It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - you Have To Stop Blaming Obama!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
We have to stop blaming individuals who we "vote" into office. It doesn't matter if we elect Big Bird or Snoopy, we've lost control of the country. The country is being run by corporate interests.

I know, I know -- it's far easier to point at a man and say, "That guy did it!". It's much easier to have a face to associate your hate and anger. The thing is, it wouldn't matter who is in the White House or elected to congress:

Princeton University study: Public opinion has “near-zero” impact on U.S. law.

Professors Martin Gilens (Princeton University) and Benjamin I. Page (Northwestern University) looked at more than 20 years worth of data to answer a simple question: Does the government represent the people?

Their study took data from nearly 2000 public opinion surveys and compared it to the policies that ended up becoming law. In other words, they compared what the public wanted to what the government actually did. What they found was extremely unsettling: The opinions of 90% of Americans have essentially no impact at all.

Gilens & Page found that the number of Americans for or against any idea has no impact on the likelihood that Congress will make it law.

“The preferences of the average American appear to have only a miniscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy.”

One thing that does have an influence? Money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a “statistically non-significant impact,” Economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.

Represent.us

The powers that buy and control the government WANT us to quibble over political heads. These corporate factions want us to smear, debase, argue and complain about the people we are "allowed" to elect.

Why? Because if we are distracted by dividing lines we won't notice the money that's being used to buy the government. If we are constantly bickering and arguing among ourselves, we won't see that the government has been hijacked by the rich and powerful. We are being blinded by talking heads, pushed and prodded to fight like peon gladiators over scraps of political garbage.

None of your rabble rousing will do anything. None of your votes matter, and blaming Obama is completely pointless.
edit on 29-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think there are plenty of changes he has personally decided to implement that I can blame him for so I will continue to look upon him as far as the title goes as a complete disgrace. responsible for plenty of bad. The same goes for the last president, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that and the....well you get the drift.
As a person...maybe he's a good guy who would be fun to hang out with. But that goes for the last president too, and the one before that.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

List of grievances?

I see a lot of people jumping on an Obama hate bandwagon, but rarely do they give a list of what things the man has done that personally have made their life worse.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Why? Because if we are distracted by dividing lines we won't notice the money that's being used to buy the government. If we are constantly bickering and arguing among ourselves, we won't see that the government has been hijacked by the rich and powerful. We are being blinded by talking heads, pushed and prodded to fight like peon gladiators over scraps of political garbage.

Thank you MM, you have put my main point out there in far better terms that I did!

edit on 29-5-2015 by BennyHavensOh because: Clarification

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'll give you two that have hit me personally.
1) Obamacare hasn't made my life better. My insurance is more expensive with less coverage. It would have been cheaper to just insure all the uninsured. It was a fraud to begin with. His baby.
2) His illegal executive amnesty folly has had a negative impact on not one but two emergency rooms in my area causing one to close completely.

I'll give you two that are opinions that I think have a negative effect everybody.
1) his foray into all things race related with his personal opinions has created a dangerous atmosphere for law enforcement and caused race relations to be at an all time low.
2) his use of the IRS to punish his political enemies while having a AG that ran cover for him has set a precedent that will hurt us all regardless of which corrupt president gets in power.

Now for the one that just pissed me off. (does that count as an effect or affect?)
Sending Susan Rice to blame the Benghazi attack on a video when it is and was at the time obvious it was a 9/11 anniversary attack.

edit on 5/29/2015 by howmuch4another because: autocorrect sucks...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What you said is true, but I've been saying the same thing for years now. I laugh every time I hear Obama is the anti Christ, or an evil genius bent on destroying America or a power mad criminal master mind or a marxist or moslem working for the enemy. Whats even funnier is when he's held up as some scholar genius who's hated because he's black or that he's a wunderkind who rose to the heights of power based on his ability despite all the odds against him. He's a stooge. A lackey. A construct. Groomed and put in place by those who own both parties and can rig the political landscape to get what they want. He's owned completely and completely reliant upon handlers to tell him what to say, what to do, what to think. He's counting the days until he can get out of there and get some time to just quit the charade and stop pretending. He'll get his $$$$ payoff and when all is said and done, THEN we'll uncover startling new revelations about him but it will all be after the fact.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Dutchowl because: typo

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I see that we can't blame Obama for things, but I remember sites like Sorry Everybody where the so-called "half of America" posted pictures apologizing for the re-election of Bush.

So I guess that people have short memories. If it's Bush, you most definitely can apologize/blame the politician and the electorate and everyone but yourself.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh Great, Here comes Michael Jackson with his pop corn.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
What you said is true, but I've been saying the same thing for years now. I laugh every time I hear Obama is the anti Christ, or an evil genius bent on destroying America or a power mad criminal master mind or a marxist or moslem working for the enemy. Whats even funnier is when he's held up as some scholar genius who's hated because he's black or that he's a wunderkind who rose to the heights of power based on his ability despite all the odds against him. He's a stooge. A lackey. A construct. Groomed and put in place by those who own both parties and can rig the political landscape to get what they want. He's owned completely and completely reliant upon handlers to tell him what to say, what to do, what to think. He's counting the days until he can get out of there and get some time to just quit the charade and stop pretending. He'll get his $$$$ payoff and when all is said and done, THEN we'll uncover startling new revelations about him but it will all be after the fact.

I felt like vomiting after I read your reply because it was so to the point true that it made me sick. I know it is not right nor should it be that we hang onto the past errors by these sellouts, but whatever happen to being held accountable? Without accountability they have license to kill. If this country cannot restore accountability to those who lead it then it is surely doomed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This ia an issue HERE...
www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

But, but, Obama is the president, who else will be blame, he will be blamed way into the next president term

That is how things work in our nation.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And we certainly CAN blame him, but what has been happening is that the next loser blames the previous loser well into their second term and by the time everybody figures out the new guy is screwing us too, its way too late and then everyone gets distracted about which loser is going to get the chance to screw us next. The cycle has been repeating for decades now and I question how much longer do we have to put up with it and how long before it destroys the country?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BennyHavensOh
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Is it not sad that this the next sellout's failure is a foregone conclusion?

No...not sad. Justified. Get someone good in there for a change and maybe they can at least fix some of what Obama has done. But it will be decades to undo it all. If it is possible.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I have been posting on sites such as this for years and have always been loud and clear in my knowledge, NOT belief that without leadership of character we are all doomed. I am by no means even close to being omnipotent, but from where I sit, there are absolutely ZERO indications that leadership and/or character are absolutely dead in the system that has taken over America. If someone out there can tell me that I am wrong or point out hope somewhere out there I would gladly reconsider my statement. Please, please tell me I am wrong...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just for yuks:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Wow, great logic. "But your honor, even though I pulled the trigger and killed a man, someone told me to do it. Punish them, not me. I was only doing what I was told!"

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

How about we say "Don't blame just Obama."

He's the head of state, the blame ultimately lies with him, as does any credit. But there's plenty to spread around. Both to him, and his sycophants; not to mention the "loyal" opposition.
edit on 6/1/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Quite right. Plenty of room for Hillary, Jarret, Kerry, Pelosi, Reid, Rahmbo and the rest in there.

edit on 1-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

...and McConnell, Cornyn, Thune, Hatch.

Not to mention...McCarthy, Scalise, McMorris-Rogers.

Be sure to remember, it takes two sides to screw things up this badly.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The list of clowns goes on and on. No circus is complete without them. Let's not forget the ringmasters: corporations. This video was in another thread but I'm putting it here, if you don't mind. It fits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join