It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SIMPLEST TRUTH

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
No answers or comments to my last post?

In the meantime, I would like to ask you about this part of your recent post:

originally posted by: VitaArcana
Thanks to that through my new position in the UN I will get the world council of all nations to vote for the dispersal and removal of all religions through out the world....

Questions?

How could this possibly work? People are not going to give up their religious life because religions are not the problem. It is when fanatics justify all kinds of separatism, even violence and other atrocities, that result in terrible problems.

The great religions were founded by realizers of the truth to one degree or another and they all speak a very similar message relative to living a life in God - and yes, people clearly need to be refreshed in the essential truths relative to unity, love, tolerance, etc., that can be found in their religion.

I certainly agree that there is far too much religious fundamentalism and intolerance - but that is not inherently the fault of religions. What is necessary is more a matter of helping people see that we are all part of one race - the human race - and can worship as we please, but also need to cooperate with one another and tolerate our differences. Then there can be peace.

You must presume that you are simply destined for this greatness because the platform you just described is certainly not going to get you elected by the people. Care to comment further on this?

edit on 6/1/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bb23108
No answers or comments to my last post?

In the meantime, I would like to ask you about this part of your recent post:

Thanks to that through my new position in the UN I will get the world council of all nations to vote for the dispersal and removal of all religions through out the world....

Questions?

How could this possibly work? People are not going to give up their religious life because religions are not the problem. It is when fanatics justify all kinds of separatism, even violence and other atrocities, that result in terrible problems.

The great religions were founded by realizers of the truth to one degree or another and they all speak a very similar message relative to living a life in God - and yes, people clearly need to be refreshed in the essential truths relative to unity, love, tolerance, etc., that can be found in their religion.

I certainly agree that there is far too much religious fundamentalism and intolerance - but that is not inherently the fault of religions. What is necessary is more a matter of helping people see that we are all part of one race - the human race - and can worship as we please, but also need to cooperate with one another and tolerate our differences. Then there can be peace.

You must presume that you are simply destined for this greatness because the platform you just described is certainly not going to get you elected by the people. Care to comment further on this?

Don't worry the way ISIS is spreading and the coming war in Middle East will set the stage/platform perfectly not to mention a few other things....

Politics is rather funny the fact that people think they can elect people as they have a choice, in reality it's all about connections the little and big things that really count..... Yet what many people think is that it is all about destiny and the path set out by whatever deity people warship... It's not really about destiny or paths, it is about right and if you got the right right you can tap your heels together twice and wish the magic words...

There are two types of pain in this world useless pain and the pain that makes you stronger, unfortunately there is no room for useless pain that is a very big list.....

At times humanity can be like a virus and Earth is the patient/host, eventually the virus will consume the host or the host will eradicate the virus... But you end up with the same result in which ever scenario the host is always reborn a new, while the virus is no more.... This right here is what the so called many 1's consider us and why there is so much panic about depopulation plans....
edit on 1-6-2015 by VitaArcana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The truth is a whole lot simpler...

a reply to: VitaArcana

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: cooperton

The thing humanity does not realize is that they are killing themselves...

they? or we?

It is easy for "us" to blame "them" for how unsustainable our world is. For example, do you drive a car? Then you can't put the blame on "them" because it is you demanding the oil, and thus fueling the unsustainability. Even as I write on my laptop now I am using energy for the laptop to be powered; that energy is created by burning fossil fuels.

Is everything you purchase biodegradable? Is all your food organic? Do you participate in altruistic endeavors?

My point is, it is US who must make the change, we can't sit back idly and complain about "them". Fix your self and the world will follow.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Your response did not answer my question about your plan to eradicate all religions. Again, how could that possibly work?

You do realize that when times are bleakest is when people hold on to their religious convictions the most, right?

What you are describing seems more like some kind of dictatorship/totalitarianism would be necessary to at least eliminate the organized aspect of religion.

