of you watched Star Wars, Star Trek, Encounters of the Third Kind, Clockwork Orange, Citizen Kane, and ET. How about Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson? Or Suspect Zero? Now, really sit back and think about it. Where did all this, all of us, and our ending up here or at sites similar to this - come from? Really! Be honest.

We are all conditioned, and we gravitate toward what makes us happy and stimulated. This is a social grouping of like minded people, a clique. Nothing more. One that I love and am proud to be a part of, but it IS an ENTERTAINMENT site. Treating it like anything else, gets you on list.

CdT

top topics

join