It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn sends new closer pics of Ceres

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
It's actually a microscopic image of plankton taken from a rock found in the Bass River core in New Jersey.

scitechdaily.com...

All the space missions are a hoax, we are living in an enclosed plain under a huge dome, what we know as space is nothimg more than a projection.

A hoax is what you did, posting that image as if it was from Ceres.

And it doesn't even look like the photos from the space missions.

edit on 29/5/2015 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
on C2C last night, ~3AM... Ed Dames said he remote viewed the Ceres bright spots...

he says they are 'out gassing' plumes...the vapor crystalized and made a bright cloud at altitude which evidently caused the whole geyser of gas to refract light all the way down to the escape hole on the floor of the crater

makes sense to me... without any AP or RV'ing

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Well that explains it, why did they not focus on the most interesting part?

Oh rest assured they HAVE focused on the interesting part, they're just not yet done editing it enough to show the people...what, did anyone actually expect them to openly post a controversial image, if indeed it is actually controversial?

Snowballs chance of that happening.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

What we know as Earth does have some curvature but it's not a globe

Strange i didn't notice it wasn't a globe when my wife and i circumnavigated it about 10 years ago...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Several images were taken in this new sequence, called OpNav 9. It's resolution is about twice as sharp as with previous pictures. It's probable that the bright spots were in at least one of these images, as these are just as interesting to the scientists as they are to the public, and they lie fairly near the image already released. It's probable that such a picture will be released in the near future.
Just supposing that something artificial-looking were revealed by an image, it's possible that it would be held, to examine it very carefully. They could wish to determine that the controversial content was not due to some technical fault, before releasing it.
They way these images have been slowly improving , as the spacecraft nears Ceres, it might be hard to set a definite point in time when they indicate something not made by natural forces. Supposing there is something of this sort to be revealed, it might well be borne in on us only very gradually.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Ross 54 because: added comma

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yah that's a nice pic! I like the buildings in the Crater Myself!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54
Several images were taken in this new sequence, called OpNav 9. It's resolution is about twice as sharp as with previous pictures. It's probable that the bright spots were in at least one of these images, as these are just as interesting to the scientists as they are to the public, and they lie fairly near the image already released. It's probable that such a picture will be released in the near future.
Just supposing that something artificial-looking were revealed by an image, it's possible that it would be held, to examine it very carefully. They could wish to determine that the controversial content was not due to some technical fault, before releasing it.
They way these images have been slowly improving , as the spacecraft nears Ceres, it might be hard to set a definite point in time when they indicate something not made by natural forces. Supposing there is something of this sort to be revealed, it might well be borne in on us only very gradually.

It is quite revealing when you stop to think about it. Of course people at NASA know witch pictures are in great intrest to most of people. By deliberatly not showing us those pictures they want to feed general paranoia and speculation about their motives. That way when they finally reveal mundane pictures showing some ice plumes or salt deposits on the surface tptb can once more ridicule conspiracy theorists who fell for it once again.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I second Your Vote! Plus as ThorneBlood mentioned,
there seems to be walls of a sort!? Looks non-Natural to Me!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

What we know as Earth does have some curvature but it's not a globe

Strange i didn't notice it wasn't a globe when my wife and i circumnavigated it about 10 years ago...

You could have been on a conveyer...you just never know

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ilpero
It is quite revealing when you stop to think about it. Of course people at NASA know witch pictures are in great intrest to most of people. By deliberatly not showing us those pictures they want to feed general paranoia and speculation about their motives. That way when they finally reveal mundane pictures showing some ice plumes or salt deposits on the surface tptb can once more ridicule conspiracy theorists who fell for it once again.

The interest to scientists trumps the interes to the public. Which is why, generaly speaking, images of great scientific importance are reserved for the scientists involved with the mission before they are released to the general public. It wouldn't be fair if someone other than them made a discovery and took credit for it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

It wouldn't be fair if someone other than them made a discovery and took credit for it.

I think the public who pays for it should share as the discoveries are made and make the journey together with the scientists!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

It wouldn't be fair if someone other than them made a discovery and took credit for it.

I think the public who pays for it should share as the discoveries are made and make the journey together with the scientists!

Should the taxpayers also share in the military exploits and weapons research, as well as healthcare and medicines? The public provides the money, but the actual work is better left to the professionals.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Should the taxpayers also share in the military exploits and weapons research, as well as healthcare and medicines? The public provides the money, but the actual work is better left to the professionals.

I don't see how adventures and space exploration is the same as meds and war machines.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

I don't see how adventures and space exploration is the same as meds and war machines.

Well, adventures and space exploration aren't the same thing either. You could go on a travelling adventure, or even learn to fly a plane solo, but space exploration involves lots of money, resources, and time and skills that professionals have been putting in for decades. That's why they want the first-hand access to the data, before they share it with everybody else.
edit on 29-5-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It still comes down to who the hell paid for it - John Q. Citizen.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I would like to thank you so much for the rare reference to my very favorite painting! You have made me smile, smurfy and deeply, too.

I hope this all turns out to be as fascinating as space can be... I think it will do.

The darkening applied to the image revealed some interesting hints as to what's coming (as it usually does, to a point), which in turn led to that hopefulness.
edit on 5/29/2015 by PixelDuster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I agree that the public should know about any discoveries, but I also think that the scientists need to know what things are to share their knowledge.

The problem is that the large majority of the public doesn't understand a thing about science and would be bored to death if they saw all the data the scientists have to work with to get to the conclusion that they really discovered something new. Science takes time and lots of work, it isn't the same thing as finding a coin on the ground, they need to be sure of what they will say to the public, if they say something that latter proves to be wrong that same public will "crucify" them and will say that they are not worthy of the money they get to do their work.

PS: all of this because someone suspects (without any real evidence) that they didn't share the "interesting" (for whom?) photos.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I don't see why all photos and data should not be up for public view online. No need for them to conclude anything just show what they have just as they would if exploring the arctic or any other human endeavor paid for by the public. If it is privately funded than by all means hoard the what you want.

PS: all of this because someone suspects (without any real evidence) that they didn't share the "interesting" (for whom?) photos.

I am sure they don't show us all of the things they see and all of the photos, everything is of interest to many people but the main point is we own the stuff we paid for it.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I don't see why all photos and data should not be up for public view online.

I agree.

No need for them to conclude anything just show what they have just as they would if exploring the arctic or any other human endeavor paid for by the public.

My reference to conclusions was because of your mention of "discoveries", as most (if not all) of the discoveries are made during the analysis and interpretation of the data, I don't remember a discovery in the sense of looking at a photo and clearly seeing something.

I am sure they don't show us all of the things they see and all of the photos, everything is of interest to many people but the main point is we own the stuff we paid for it.

That's the problem, you "are sure" and accuse them of doing things that you really don't know are true or not, and act as if it's true.

Don't you think you are being unjust to the scientists?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Don't you think you are being unjust to the scientists?

Well probably as I doubt it is their decision.

I don't remember a discovery in the sense of looking at a photo and clearly seeing something.

Clearly...yes not clearly but eventually this should prove untrue as I believe there is much to discover that can be seen on the planet's surfaces.

you really don't know are true or not, and act as if it's true

You know ArMap I respect your opinions and information (a ton) but if we waited for proof before having anything to say on a subject very little of ATS would be here. .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join