It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black sheep of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Fair enough. However, that concept makes me wonder, am I a black sheep among black sheep? Does that make me and others like me typical? Normal? As for me, knowing myself, I'd say not entirely.

At best, I'm a gray sheep.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Been a member since 2005 and been mostly lurking and watching. I like the discussions. Even if some of them seem like sermons being shoved down people's throats . It's interesting to know how my fellows think.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

From the Broadway show Wicked.

Elphaba ('Wicked' witch of the west) was an outcast. She was ridiculed and gossiped about. She was falsely accused by her peers and none would apologize for their nasty accusations and remarks. One day she realizes that she has more power than any of them. She can 'fly solo' over their heads while they are stuck on the ground wallowing in their nastiness.

'I may be flying solo but at least I'm flying free.'

You can fly. The detractors or those who ignore you are spiritually shackled to the ground.

I liked this so much that I added it to my signature here at ATS.

To the OP - It's not exactly the same thing - but consider yourself flying solo and flying free.

edit on 6/3/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You're not a misfit unless your post count exceeds your start count.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sometimes i feel inadequate compared to other posters who have statistics and knowledge etc. my post come from personal and passion, and i find it hard to always get my thoughts into words..

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

OMGosh yaaaaas!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: amberinsc

I will be your friend. I am pretty new here and I still learning how to navigate this site. What do the flags and stars mean? Mostly I just click on stuff and read.

The *star* is the only way you get to know if anyone has read

your post!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Awesome post dude a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Reading ATS makes me feel like I have diarrhea at work. I know I have to stay but I really want to leave...

Know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

That is epically accurate.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

*Bows*

Thank you, I do what I can.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I feel like a misfit too. I'm not popular, and I feel like my views are very much in the minority.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone regarding this feeling.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I know I have ruffled some feathers and made some people angry. And I know I have said some things that people just do not believe. I wish I could prove a few of these things that really matter, but I cant.

I am not politically correct. I think political correctness is killing this country. I say how I feel without fear. That bothers some people. Sorry, but I tell it like it is. If I say something that turns out to be wrong, I will admit it. But I won't agree with you just because you are offended with something I said. I try not to intentionally offend people. Sometimes I fail.

I get wrapped up in political issues. Its one of the more divisive topics and people are often deeply entrenched in their beliefs. Trying to demonstrate a differing opinion is tantamount to assaulting the very fiber of their being. Daring to disagree is cause to be vilified and belittled. Yet, often people seem to forget to apply that rule to themselves.

I am sorry if something I post is not 'up to snuff' for some people. It may never be. But then I see other posts by some of the people who seem so angry at me and it makes me wonder... It seems like all they do is hunt for people who express view or opinions like mine, attack them, and move on to the next target. I don't get that. I don't have that much free time. It makes no sense to me to devote so much time to something that obviously upsets them so much. It really makes me wonder what their true motive is.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Perhaps a thread that caters to the VantaBlack Sheep subset here on ATS is in order?!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Pretty much a black sheep everywhere I go, and I'm ok with that.

I embrace it.

And so I rarely even try to "fit in" or make friends anymore.

Bah

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I feel what you're saying.

What I find the most difficult in life, are the "believers". The ones who believe the official story. Or the one's who believe it was Aliens who blackmailed Elvis into doing it.

It would appear that there is NEVER any middle ground. NEVER any degree of grey . Just black and white.

I also find that the degree of attacks here are borderline ludicrous. Several members specifically come to mind. It is as if they exist to say "No, you're Wrong" rather than ask questions, attempt to understand.

Understanding doesn't have to mean you drank the kool-aid.

Oh, and then my personal favorite..the ones who think they're going to "win" the "argument". Yeah. Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Been here a long time and am a black-black sheep but only because I am also very introverted. I'm not very "talky" although I love to listen/read other peoples ideas. Express myself more in art and music.

My family has always made it clear I am a black sheep so I expect it from everyone else, which is kind of why I'm here in a dysfunctional round a bout way. I do not feel anyone here pushes me to fit in like others do to me LOL messed up

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
i honestly wouldn't know

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I feel like I fit right in-

A group of people who have in common the perception they are "different" and individualist,
or at least strive to be, considering it somewhat more "enlightened" to be so.

No matter how loud we cry that from the rootftops,
we're all crying out the same thing...heheh!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't fit in anywhere at all. I suck completely at any sort of social interaction.

I once did make friends from here. that failed miserably, and now there exists in this world people who would pour petrol on me if I were on fire.

Safer that I just keep away and not inflict my miserable lot on anyone else.

Having said that, the U2U system here sucks as I have to check sometimes in order to see if there is anything new, as I em both losing old U2U messages (apparently they expire now) and they dont appear as new :/

and now I'm too scared to reply.

You're better off that way anyway, I literally am poison. I'm not going to do that to anyone again. 70+ people who pretty much hate my guts.

I can't even steal an avatar without making a point of it

-- Sorry Cody lol

edit on 22-9-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join