It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help! crazy housemate moved in :(

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Oh believe me, it rings true for me already. I chose happy and never looked back. He was right too. Or I guess I should say he's happy too.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: confusedandaware

Toss her clothes and possessions in trash bags out on the corner and let her know she needs to leave.

Anyone who disrespects you and your home like that shouldn't be given any graces underneath your roof.

It'll only get worse if she stays.

Let her nitpick someone else to tears.

edit on 5/27/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
From a health perspective she actually did you a favour by throwing out all your plastic you should never use plastic in combination with food or drink well not if you want to be healthy the chemicals even reduce your chances of having children and using it twice is far worse, the plastic contains phthalates which keep the plastic supple the phthalates leach into whatever it touches and one of the chemicals is bisphenol A which unbalances your hormones.

But as for throwing your matches away that is unforgivable and if you are not into executing people you might want to talk with your flatmates first and then her and set down some rules that when she wants to clean the kitchen she must give everyone a warning or move all the things into a place which is not in her way otherwise you will force her to leave by getting into contact with mental health services, It only takes 2 people to make a complaint against someone and she is not going to want to be branded unstable even though it sounds like she is tell your landlord immediately that she has come in and thrown other peoples things away and that you are going to look for another place if it happens again.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Just sit down with her (and other roommates, if there are others) and bring a piece of paper with you. Welcome her again to the house and then tell her/them you'd like to discuss what's the best way for you all to live together and in harmony.

She seems like the kind of person who needs everything to be organised. So organise the rules and the limits.

Cleaning: yes, let's do it.
Throwing stuff away: is it rotten? Then, yes. If not, don't throw anything away that doesn't belong to you.

Who cleans what. Who takes care of what. It might take you five minutes to get it all sorted out. She may be jst trying to help and show how useful she can be. Give her a chance. If she continues to be crazy, then kick the crazy out.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'd say the best thing to do would wait until she is away, and then devise a genius plan.

When she leaves, throw her under-garments all over the floor. Spatter some chocolate pudding all over them and the walls.

Next, in flouro-pink spray paint, proceed to scrawl "The Cowardly Lion will rise again" all over the ceiling. Make sure to make no more than three spelling mistakes.

Find as many pictures of John Travolta as you can, frame them, and then put them all over the apartment, as well as in the garden. Make sure they're all upside-down.

Do as many strange things as you can, especially in the bathroom. Stuff the toilet with calculators.

Now, take photographs of every insane scene, and call your landlord. Tell them that you have photographic proof that the new tenant is either a witch, or just plain crazy.

If they are a good landlord, they will want to see the photographs. Send them to the landlord, and explain that the mess with the underwear is quite smelly, so you're going to clean it right up.

Once the landlord sees the horror imposed upon their investment, they'll kick out your Nazi room-mate, and might even give you a free chocolate as a thank-you.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Please don't judge too hard. Thats the aftermath of this.
A cleaning wave happened! That is her inner self coming to surface. This process may take a few days.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

All the kitchen stuff she threw out belongs to someone already living in the house...that person or persons paid for all that kitchen stuff.

Tell her since she did not bother to have a house meeting and discuss her kitchen issues and just threw out the kitchen stuff without anyone's permission...that she can buy and replace every single thing she threw out; it is her responsibility to replace it all.

If she does not agree...then out she goes!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Post some pics of the kitchen. (because it is possible you are much messier than you think, and you are the crazy one...from our ignorant perspective)

She had no right to throw out your stuff.

Say; "You had no right to throw out our stuff. Why would you, within an hour of moving into some place new, throw away things that dont belong to you, why do you think this is a proper thing to do? We have our stuff, which you are not allowed to throw away, you get your stuff, which we are not allowed to throw away. We will be clean, you will be clean. We will not be crazy, you will not be crazy....B#%$@"
edit on 28-5-2015 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Throw her clothes away.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If i where you i would have a sit down with some tea and cake with every one of your house mates and just talk about this , you could not do this and do the stuff other members recommend and play the revenge game , but since you live with this person under one roof you cannot really ignore this person or problem.

best bet is to try and solve this in a diplomatic manner , anything else will lead to a confrontation , by words or physical engagement.

If the person refuses to engage in diplomacy , then you can say atleast you tried and take it up with the landlord.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Can you please explain how you ended up with a psychopathic stranger moving in with you?

Why is this person in YOUR house?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Probably a student home , so most of the times the people renting the rooms have little say in who or what
is gonna occupy the room that is available , if the OP would own the property this was a solved case.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If a roomie just moved in, and started throwing away things I'd paid for, without permission, there would be absolutely ZERO tolerance in my reaction.

She would have had an earful, and a verbally engraved invitation to get the hell out.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Who knows.....maybe she really likes cleaning....
give her this....

you might get this...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

OMG been there Emily your place is a organized mess , this girl needs told ASAP .

Have a talk with her /or tell her to ship out as she is out of order

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This person is rude and disrespectful. I'd tell her to find another place to live! If she was pulling that crap on the first day, you can imagine what she would be like after a week or a month. No way!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You could try going one better than her and start throwing out all sorts of stuff that isn't 'clean' -- the table and chairs, soap,clothes and towels, toaster, wasjing up bowl...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
well i spoke to the landlord (doesnt help that he is in his 80s and gets confused)
but he did agree that keeping the house clean as you go ie wipe up after you, is more than enough maintenence, and how every weekend, one of us in turns to hoover mop and clean the place up which is what we have been doing till now, is fair enough.

however, this person has now put signs everywhere, silly ones like only use certain powders in the washing machine, keep windows open during the day to make the house fresher, dont put our food on the same fridge rack as hers.

i mean yes of course i understand these are basic normal things, but the way in which she has just moved in and started bossing us all around is just unreal - llike usually even bossy people are shy at first and then assert their authority but to actually move into a house where people have been for years and never had any complaints about the cleanliness and to start saying right this is filthy this is filthy and throwing stuff out
to stick us all on a ridiculous daily full maintence mop/hoover/sweep/bleach maintence rota like we are full time cleaners is just completly unreasonable.

whenever i try to talk to her, she turns round and says yes? and she is one of those people who stares at you with a cold judgemental stare, it feels really uncomfortable, and you just say no it doesnt matter.

basically she is a control freak, and if she is being like this after a day or two, heaven knows what it will be like give it a week or two weeks.

can anyone else please reply, as i suffer from anxiety and this is really depressing me i do not feel comfortable living here anymore and i have been here for three years
oh and moving isnt an option as i dont have the money, plus why should somebody who has moved in a day or so be allowed to make long term tennats uncomfortable.
edit on 29-5-2015 by confusedandaware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
just left a firm sign as its 4.44am here
on the board, in place of her daily cleaning rota that she put up

the daily rota she put up i ripped up and put in the garbage

it says
we have a every weekend one of us takes it in turns to clean up
this has worked fine for a long time and nobody not even the landlord has had a problem with it
we understand we can be extra tidy and clean around you that is fine, but we are not prepared to change the stability of what works fine, nor will we be made to feel uncomfortable in our own house. thank you for understanding

i also ripped up her other various notes she left around the kitchen.

i am excpecting a knock on my door and an agressive mouthful from her in the morning.
can anyone give me advice?
also, did i do right with what i did.
thanks
edit on 29-5-2015 by confusedandaware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Can all of you kick her out? I really don't understand how she came to live there or what the rules are, if any.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join