It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of Sandy Hook-or-Hoax - Backfired In Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

And while both Seagraves [, Texas] and Levelland [, Texas] credit the service and protection of area law enforcement, they say the policy is just another step forward.

"They could respond in minutes but we here can respond in seconds." says Kevin Spiller, Seagraves [, Texas] Superintendent.

Spiller says in the beginning, the community was given a survey that generated the public's opinion on the issue.

"The survey showed an overwhelming majority was in favor," Spiller says.

"The safety and well being of our students is one of our primary responsibilities."

Levelland and Seagraves Texas Teachers
Reflect On One Year of Guns-on-Campus

Photos of Some NEW Texas School Signs

-
OPINION:

Examples of ... Realistic-Gun-Control.

( i.e. not a 'fantasy' solution )

edit on 27-5-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Makes sense although I think students should also be allowed to defend themselves.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Makes sense although I think students should also be allowed to defend themselves.

'Good Grief Greencmp !!!' ... (or i may begin to call you charlie brown).

You MUST be 21 Years Of Age to ...

Carry a Concealed-Handgun in Texas.

( i.e. students aren't allowed to carry ).

-
Texas Concealed Handgun - FAQs

Notice: Answer to Question #13.

your application may not be submitted prior to your 21st birthday.

-
The Texas Law on Handguns Makes Sense ...

as does requiring a driver's license

to drive a (potentially lethal-n-deadly) car.

edit on 27-5-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
America is an intense country.

What a little shady and false-flag seeming event can do to a country...

Airport security, school security, public transport security, police in every range of a block..

Tight.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

originally posted by: greencmp

'Good Grief Greencmp !!!' ... (or i may begin to call you charlie brown).

You MUST be 21 Years Of Age to ...

Carry a Concealed-Handgun in Texas.

( i.e. students aren't allowed to carry ).

-
Texas Concealed Handgun - FAQs

Notice: Answer to Question #13.

your application may not be submitted prior to your 21st birthday.

-
The Texas Law on Handguns Makes Sense ...

as does requiring a driver's license

to drive a (potentially lethal-n-deadly) car.

I never would have expected Texas of all places to step on peoples right to bear arms. When a person becomes a legal adult they have every right to carry if they wish. This is just more BS laws created by the man in a attempt to keep the people unarmed and therefore more easy to control.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I completely agree.

edit on 27-5-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I also don't believe that there should be a registry of any kind. If it works, it works.

We will see how it works in Kansas.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

"Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them."

-Walter Mondale

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Don't forget that they just recently passed a law allowing concealed carry in Texas, too--another thing that surprised me was not an option before now.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Don't forget that they just recently passed a law allowing concealed carry in Texas, too--another thing that surprised me was not an option before now.

Your wires are crossed. Concealed carry has been legal in Texas for many years now. You have to take a class be licensed to do so, but it's been here awhile now. Open carry is all the rage now. I guess if you want to look like a real "cowboy" ya need yer gun a showin' or some such. Works for me. now the criminals will know who to take out first.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

Your wires are crossed. Concealed carry has been legal in Texas for many years now. You have to take a class be licensed to do so, but it's been here awhile now. Open carry is all the rage now. I guess if you want to look like a real "cowboy" ya need yer gun a showin' or some such. Works for me. now the criminals will know who to take out first.

The state in which I reside, Washington, is an open carry state. In my life the only time I witnessed a person open carry was traversing woods while fishing local rivers for steelhead. With the current political climate in my state, and the rise of the fanatical faction of the anti-gun agenda, a person that open carried in an urban setting might find themselves a victim of "swatting".

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

Yes, yes, I did get those wires crossed (I knew what I meant to write, just typed out "concealed" instead of "open" for pistols). Good catch.

I tend to think like you--I carry concealed because I don't want to be the obvious target by someone I can't see coming.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

People seem to think this is he solution without considering the additional risks - knee-jerk "guns for everyone!!!!" bs.

I wonder what's going to happen when (not if) some other nutter walks in to start shooting. It would already be bad enough, but now you'll have bullets flying in all directions, by poorly trained teachers who will absolutely panic, putting more kids at risk of being shot.

I don't care how people want to try to spin this into a good plan, it's absolutely not.

Instead of having one person firing on hundreds, you're going to have several people all firing in different directions, not knowing who is firing where. Then the police will arrive, and who do they shoot? Do they spend an hour trying to work out who is a good guy and who is a shooter? Or do they put the lives of the kids first (as they profess they want to) and shoot EVERYONE with a gun?

If you reject this reality in favor of your pro-gun "arm everyone" simple-minded nonsense then there is something wrong with you.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Are you ok with armed police officers in schools?

What about teachers who have a concealed handgun license and extensive firearm instruction?

What about a history teacher who is a former infantry Marine with 3 tours in a combat zone?

I'm just trying to gauge if your rant was based on pure hoplophobia, Statism, or a combination of both.

new topics

top topics

join