It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn sends new closer pics of Ceres

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: smurfy

Your link at the bottom has a nice shot! If you look close in the upper right quadrant of that image, the play of light and shadow create some pretty cool 'artifacts'!!!

Yes, I noticed that it looks like something/s uplifted and tall at the terminator, which is..the terminator. But if you look at the OP's picture, the one Swanne posted above, there is also a black area at the upper right, which looks like, though can't be the terminator, it is in fact a cut off. The image has been projected onto a globe of Ceres, which accounts for the cut off. It probably accounts for the saturation of light and contrast as well. Still, it's interesting to know.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The light is very bright! I darkened your picture.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-5-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think it's a kitty cat.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A non verifiable statement was terrorists, then asteroids, then aliens. Sugar, we got them all in one go at the moment!
edit on 28-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

The light is very bright! I darkened your picture.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Good work! So obviously it's not the big Madonna with the fallen boobies then!
Joking apart, I'm not sure what that is, unfortunately my red arrow has caused some bleed, and makes it look upward rather than down, and what's going on at the big bright spot, it has mini craters too by the look of it, but seemingly wrongly lit, on the face of it.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: bananashooter

Are these black and white photos or is that "color" without very much saturation? Does anybody know?

These are greyscale photos.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Joking apart, I'm not sure what that is, unfortunately my red arrow has caused some bleed, and makes it look upward rather than down, and what's going on at the big bright spot, it has mini craters too by the look of it, but seemingly wrongly lit, on the face of it.

That "bleeding" is a result of saving the image as JPEG and the fact that the tip of the arrow appeared in one 8x8 pixel block. As you can see the JPEG compression mixes a little the colours of the pixels, so it can use less colours to achieve higher compression ratios, but it completely messes the image when something it doesn't expect happens, like a red pixel in an otherwise greyscale block.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

That "bleeding" is a result of saving the image as JPEG and the fact that the tip of the arrow appeared in one 8x8 pixel block. As you can see the JPEG compression mixes a little the colours of the pixels, so it can use less colours to achieve higher compression ratios, but it completely messes the image when something it doesn't expect happens, like a red pixel in an otherwise greyscale block.

Yes, I got my hand smacked for that before, while this time I overlaid a larger arrow image than normal unsure of how the image would appear without the ATS preview function, (it's not working at this time)..I'll get it almost right one of these days!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Can you save a good enlarged image of better quality? I would love to have a look!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Can you save a good enlarged image of better quality? I would love to have a look!

Good question

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Notice the odd structures? Seem like pretty well defined walls appear when you drop the intensity of all that light. Course i could have just screwed the pooch entirely.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Yep! Interesting Indeed!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

All the images I have seen have clear signs of JPEG compression (even one TIFF I found), so I doubt it's possible to get a better quality image, specially when enlarged, as the enlargement would also enlarge the compression artefacts.

But I will try.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I liked this image of Ceres myself, looks almost like a smooth hill.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Anyone got any idea about how big the lights are?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yay, another thread on the "lights".

NeoSpace that looks like a indent to me, not an elevation?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Yay, another thread on the "lights".

NeoSpace that looks like a indent to me, not an elevation?

It's actually a microscopic image of plankton taken from a rock found in the Bass River core in New Jersey.

scitechdaily.com...

All the space missions are a hoax, we are living in an enclosed plain under a huge dome, what we know as space is nothimg more than a projection.

What we know as Earth does have some curvature but it's not a globe, the sun and moon are about the same size and only about 200 miles up while the roof of the dome is about 400 miles high.
The sun and moon rotate around this curved plain to create night and day.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think lights..... but that's just me

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Notice the odd structures? Seem like pretty well defined walls appear when you drop the intensity of all that light. Course i could have just screwed the pooch entirely.

I see only vertical lines, it's that it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join