It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any advice on picking a good GPS unit for my car?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To OP... Just use your phone's Google maps.. It's 90% as good as a Tomtom... What ever you do, don't get a Garmin or whatever.. Tomtom if you wanna spend the money for a nice used one on eBay like a tomtom go 40 or higher or whichever you find with live traffic via Bluetooth... Must get live traffic or you'll curse your days...or Google maps for free which has traffic but no speed cameras... I need speed cameras so I got a tomtom go 40 used of eBay and it's been doing great.... I never buy stuff from anyone with less that 99%+ feedback.

originally posted by: plainsailing
Avoid cheap second hand units off the internet. Seemed like a good idea to me; until it put me in a field. That's not to say cheap GPS units are bad however. You can find some brilliant alternative brands on Amazon, that cost very little compared to the main brands i.e. GARMIN and TomTom.

I got a second hand tomtom go 40 from eBay for 60ish pounds... And it works great... Gets traffic via Bluetooth from Android note 3.
If it put you in a field i suggest changing the driver.
Source: taxi driver.
edit on 26-7-2016 by IVANV because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2016 by IVANV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Domo1

No smart phone. Every time I am due for an updated phone my wife takes.

I have had the same phone for about 3 or 4 years.

Wow... That's sad... You should like call the mistreated husband emergency phone line... 0800divorce

<< 1   >>

join