It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: Server Migration Is Complete

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Seems my ancient avatar was lost along the way. Its fine, just noting it perhaps as a bug? I noticed in the avatar "how to thread" most of those images are broken as well - www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit to add I can't seem to actually add an avatar either? I'm on a mac using safari, maybe I am just doing it wrong, clicking down the arrow on the right and the option that comes up in account is the paypal contribution and youtube subscription.
edit on 28-5-2015 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hi,

not sure if this issue is related to the server migration or not, but a thread i just posted in regional politics is not showing up on recent threads, might be a glitch????

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Marid Audran

You might want to check out this thread for avatar help

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: stonerwilliam

There are a couple of minor issues that will get update in the very near future. Most of the problems are related to some of the legacy code isn't compatible with the new server software. It was a decision of spending weeks trouble-shooting minor non-critical site features before we migrate -- or migrate and fix the issues over time.

Thanks for the hard work! Great job!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Video ads are gone for me.... yay!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble accessing from Chromebook?

I'm good on my iPhone and iPad.

edit on 28-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Does someone know why i can't send a PM?
Says error and the numbers change?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ukmicky1980
not sure if this issue is related to the server migration or not, but a thread i just posted in regional politics is not showing up on recent threads, might be a glitch????

Have you remembered that "regional politics" is in the Off-topic half of the boards, and ckecked there?

P.S. Just looked. Yes, that's where it shows up.
edit on 29-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Can't get threads to open from the 'Live Feeds' page (now). I don't know when it started.

Using the 'down arrow' icon (next to the logout icon ... can't resolve 'account' or 'members' pages.

Server migrations can be a bear. Good luck you guys!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don't suppose someone could please grab this pic from the old server and put it somewhere on the new server so I can have my avatar back (when account features are reinstated) ?

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/member/c1becf1fb596.png on this server."

Until then I remain a nameless, faceless, useless android.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: ArMaP

09:00 AM PST equals:

16:00 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time )
17:00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - Portugal time

I thought that would be 5 am UTC on Friday. No? Well I'm bad at math so don't trust me, I do know UK (greenwhich mean time ) is 8 hrs ahead

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
First congratulations for the good work you guys did here

Don't know if anyone already notice, or is just happening with me. I can't see/edit my account, my screen just stays "blank"/clean, like this:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Looks like SO has left the building for the night and will be back tomorrow. I saw another member with the same avatar problem you are having (I think) if not then similar to. Here's their post:

originally posted by: Marid Audran
Seems my ancient avatar was lost along the way. Its fine, just noting it perhaps as a bug? I noticed in the avatar "how to thread" most of those images are broken as well - www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit to add I can't seem to actually add an avatar either? I'm on a mac using safari, maybe I am just doing it wrong, clicking down the arrow on the right and the option that comes up in account is the paypal contribution and youtube subscription.

It'll be straightened out tomorrow, just keep an eye on the west coast for us in the meantime, k? We need you!

STM

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Something I noticed and not sure if it has anything to do with the current migration, but when I did a search just now I noticed something peculiar and you are probably just the right person to ask and answer:

The search brings up past articles but it does not specify a date when it was posted and I would think that would be helpful in determining whether or not a subject should be revisited, also, while it gives you a link it does not specify who wrote it either, also, might be helpful, otherwise you have to click on a particular link to find that out.

Us Kats can be damn lazy and impatient!

And the preview button doesn't work, either, fortunately, the reply one does and I think the edit does, so creates a little extra work without the preview, but I will survive!

Also, in retrospect, I should say Thank You for providing such an awesome experience otherwise, independent of the current migration.

I, also, think that it is great that someone as busy as you must be makes the time to converse with us little folk!

But for those of us that really annoy you perhaps this will help

(since I can not preview, this may require several edits)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I was having trouble viewing anything at all on ATS, tried Firefox, Google Chrome, and Explorer.

If I typed in abovetopsecret.com

all I got was a basic unformatted page

that would not let me log in or click to view anything -

except: Who the owners were; who the super mods are; who the mods are; who was currently logged on to ATS

I finally found an old link to an old page I had bookmarked and used that as entry to ATS.

It has taken 2 days to get into ATS.

I input that page into all three browsers and was finally able to enter the site. I bookmarked the login page in each browser.

It really looked to me like someone was trying to prevent all access to ATS.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thank you.

Can get on with Chromebook now. There are still a few quirks in the button symbols.

Getting squiggle characters.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Marid Audran

You might want to check out this thread for avatar help

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, I got a new one in there, just mostly commenting that the old one was gone - I'd had it for years and it was created about 5 computers ago ;-) so this one will have to do.

More importantly was the comment about the images for the how to being broken, but I guess that those were all old anyway and no longer relevant?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Moving between pages has become annoyingly S-L-O-W for me. I can hit "NEW" and 10 full seconds later, it finally comes up. It makes moving around the board frustrating.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

WOW...

They are incredibly fast for me both at home and here at work..

I would say at least 25% faster than before..

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Very impressed at how fast all this was done. The site has been working great for me. Have not had all the little problems others have had. Except for not being able to access the account page, but that is fixed for me now. Guess I was lucky.

Thanks for all the hard work.
edit on 29-5-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join