It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help! crazy housemate moved in :(

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: confusedandaware

Yes, you did the right thing! Stand your ground! No one should be made to feel uncomfortable in their own home. I'd get your other room mates to stand up to her as well. She obviously has some issues, but you and your other room mates shouldn't have to pay for it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Can all of you kick her out? I really don't understand how she came to live there or what the rules are, if any.

The landlord moved in she is a tennant
and this is and has always been a friendly reasonably clean house not a pig sty
but she is a clean freak and has tried to force us to become full time cleaners/ full maintence ev ery day and is just bossing us around despite only being here a day or two

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Sorry in advance but all i could think of was this . Just tell her " you want everything spotless , inspect this " then drop your dacks and bend over .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Alright easy solution. I come over. We tell your new roommate that I'm also a new roommate, that I will be sleeping on the couch and that you have already discussed this with the manager. Obviously I'm not really gunna be your roommate but she won't be let in on that.

I promis to be passed out by 9am on the living room couch in my boxers clenching a polished off bottle of vodka (it will really be water, but she won't know that) and sporting food stains all down the front if me. I have long hair so I'll make sure I look like a Neanderthal the entire time. I'll go through your fridge and sample all the Tupperware containers of food...by sinking my unwashed hands into the food pulling it out smelling my hand reacting in disgust and then flicking the offending food off my hands and back into the tupperwear and putting it back in the fridge. I'll be doing this right in front of her. If she protests I'll simply give her a dead stare take a swig of some room temp beer and belch in response. This will all be before 10 am.

Next I will invite "my friends" over. Which will turn out to be a bunch of actors pretending to be bikers. We will proceed to play dominoes slamming the dominoes onto the living room table hard while discussing how were going to break Rex out of jail.
By 2 in the afternoon I will insist on her meeting Jake my new pet scorpion. Later that same day ill act freaked out running around the flat holding jakes empty cage ( i returned him to the wild but she wont know that) screaming " oh no!! Jakes loose help me find him he loves to hide in bedsheets. "

I guarantee by 4 in the afternoon she will be moving out.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Love it! I think it will work! LOL

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It sounds like you live in shared accommodation.

Call a meeting and set ground rules for the newcomer.

OR...

Call a secret meeting to discuss the newcomer.

It's not like you have to deal with her on your own, is it? What do the others think?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: confusedandaware You must go over house rules with this person. People should divide reasonable cleaning of common areas. It should be made clear that you and others thought the state of the house was reasonable. If she wants to clean further in common areas, she can. However, she is NOT to throw anything away other than rotten food that is not in the refridgerator. (she can point out rotten food to the owner of it that it is in the fridge and rotten and could they please toss it).

I have rented rooms in my home for about 10 years. I have had good and bad housemates, mainly good. We divide some of the cleaning of the common areas and people clean up after themselves. We take turns taking out the kitchen garbage, we put in $$ for the lawn to be mowed or snow to be plowed.

I once had a renter who was a neat freak. He would clean all the time, which is not a bad thing. However, he would have a FIT if my 9 year old daughter made the living room table sticky with juice or something after he had cleaned it. The tiny fits over tiny things continued. I think it was 2 weeks and I told him he should probably find a home where a child doesn't live or a studio apartment. He moved 2 days later.

edit on 9-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Picture of food my current renter left in the vegetable bin. I put it on facebook and called it "Soylent Green is John K.'s Food!" He saw the post and threw it out. I just thought it was funny.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Is it just the two of you as roommates?

If so, you need to:

1) First talk to the new girl. State your case, and that living together has to be on BOTH of your terms, not just hers. Draw up an actual agreement if you have to.

If that doesn't work. THEN....

2) Talk to the landlord. State your case, and rely on the fact you've been a loyal tenant without complaints, yet new girl is driving you crazy.

If there is another or other roommates involved, how do they feel? If they agree with you, time to have an intervention with the newbie (see step 1 above).

Not sure what kind of weird lease you have where the landlord can just move in anyone he likes. What's to keep him from moving in a guy? I think we'd all need a bit more to go on, about this arrangement, to really advise you.

edit on 29-6-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

How are things now? Could you give an update?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

send her around to my place, i won't complain

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join