It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK EU Referendum, IN or OUT?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

This question is more important

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Oh and good luck with the "rest of the world"
Let us try South America, Argentina runs south america, good luck there.
Let us try Asia...China could block us whenever they felt like it.
Africa, most African countries are in the process of revolution.
North America...ah yes, let us be the whipping child of the USA, once again.
So what is left?

the eskimos, I guess...
edit on 28-5-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What is there? 196 countries in the world...

Time to get out of your European box and explore the greater World.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Your reticence to see the reality of the real world is rather present, ok then, let us exclude China, The whole of Europe, the USA, Canada, South America hispanic and Russia.

We are left with what? India, an enormous possible market, sadly not a market that buys. Shall we export to Australasia? That would be good, but indonesia is islamic and taiwan exports more than us. How about Japan? Yes, let us export to Japan, really? The rest are islands mate, nothing more.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
And Brasil, I forgot Brasil, they shall save us.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Ah, in case the UK leaves, them americans are gonna take the crown

one just can't simply allow that

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Anyway the whole point of this thread was to get people's opinion about leaving Europe, I say no. And that is my opinion.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Today a French minister criticised the UK for signing up for football and trying to turn the game into rugby...

Erm...no...we signed up for a common market and the German-French pact have slowly transitioned this common market into a United States of Europe...so who changed the game?

Cameron has already backed out of ditching the criminal...er...I mean human rights act. And has backed down on the free movement law...so what half-assed changes is he going to get for us? Nothing worthwhile really. If he did manage to Europe would find a way of going back on their word after the referendum anyway.

The only answer is to leave, there's no reason to stay that can be backed up by a good argument. In the end it's just a corrupt state. FIFA is like a microcosm of the EU, full of heinous individuals getting insanely rich and trying to stick to their sinking ship...Blatter comes to mind....so corrupt he knows he's untouchable and these are the same type of people that run the EU machine.

Voting for such an institution is practically handing what's left of the small man's power to untouchable bureaucrats....

The plan was always to have a "United States of Europe" with a federal government. The British public would never have voted for that after fighting World War II. So they were told it was going to be all about having simplifying export regulations to boost exports, and open borders so that we could have cheap holidays.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Taking into an account the direction our whole world is heading right now,... and as one realises that we are fu**ed no matter what, it becomes pretty clear that the whole thing about the UK leaving the EU is as unimportant as a grain of sand...

In the grand scheme of things, this is just a part of the charade, the monstrous grotesqueness we are living.
Though I totally respect the guys behind this bonhomie. The masquerade they created works not as neatly as they would have expected, however it works and that is being just enough.

And what happens when few people realise the truth?
Well, nothing because as Mr. Stanley Kubrick hinted, the general population still has its EYES WIDE SHUT.

To live a better life, to make the world a better place we cannot divide ourselves into countries, we gotta live more with our deeper self, I don't know but the sense of spirituality, togetherness, oneness and compassionate love is completely lost and these talks and debates about separateness are .... awkward.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My opinion is that the EU has to rethink it's core policies on immigration and national restrictions, each nation should have more say about it's own rules. When Cameron initiates the Bill of Rights, it should solve some things and I am sure there is more that can be done within the UK to sort a lot of the issues.

There are a lot of people and businesses dependent on the EU for either subsidies, such as farming or businesses that rely on trade agreements, the impact on those businesses and potential relocation of EU trading companies to within the EU zone would impact on the UK economy. Also Germany and France might conspire in making things unfavourable for a non EU UK, look at how they are behaving recently.

There is also the need for being part of a larger collective in terms of security, import /export taxes, favourable trade etc. and geographical proximity, it makes sense.

However, there seems a bullying mentality to it's method and some policies which are clearly not constructive to the UK, it is not as large as France or Germany and the absorption of immigrants and the effects on the infrastructure and resources is something we are all too aware of and it needs fixing. Hence I comprehend the need for a vote.

