It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sight Never Seen by Human Eyes is Coming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
New Horizons is just so AWESOME!!! Hurtling towards Pluto at 750,000 miles per day (!!!), it is officially sending back the best and clearest photos of Pluto anyone on Earth has ever seen. And they are just going to keep getting better! What will we see towards the end of June when these pics become an estimated 5,000(!!!) times better? NO ONE KNOWS!!! (Sorry about not posting the pics, I still am having issues with the site on that front. . . )

Link: news.discovery.com...

A SIGHT NEVER SEEN BY HUMAN EYES IS COMING!!!

edit on 5/28/2015 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod edit--All Caps - Don't use them

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Ah, finally!

I was waiting to get a closer look at Pluto.

Hm, not bad for a first glance of the dwarf planet!

Here is the pic everyone:

edit on 28-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Thanks much for sharing the pics for me, no idea what the deal is with my upload to the site issues, lol. I cannot wait for late June!!! FREAKING PLUTO!!!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
jaffo,

could you please edit your OP and change the title so it is not all upper caps? Else the mods will have to do it.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Quite fascinating a (dwarf) planet, Pluto is.

First off this little gem has five moons. Five!

Plus, Pluto's barycenter relative to Charon lies outside of Pluto itself (making the Pluto-Charon relation behave like a binary system):

edit on 28-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Does this mean that we should see Nibiru if it exists?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

As funny as that was meant to be, technically no.

Voyager2 is the more likely candidate to find that if it continues to broadcast once it reaches the end of th Sun's gravity influence and enters the Oort cloud. Although it's far more likely to get destroyed before that lol

Also, it would have to physically exist lol Which it doesn't.

~Tenth

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Long answer: no. Nibiru (if it exist) is probably somewhere in the Oort cloud, which is ridiculously wast to search. And we know no big planets exist near Pluto, otherwise the latter's orbit would be affected by Nibiru's gravitational field. Thus it is unlikely that New Horizon will accidentally stumble upon Nibiru as it will be scanning Pluto.

Short answer: see long answer.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

As funny as that was meant to be, technically no.

Voyager2 is the more likely candidate to find that if it continues to broadcast once it reaches the end of th Sun's gravity influence and enters the Oort cloud. Although it's far more likely to get destroyed before that lol

Also, it would have to physically exist lol Which it doesn't.

~Tenth
Do you have absolute proof it does not? I don't know, will reserve my judgement for now!
If it doesn't then a lot of whats been recorded a long time ago was just imagination. We will know in December this or next year for sure!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Do you have absolute proof it does not?

I do actually.

Something that large, cannot hide itself from us.

Period.

Thousands, upon thousands of amateur astronomers would be looking into the sky going " what the hell is that?!".

And it would also be visible to us...oh...40 years before it ever came close to earth? About that I figure.

Nothing that big, moving that slowly ( as planets go) would be able to go unnoticed for that long.

If it doesn't then a lot of whats been recorded a long time ago was just imagination.

The people who recorded this also thought the world was sitting on top of a large crocodile. Show me a Mayan Astrophysicist and then we can talk

~Tenth

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Good Lord. . . I should have seen the Niburu stuff coming, lol. Ugh.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Long answer: no. Nibiru (if it exist) is probably somewhere in the Oort cloud, which is ridiculously wast to search. And we know no big planets exist near Pluto, otherwise the latter's orbit would be affected by Nibiru's gravitational field...

There may in fact be a big planet the exists in the Oort cloud, but if has been there since the beginning (i.e., its orbit keeping it far away from us), then it isn't "Nibiru".

"Nibiru" is not just a place-holder name for any yet-to-be discovered planet, but rather has a specific definition of a planet with a 3600-year orbit that brings it into the inner solar system. So there may be a "Planet X" out there, but that does not mean it is Nibiru.

edit on 5/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Do you have absolute proof it does not?

I do actually.

Something that large, cannot hide itself from us.

Period.

Thousands, upon thousands of amateur astronomers would be looking into the sky going " what the hell is that?!".

And it would also be visible to us...oh...40 years before it ever came close to earth? About that I figure.

Nothing that big, moving that slowly ( as planets go) would be able to go unnoticed for that long.

If it doesn't then a lot of whats been recorded a long time ago was just imagination.

The people who recorded this also thought the world was sitting on top of a large crocodile. Show me a Mayan Astrophysicist and then we can talk

~Tenth
I dont wish to enter into a debate with someone who clearly has more knowledge than I about the subject. But wasnt there stuff recorded by a number of ancient civils? Sumarians to name one?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

But wasnt there stuff recorded by a number of ancient civils? Sumarians to name one?

Those do exist, but the person who claimed they were about nibiru, namely Zacharia Sitchin, has been shown to be a fraud and mostly just using incompetent translations.

Like the above poster stated, it is possible there is a large body inside the Oort cloud, which would explain the slingshot effect of comets and other asteroids that come out from it, but as it stands now we have no data to prove it.

~Tenth

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You will begin to see Niburu with the setting of the Sun, toward the west. As it draws closer, it will be seen with the naked eye in all geographical location on earth. So they say.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

But wasnt there stuff recorded by a number of ancient civils? Sumarians to name one?

Those do exist, but the person who claimed they were about nibiru, namely Zacharia Sitchin, has been shown to be a fraud and mostly just using incompetent translations.

Like the above poster stated, it is possible there is a large body inside the Oort cloud, which would explain the slingshot effect of comets and other asteroids that come out from it, but as it stands now we have no data to prove it.

~Tenth
When will we know? Neptune is affected by something is it not?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nice thread Op; can't wait for close ups of Pluto (and it's moons) Is it a planet or not? Close up photos should revive this debate!

The Nibiru theory - if what it is written about this planet is true then it would be extremely hard to detect, and could NEVER be detected by amateur astronomers because it is a red planet which can ONLY be detected by Infra-Red Telescopes (an extremely expensive telescope only owned by corporations)

Personally, from what Sitchin wrote..Nibiru is no more - it exploded upon impact with another planet in our solar system which is probably the remnants that make up our inner asteroid belt (IMO) and Nibiru's core could very well be our moon!

Anyhow - great find Op..can't wait for the close ups!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Maybe never.

Voyager isn't likely to be able to broadcast that far, at least not with any accuracy. We'd need to send another craft capable of long distance communication. Considering it took Voyager like..30 + years to get where it is now, we'd need something much faster as well.

And then there's the very likely possibility that upon entering the Oort cloud, whatever we send gets destroyed by the millions of asteroids and whatever else is floating around in there, before we even get the first stream of data back.

~Tenth

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Is the shadow lower left the terminator line, or is it more likely some other dog had bitten a lump out of Pluto..it sure looks like it.

Actually looking again, I think both is there, terminator persists at lower left for first and second pictures L/R while a little different in shape between them, then the third looking at 'the bite' head on.
edit on 28-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Show me a Mayan Astrophysicist and then we can talk

I am pretty sure this is a Mayan astrophysicist:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join