It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring in the Ukraine; Russia masses heavy firepower on border.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The extent of Putins lies are starting to be questioned now by the Russian people and putin cant hide the Russian soldiers bodies coming back from Ukraine.

Actually, he is going to try anyway!

Rumours of a Spring offensive have been circulating for a few months - this seems to confirm that something is in the works.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
As for military removing national insignia. I think you'll also find that Special Forces members, when deployed covertly in foreign parts also carry no identifying insignia or documents. So I guess they deserve a quick death if found in foreign parts too and it's all fine and fair? Or is that different if it's "our" guys not wearing insignia?

If those SF are captured, their existence will be denied by their own nation and yes, if they are caught (especially by a "non state actor") they are likely to be summarily executed. Being caught without identifying insignia or other such items will have you viewed as a Spy in most cases, which usually has you shot.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

If Putin goes all in on Ukraine then we will see a complete invasion. Ukraine ended the agreement with Russia where Russia could send their military thru Ukraine to Moldova. Russia has 1500 troops stuck there now with no way to remove / add to their numbers.

With the capture of the 2 Russians and the Kremlin reaction Putin has few options left. international Pariah and a Hitler "mini me" seems to be his choice.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have a distinct feeling that some pro west people in this thread understand whats going on but don't want to really explain it.

Russia is constantly reminding Ukrainian puppet president to be extremely careful what kind of advice he takes from Americans.

That if treaty is broken and war begins again, Putin intends to WIN IT

I myself would be training troops too.

When you deal with the devil (US) you better be armed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BentBone

I have a distinct feeling that some pro west people in this thread understand whats going on but don't want to really explain

That's because you would have to be western to know what is going on. Putin is currently engaged in a war for oil in the Ukraine.

Russia is constantly reminding Ukrainian puppet president to be extremely careful what kind

The first time they gently reminded the Ukraine was when they annexed the Crimea.

That if treaty is broken and war begins again, Putin intends to WIN IT

Hitler made similar remarks prior to world war two.

When you deal with the devil (US) you better be armed.

And when you deal with a gangster psychopath (Putin) you better be armed also. Your US hatred must burn deeply. Or are you oblivious to the fact that almost every country in the world disproves of Russian actions in the Ukraine?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
massing on the border?
he might be afraid of illegal Mexicans...after seeing what an open border can do...like in the US

so also, i hear internet rumors Putin is using those same or similar magic body incinerators that hiltler used to vanish dead bodies, so that any Russian bodies that nato might produce from Ukraine, that could be evidence anything said about him is true, can not be found and produced by nato...

unlike the debt Ukraine is now in because of this nato led coup...
which can be proved to exist...
(how about the 5 billion Nuland mentioned wasted, just to cause this fiasco for a start?)

say, and how is Joe Bidan's son doing with all those oil concerns he was given?
edit on Friam5b20155America/Chicago40 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Friam5b20155America/Chicago08 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Friam5b20155America/Chicago55 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Open conflict is ongoing since 17-18 March 2014.

Russian military treaths Ukrainian troops in front of Crimea water bases.

This is war actually.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

NATO is not in Ukraine.
NATO had nothing to do with Yanukovych tucking tail and running to putin.

Do you guys actually follow up and check the claims Russia makes? I ask because your post suggests you don't.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
as the fakts show
this all started when Ukraine democratically declined the EU, then the US and the other NATO countries put the money to work.
( and the assassins shooting both sides to get the party started)
joining the eu was precurser to putting Nato on Putins doorstep
and incidentally most patriots just wish obama would close the border w/mexico the way Putin watches the ukraine border
something to do with thirty five plus million illegal immigrants

am I up on the banker run nato counties ( like obama and harper etc ) and their bogus never verified propaganda story ?
no
pics or it didn't happen

and how IS bidan's son doing with that oil concern he was handed
edit on Satam5b20155America/Chicago57 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Britguy

And what of the Putinistas that keep claiming the US fomented the protests in Ukraine? So far they haven't provided any proof to back up that claim. Does that mean those claims are propaganda as well?

fo·ment ˌfōˈment,ˈfōˌment/ verb verb: foment; 3rd person present: foments; past tense: fomented; past participle: fomented; gerund or present participle: fomenting
1. instigate or stir up (an undesirable or violent sentiment or course of action). "they accused him of fomenting political unrest"
synonyms: instigate, incite, provoke, agitate, excite, stir up, whip up, encourage, urge, fan the flames of "they were accused of fomenting civil unrest"

Oh yeah, nothing but propaganda for sure!
I believe everything that the MSM feeds me - and if they say that we didn't foment, then by golly we didn't foment!
In fact, I know in my heart that this video of John McCain fomenting is probably fake! Produced by those evil Ruskies.
And fish don't swim....

edit on 30-5-2015 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

this all started when Ukraine democratically declined the EU, then the US and the other NATO countries put the money to work.

Democratically declined...

More like strong armed into not signing...

Russia is making a last-minute push to derail the integration agreement, which is due to be signed in late November. Instead, Moscow wants to lure its neighbour into its own alliance, a customs union with Belarus and Kazakhstan that critics have referred to as a reincarnation of the Soviet Union. Russia has made it clear that Ukraine has to choose between the two options and cannot sign both agreements.