Comments?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Religion would no longer be required in an enlightened world
But we live in a world where many subscribe to it
So we must work with it when we encounter it
Most are not fanatics or zealots ... just people like you and I ...
all sharing this experience of being alive on Earth

Each on their path ... each with their own struggles ... ask a hungry man if he wants enlightenment or a crust of bread ... or someone who has fallen if they require a helping hand ...
The soul is hungry for subsistence
Humanity has stumbled

There is no one truth ... there are many truths

edit on 1-6-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

In an enlightened world, religion would be once again founded in recognizing the Divine and responding through devotional surrender to the Truth. Such surrender would likely continue to manifest bodily as spontaneous acts of devotional love through ecstatic dance, song, praise, sacred rituals, real community service, etc. - as was the case for many religions originally.

This tacit recognition of the Divine is what has been lost for the most part in today's religions, but in an enlightened world, that is a given - by definition.
edit on 6/1/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

But we live in a world where many subscribe to it
So we must work with it when we encounter it
Most are not fanatics or zealots ... just people like you and I ...
all sharing this experience of being alive on Earth

Each on their path ... each with their own struggles ... ask a hungry man if he wants enlightenment or a crust of bread ... or someone who has fallen if they require a helping hand ...
The soul is hungry for subsistence
Humanity has stumbled

There is no one truth ... there are many truths

Eh.... hmmm.... ummmmm....ok

True in many factors and things indeed.... Yet

People will always kick and scream and struggle... However, the result will always be the same!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
The truth is a whole lot simpler...

The truth of there is no freewill? or Is it the other truth?

M tends to get things mixed up here and there, however, he is a great guide/source of information...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There is neither freewill or no free will nor any combination of assertion or negation of combinatorial complexes of those ideas, or any idea.

edit on 2-6-2015 by starswift because: lang

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

In an enlightened world, religion would be once again founded in recognizing the Divine and responding through devotional surrender to the Truth. Such surrender would likely continue to manifest bodily as spontaneous acts of devotional love through ecstatic dance, song, praise, sacred rituals, real community service, etc. - as was the case for many religions originally.

This tacit recognition of the Divine is what has been lost for the most part in today's religions, but in an enlightened world, that is a given - by definition

All the things you mention such as dance, song, praise and serving others do not require any religion

Religion is founded by taking truth and twisting it for the benefit of power/control and prestige by it's leaders
Why not just have truth unembellished ... discussion than preaching and rules

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

People will always kick and scream and struggle... However, the result will always be the same!

Many People will accept truth ... if it is presented in a way they can come to their own understanding of ...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

All the things you mention such as dance, song, praise and serving others do not require any religion

They don't require any religion, but that does not mean they do not spontaneously manifest as devotional responses to the Divine. People getting together for such sacred occasions based on the founder's relationship with them, is what religion was originally about.

Religion is founded by taking truth and twisting it for the benefit of power/control and prestige by it's leaders
Why not just have truth unembellished ... discussion than preaching and rules

Truth is always unembellished as it is unconditional. Religion is one of the means for people with common paths to express their love of Truth.

I understand these principles have been lost for many, but I am talking about the origins of religion based on the initial relationship to a truth-realizer. Most religions have such a one, or at least it is presumed by the followers - Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, etc., all have such a presumed founder and his teachings.

edit on 6/2/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

They don't require any religion, but that does not mean they do not spontaneously manifest as devotional responses to the Divine.

However ... Religion is not spontaneous ... it is organised and follows rules and ritual
Is a joyful child skipping through a flowering meadow a religious act

Truth is always unembellished as it is unconditional. Religion is one of the means for people with common paths to express their love of Truth.

People who belong to a religion are governed by those who lay down the rules of that religion.
Also having a priest /agent act as intercessor for their particular god.

I understand these principles have been lost for many, but I am talking about the origins of religion based on the initial relationship to a truth-realizer. Most religions have such a one, or at least it is presumed by the followers - Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, etc., all have such a presumed founder and his teachings

Religion takes it upon itself to be the authority to govern other's life's

The truth is we each can govern our own life's and be in accord / harmony with Universal Law without the need of priests / agents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join