It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video game fortelling the 9/11 atacks?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Hang in there Lysergic...maybe some Monsanto nourished weed can help.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Semantics.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: lucentenigma

Right but where did you see that I am claiming it proves something? I am just posting the material.

Here below in your reply to boy monkey; Also a thought of mine, if you are "just posting material" is that akin to talking out ones ass? I mean if you don't take the time to rationally think about what you are going to post, you know all that crap.

a reply to: boymonkey74

Clearly the twin towers are in the bottom right corner of the game being struck with explosions. I find it just a bit coincidental.

edit on 28-5-2015 by Lysergic because: quote tags.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucentenigma
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Doesn't look like the twin towers there. Zoom in on the pic it's an exact copy of the twin towers.

Okay. You go on believing that Atari somehow knew about the impending 9/11 attacks and foretold it on some boxart for video game rather than telling the authorities.

Also:

Here is the Boxart for Missile Command 1999:

Tell me where the twin towers are, please.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Wow, even more hilarious, I went and googled myself, so this is the only image with extra towers(OP image)...

LOL

Fail of the day.

I ain't mad at ya, you just fell for the reddit troll's bait is all.
edit on 28-5-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Wow, even more hilarious, I went and googled myself, so this is the only image with extra towers(OP image)...

LOL

Fail of the day.
Oh goody! Does that mean this can go in the Hoax Bin?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Remember when people where saying this 1987 Micheal Keaton movie predicted 911?

LOL, same deal here.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
With all the "fortelling" of the towers being hit, like also in the Lone Gunmen" series, maybe these things that happen afterwards, are people watching it happen in video games and on TV and they're just copying the idea.

I'm sure that a lot of things on TV get copied by criminal elements.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It looks like the twin towers.

The thread title has a question mark. The OP is pretty open.

An image worthy of note.

I don't think it is a prediction though.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
An image worthy of note.

Not really, considering it's a hoax...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I forget the name of it, but the Tom Clancy Novel was more of a fortelling of 9/11...except it wasn't so much an act of Terror as an angry Japanese Pilot crashing his plane into congress and killing everyone in line for the presidency except Jack Ryan after a Japanese War...And I think the way we gained an advantage was using Spanish Speaking Americans for our communications ..since most of the Japanese only spoke English and Japanese. It's been almost two decades since I read it. Good book though.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucentenigma
I have never seen this one before.

That is because it was just made up!

What do you guys think?

All because you see it on the internet does not make it true, do some proper research before posting a hoax.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The Towers were a symbol of U.S power and would be a target for a Terrorist attack or an attack from an invading force. So, yeah, more than likely is the Towers, but I don't think it is foretelling anything.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

For one, the towers were taken down by jet liners, not missiles.

Actually, they weren't taken down by jet liners. Just hit by them.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I lived in Santa Maria CA back in 2000. My friend had a pc game called sim city 2000.

I'm pretty impatient in city building so I used all the "cheats" available at the time...

All disasters were turned off. My budget surplus was in the millions, with over a million people.

I had the WTC towers in my city. I'm sitting there slobbering over myself with such pride...

Just then two black military jets appear and proceed to kill my towers...I guess not all disasters were disabled, it was claimed to be a terrorist attack...no more fun, so I put the game away thinking how stupid for the creators to toy with me like that...

Such a strange coincidence watching the towers fill the city with atomized particles throughout-that September mourn. It didn't get all gray like that on the video game though.

"Life" often imitates "art". For entertainment purposes only

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: and14263
An image worthy of note.

Not really, considering it's a hoax...

Were we born with the innate knowledge it was a hoax?

No, it was discussed and found to be a hoax. As with all hoaxes.

Jesus, no wonder people don't like posting on these forums.

Autistic keyboard bashers still attached to their mother via an umbilical chord - telling them they are wrong.

Long live the internet communities!
edit on 29-5-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Not necessarily, does not even have anything in there with more then just buildings being attacked, which would be in a whole lot of other videogames.

In fact there are many other things and pictures out there pre 911 which are more of a foretelling nature then that game, in fact in more games then that one most likely as well. Beavis and Butthead and the Simpsons having 911 planes crashing imagery terrorists are the least of it. No doubt you seen them, but here this site has a few of them.

Art generally imitates life and life generally imitates art, and generally its been done before as there is nothing new under the sun. Or maybe more...I mean does it matter when even those who's family members died seems to not care?
Link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join