It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Threatens Suicide, Police Kill Him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Terrible thing that happened but I'm gonna throw in a different perspective.

The police are often victims of the information they are given. They rely on the operator to prioritise the information accordingly, so the police can take the correct course of action. From the article, I will assume, that the key words that would have been passed on is "suicidal, alcoholic and armed with a knife and distressed wife concerned for his/her safety". We must remember that most spouses will assume their partners will do no harm to em, with the police system knowing fine well this is not the case through experience.

These key indicators might activate an "assault rifle protocol" in which the police force acted in accordance with training.

However I completely disagree with the decision and outcome of what took place. If they knew the person in question personally, and we're able to take into account all variables based on a wealth of correct information then they may very well of just brought a negotiator. But they didn't have those tools, thus this tragedy took place.

They should be held accountable and have the full force of the justice system bestowed upon them.

Sorry to be the voice of reason but in these types of threads people do tend to get Emotional ally involved based on a snippet of information. I am merely highlighting the difficulties associated with communication within the police and I'm sure any police officer would find reason in my post

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
*sigh* If someone has a weapon and is threatening to use it, you call the cops, they show up with weapons drawn, and that person still acts like a threatening person with a weapon in hand, they signed their death certificate, not the person who called the cops.

No. If you bring in the cops, that persons death is on your head. You escalated the situation and brought people there that are more likely than not going to solve the situation by putting a person in a body bag.

Never call the police, unless you believe that what's going on deserves the death penalty.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join