My preference is stay if there are better terms.
edit on 28-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

You want to see what real people look like??
Whenever I take a walk down west Croydon, what I see is an absolute despaire upon their faces.
-
And that despair is rooted everywhere...
Sport, the govnermemt, Stock markets, corporations.....and politicians, god... Look at 'em!! Those ain't the people you can trust! None of em. Ever.
-
Of course there are businessmen in nice suites in an epic rush to catch the tube at the West Croydon station, but generally, what I see there is a nice glimpse of the real world.
Not the City or Canary Wharf, but areas with 99% of people if you know what i mean...
The world is going crazy ...it's freefalling right now.
No rules apply for the rich and poweful.
And people have absolutely ZERO control over their governments.
Referendums and voting and that stuff = GROTESQUENESS

the terms are not going to get any better, to believe in that is just naïve.

What i realised quite recently is that it is impossible to reform a system of control, i mean, generally govnernemnt and stuff....
You cant make a peaceful revolution possible because people just don't give a damn.

Cameron lost me the second I checked his background and when the family tree had shown up, it became clear.

Sadly, it seems like David Icke was right all along.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

I am aware of the system, the world and it's issues, this isn't a thread about general political revolution, just about national politics. I am all for constructive revolution locally, nationally and internationally but there isn't anyone or any party or person or group that I would consider able to even comprehend or make a proper plan for such let alone initiating and implementing it.

Though on a national level, we can either sit and watch things as they are, and clearly it isn't great for the UK in many ways, being part of the EU but in other ways it is needed, or be proactive and the only way under the system is reform or vote.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I know, what I am trying to say is that there is no effect in talking about it or overthinking it for decades...nothing ever changes, only gets progressively worse.

You have seen V for Vendetta right?
It either happens that way or none.

By none - you can sit back and watch the world burn within 20 years.

And this is not just the UK, it's just about everywhere.
An artificially sustained system in which the collapse is inevitable, but will be so devastatinng and incomprehensible for many really that postponing it is the only thing they got left.

I am thinking all nights what to do...looking for a possible solition.
...and I am approaching a point where, I give up

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Out!

I despise being ruled by a another corrupt level of bureaucrats, westminster is enough we dont need brussels.

And I dont feel comfortable with Germany and france deciding our laws.
edit on 28-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Let's hope things will improve, things have in the past, they will in the future.

The EU issue is exactly that, lack of say, lack of freedom to govern own nation and unfavourable terms. There should be something that allows member states to properly negotiate depending on each nations circumstances. France and Germany making secret deals is also something that needs looking at.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

a reply to: ukmicky1980

Yes they would of course be able to do that.

But here is the thing, why would a country that had basically been negated by the UK, facilitate any kind of help to a citizen of that country?

For the same reasons that it is stated that any country would *need*

immigration ... For the particular education, qualifications and

contributions to their economies. Not forgetting that many 'Brits'

abroad are retired there and therefor are also contributing to the

economy of where they are living.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I remember all the fuss kicked up by those supposedly in the know about the awful ramifications to our industries and such forth if we didn't join the euro, and look how the turned out...For me it's going to be out, control or own borders and allow our own elected officials to govern without the shackles of the E.U dictating what they can or cannot do.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

a reply to: DAZ21

I think that you are making the mistake of understanding the present day rules and regulations with what would become the rules and regulations once we leave Europe,

There would no longer be free movement in Europe.

I don't think free 'movement' would be effected, just possibly settling.

However with the *right required qualifications* cant see why

a person would be refused entry any where!

There would no longer be a guaranteed export quantity.

Right goods at right price plus British guaranteed quality? cant see

a problem ... *quality* always sells.

There are many things that would change.

AGREED ... and for the better IMO.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
For the long term it would be best for the UK to get out. But the ultra rich and globalists will never let it happen. Doesn't fit the plan. Even if everyone votes for out the "results" will come back as in.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Plus and here is the big one, countries do NOT just offer open borders and free movement to the world.
The idea is reciprocal, you let my people travel and I will let yours.
This can become very messy once the British, with their penchant for taking foreign holidays suddenly starts to to fail.
You really haven't thought this through.

There are a lot of EU economies who are grateful for, and indeed some

dependent on the 'Brits' penchant for taking foreign holidays.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join