Glazyev, speaking on the sidelines of the discussion, said the exact opposite was true: "Ukrainian authorities make a huge mistake if they think that the Russian reaction will become neutral in a few years from now. This will not happen."

Instead, he said, signing the agreement would make the default of Ukraine inevitable and Moscow would not offer any helping hand. "Russia is the main creditor of Ukraine. Only with customs union with Russia can Ukraine balance its trade," he said. Russia has already slapped import restrictions on certain Ukrainian products and Glazyev did not rule out further sanctions if the agreement was signed.

And this is the best part by far...

The Kremlin aide added that the political and social cost of EU integration could also be high, and allowed for the possibility of separatist movements springing up in the Russian-speaking east and south of Ukraine. He suggested that if Ukraine signed the agreement, Russia would consider the bilateral treaty that delineates the countries' borders to be void.

"We don't want to use any kind of blackmail. This is a question for the Ukrainian people," said Glazyev. "But legally, signing this agreement about association with EU, the Ukrainian government violates the treaty on strategic partnership and friendship with Russia." When this happened, he said, Russia could no longer guarantee Ukraine's status as a state and could possibly intervene if pro-Russian regions of the country appealed directly to Moscow.

"Signing this treaty will lead to political and social unrest," said the Kremlin aide. "The living standard will decline dramatically … there will be chaos."

www.theguardian.com...

then the US and the other NATO countries put the money to work.

You do know that the money that was sent to Ukraine was done over more than a decade...long before Yanukovych was the president, so they were planning this with different presidents in office from different parties that can't agree on the simplest things, but have kept this agreement going without a hitch?

joining the eu was precurser to putting Nato on Putins doorstep

Well then why did NATO deny Ukraine when they applied the first time, when if their intentions were to do as you say they would have accepted them then...the fact that they didn't just shows you like to make up your own narrative about what happened in Ukraine.

am I up on the banker run nato counties ( like obama and harper etc ) and their bogus never verified propaganda story ?

That would be countries.

Speaking of bogus never verified propaganda story...has Russia ever shown proof of what they say the reasons for invading and annexing Crimea, or the proof to back his claims about why he supports the separatists in Eastern Ukraine, so really nothing different than what Putin has done...gotcha!

and how IS bidan's son doing with that oil concern he was handed

SO what is the problem with Bidens son being hired as the head of their legal affairs department?

I mean why in the world would they want a lawyer to head that department...what a shady thing to do.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sageturkey

And fish don't swim....

And supposedly they can't fly...but.

I know in my heart that this video of John McCain fomenting is probably fake! Produced by those evil Ruskies.

Nope no Ruskies there, but what exactly makes you think anything John McCain says is worth 2 cents?

He is allowed to say whatever because nobody takes him seriously except the retired people in Arizona that keep re electing that man, so to think what he says represents the US in any way is well nothing but a fallacy.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

NATO is not in Ukraine.

Of cause NATO soldiers act in the Ukraine.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: greyhat

Of cause NATO soldiers act in the Ukraine.

Just because a NATO country sends advisers doesn't mean they are there representing NATO.

NATO countries are allowed to operate without having to get NATO approval on what they do. You don't know much about NATO, and how it works do you?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

No, Yanukovych declined the EU offer when Putin threatened to cut off trade if they agreed. Of course the EU deal wouldn't have affected Russia in any way but Putin doesn't like to share. Also, NATO and the EU are two separate entities. If NATO had wanted Ukraine in NATO they would have accepted their application back in '08. Instead they denied it along with Georgia's. And what do you know? Russia invades Georgia shortly after. And then once they were done there they set their sights on Ukraine. Funny how Putin keeps complaining of NATO aggression when he's the only one doing any invading.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Russia invaded Georgia? Really?
As I remember it, Georgia was the one doing the attacking when they launched attacks against the 2 neighboring breakaway republics, then got severely slapped down by Russia. They thought NATO / The US (same thing) would intervene if they forced the move but got that badly wrong.
Russia didn't "set it's sights" on Ukraine either. All they have done so far is to protect their own interests and backyard from a US / EU sponsored takeover. All the talk of Russian aggression, invasions etc is laughable. Russia neither wants to, nor has made any attempt to invade anyone, despite what the press and NATO talking heads keep saying.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So you're saying that he went there and gave that speech just because he cares so much about their plight?
That somehow, he - A United States Senator was acting without U.S. Govt sanctioning?

edit on 30-5-2015 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

WE are BETTER than Russia because WE haven't invaded Mexico or Canada!

Dumb argment got a dumb answer.
edit on 30-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

MAN once we elect a HAWK they will be ITCHING to go to war,LOOK at all the JUICY targets that have presnted them selves.
Now that a left has gone SO FAR off the path and we haven't called them on it legalwise,they will be emboldened to loose their minds.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

DOH!
I mean't BRITGUY...(stupid FINGERS)

I can't read them ...not my training.www.newsweek.com...
edit on 30-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join