It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim world reacts to Obama's latest speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
We TOTALLY concur here.
We just don't shoot presidents like NAZIs in the oligarch community.

I can think of two who were shot, and a third that a secret service man took the bullet for.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Hahah classic and the truth. Question though is this a parody or are those the real subs for the dilect?

Having worked for an Egyptian owned company for 5 years of my life, and worked around muslims from all over, I have a rudimentary understanding of Arabic. From what I can understand, matches up to the subtitles.

To the best of my knowledge, but I am probably wrong.
edit on 28-5-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: introvert
It has been edited and the subtitles are incorrect.

The poster of the video even says as much in the comments.

IPhoneConservative 1 day ago (edited)
I must admit I find it fascinating that so many people commenting here are voicing their outrage at my editing of the subtitles in this clip from MEMRI. For those that don't know who they are...........they are an invaluable site that documents and translates much of what goes on in Middle East media. This clip was from their site.
Every day they post videos with leading Islamic figures and personalities making hideous statements about Jews and Christians. About killing gays and beating women. I wonder how many of those outraged by my use of the clip in this way are equally outraged by the real sentiments expressed on these program's?

Source

Considering the name of the account, iphoneconservative, this was a made-up clip to get the anti-Obama crowd outraged about nothing.

We already know they aren't really conservative, but at least we know they are gullible.

Lol well then. I still did hear words used in Arabic that did correspond to the subtitles. But I guess it's easy to change what is said to work with the main gist.

Kudos to the youtube guy lol..

Same here.

Seemed to match up to me.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Its a funny video. However I would not be so certain climate change is not the biggest threat. Not the whole carbon tax thing, but the actual climate changing like it has been for billions of years, many species have been wiped out because of it way back to the dinosaurs and before that.

# once Africa was a lush paradise, but now is mostly a desert, even the middle east was at one point more lush, why do you people think there is so much oil under them ground? It took a long time for all that biomass to become oil, which means at one time there was a lot of biomass on top of them ground in those areas and not so much sand and dust.

So ya, from what I seen in the new oh lets say 10,000 thousand years a lot of things are going to change the least being carbon taxes even the whole poles shifting and the sun outputting more is going to effect things a whole lot more then that, generally from what I seen at the very least billions will die off or have to move to greener pastures in the coming centuries. In the end I do believe the human race is going to go extinct, but that is still a long ways off. And life after all is a zero sum game, so it is of no consequence if humans die off.

But ya! None of that is a real priority now as there is a laundry list a mile long which will matter more in the immediate times. But saying that, what some newspeople think in a country in the middle east thing is kind of pointless, no doubt they got there issues and no doubt a lot of those issues were helped by US interests, but hey they all went along with it none the less. Its all none issues which both side of the fence created, and the people offcourse went along with it all. But between dealing with the middle east or putting money and effort into keeping things from turning into a desert here, I think the money will be better spent in dealing with any future climate changes.

But ya! Funny video.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
It was a funny video mocking Obama.

Not surprised that there would be people defending him and disputing the clip.

I *heart* Obama

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't think it's defending Obama, as much as it is tampering down bull#.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: introvert

Nothing cheap.

Some just can't stand to see Obama mocked.

Um, like you.

(Lighten up, Francis)

there are plenty of jokes I laugh at, but this is the type of stuff that people eat up like propaganda. A joke about a dead baby and a joke that has power to be misused politically are two different things.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Am I the first Arabic speaker who has the sad duty of breaking the enchantment? Damn, judging from the last few posts it's already done. Honestly though, I guess I'd rather NOT be the herald of false news. Were this video real it could only have come from heaven's news channel. Seeing as I'd have called my satellite provider long ago to add that broadcast to my bill were it available is another sign of its misinfo. Absolutely doesn't effect my kudos to the OP though this was a good laugh I'd never have come a cross.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Am I the first Arabic speaker who has the sad duty of breaking the enchantment? Damn, judging from the last few posts it's already done. Honestly though, I guess I'd rather NOT be the herald of false news. Were this video real it could only have come from heaven's news channel. Seeing as I'd have called my satellite provider long ago to add that broadcast to my bill were it available is another sign of its misinfo. Absolutely doesn't effect my kudos to the OP though this was a good laugh I'd never have come a cross.

can you share the accurate translation?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have no idea if the video is doctored or not. But regardless...it is 100% accurate. Except for the part about him not understanding he is destroying America. He knows full well that everything that made America great are things he wants to "fundamentally change". You don't change something you love, admire and respect. You leave it alone and support it with everything you've got. You change things if you are naive or pompous enough to think you know better. You change something when you believe that it is not working or the more likely reason...you don't like it.

But back to the video. The world thinks America is a laughing stock and with a clown for a President they aren't far from the truth. But one day when this "lets make a black man president" and "lets make a woman president" without even looking at who they are, what they have done and what level of intelligence they have, is gone...America could be great once again. Or who knows...if Hillary gets in next, that could be the final nail in our coffin.

So...your intelligent, educated and non-emotional vote will matter.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I guess the humor only runs strong when doing a meme on a non-liberal eh? Look at the name on the video....even says meme....GeezusCripes!

Sad.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Should have known from the get-go that something from the name "iphoneconservative" would be skewed or inaccurate (btw I'm not playing right vs left... both sides are guilty).

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This video is a Jewel!

I'm going to consult my Egyptian friend to verify the accuracy of this

This is better than anything Jon Stewart ever put on

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I thoroughly dislike Obama but this is a parody. Muzzies don't talk like this ever.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
America's greatest threat isn't climate change, or terrorists, or any other manufactured boogeyman.

It's our dearly elected 'leaders' on capitol shill.

Thanks for the good laugh.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
We TOTALLY concur here.
We just don't shoot presidents like NAZIs in the oligarch community.

That was very funny. You're American right?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That's right mother nature. You are a security risk for the entire world and need to be destroyed. I bet Obama is trying to gather some spec ops to infiltrate and destroy this awful terrorist. Don't worry, Texas, Obama won't let big bad mother nature hurt you any more!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join