It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring in the Ukraine; Russia masses heavy firepower on border.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

AS intended so they don't invade neighbors again. IT'S their own fault.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Russia feeling threatened? Carry on lapping up Putin's propaganda, Russia aren't threatened by anyone, they use that as an excuse. Russia are the real bully boys on the planet, the USA is just misguided. It was a bad day when Russia stole the plans for nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
Russia feeling threatened? Carry on lapping up Putin's propaganda, Russia aren't threatened by anyone, they use that as an excuse. Russia are the real bully boys on the planet, the USA is just misguided. It was a bad day when Russia stole the plans for nuclear weapons.

It was a bad day for Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. The Americans who passed along nuclear secrets to the Soviets.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Come now. You all know as well as I do that those masses of troops and equipment with no markings meeting at a military base are just volunteers.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So, with thousands of troops massing at the border, along with all the armour, support vehicles etc, there must be some pretty juicy satellite images to prove it.... right?
Despite all the constant talk about Russian invasions, aggression and so on, where is the evidence of this. So far, apart from protecting their assets on their immediate doorstep in Ukraine, where is the evidence of all this Russian aggression and buildup to invade everyone who borders them, and beyond?

Simply put, it doesn't exist, except in the twisted minds of some psychopathic NATO (US proxy) idiots and other owned European "leaders", in hock up to their eyeballs to the same people who want war with Russia.

I keep forgetting though that using the logic of the world today, lack of evidence doesn't count for anything, especially when there is money to be made.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Russia Masses Military On Ukraine Border: Report

KHUTOR CHKALOVA, Russia, May 27 (Reuters) - Russia's army is massing troops and hundreds of pieces of weaponry including mobile rocket launchers, tanks and artillery at a makeshift base near the border with Ukraine, a Reuters reporter saw this week.

Many of the vehicles have number plates and identifying marks removed while many of the servicemen had taken insignia off their fatigues. As such, they match the appearance of some of the forces spotted in eastern Ukraine, which Kiev and its Western allies allege are covert Russian detachments.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What? No photos?
The Huffpo article is a repeat of the Reuters one, again without any evidence to back it up. Are we to believe that Reuters press fellows just wander in and out of Russian military areas freely, yet can't even produce a grainy smartphone image to back up the claims?

Once again, where is the evidence, not only of these troop buildups, but all insignia removal and intent to invade Europe? Endless MSM articles or blog posts saying it is so, without any physical proof, is pointless and must be viewed as nothing more than propaganda.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey guess what. the IRS hack was traced back to russia,who got 50 million in fraudulant returns. Way to earn money for countries now. ANyway back on topic.

Yeah Removing your patches,and identifying marks if you are a soldier in a military is one of the quickest ways to waive your geneva convention rights. That changes your classification from soldier to Illegal combatant who is not entitled to anything but a quick death.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Hey guess what. the IRS hack was traced back to russia,who got 50 million in fraudulant returns. Way to earn money for countries now. ANyway back on topic.

Yeah Removing your patches,and identifying marks if you are a soldier in a military is one of the quickest ways to waive your geneva convention rights. That changes your classification from soldier to Illegal combatant who is not entitled to anything but a quick death.

They are throwing everything they can at Russia right now. They don't actually need to produce any evidence, and the IRS hack is just another case in point.

As for military removing national insignia. I think you'll also find that Special Forces members, when deployed covertly in foreign parts also carry no identifying insignia or documents. So I guess they deserve a quick death if found in foreign parts too and it's all fine and fair? Or is that different if it's "our" guys not wearing insignia?

edit on 608Thu, 28 May 2015 08:36:08 -05003631800000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

No it applies to ALL geneva convention nations. If a US soldier removes his insignia and operates as a illegal combatant i have no sympathy and they should expect none because its against the rules agreed on.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The op source has the pictures and video.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Without their national insignias they can be considered as posing as military forces of Ukraine since they both use the same battle fatigues. Being caught in that manner can actually lead to summary execution as spies under the rules of war.

If we want to try and argue the volunteer aspect, that they are not Russian military forces but civilians helping out the rebels then once again they lose their protected status under the same rules of war.

Considering Putin just cut the 2 captured Russians loose I don't think they really care if their soldiers are killed.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

And what of the Putinistas that keep claiming the US fomented the protests in Ukraine? So far they haven't provided any proof to back up that claim. Does that mean those claims are propaganda as well?

At least the claims being made by Reuters is supported by the report Nemtsov was most likely assassinated over.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
*sighs* I really don't want to die in europe, when will these psychos quit it... There is no "winning" in a war between super powers.

Amen to that.

As My avatar says -

"war doesn't determin whos right, it just determins who's left"

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's not a "mass" of military equipment. Certainly not what you'd expect to see if a border crossing incursion were on the cards. Also, it's in Rostov, Russia, so what's the biggie? Are they not allowed to carry out drills and have camps in their own territory now?

Any excuse for some more unfounded Russia bashing and fear mongering!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

No one ever stated they weren't in Russia. That goes without saying when troops are massing on the border. if they weren't massing on the border, but in Ukraine, then it would have stated that.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And what of the Putinistas that keep claiming the US fomented the protests in Ukraine? So far they haven't provided any proof to back up that claim. Does that mean those claims are propaganda as well?

At least the claims being made by Reuters is supported by the report Nemtsov was most likely assassinated over.

Can it with the "Putinistas" name calling, it's all so lame and childish!

So the US had nothing to do with the coup? The US is blameless?
So Ms. Nuland, in the taped telephone call where she blurted out "F*** the EU" in response to a question by the US Ambassador, where they also talked of the USA's front man being the preferred goto guy, that means nothing? Never happened?

The whole concocted Nemtsov report thing was also just another cooked up piece without any substance or evidence to back it up and was pretty well debunked in fine detail by RT. But of course, RT is a Russian government organ, so we can't believe them over our own free and fair press!

I am quite sure Nemtsov's death was nothing to do with Putin. He was no threat at all, despite what the western press may report. Portraying him as some sort of political nemesis of Putin and being martyred for the cause didn't get the desired Russian domestic reaction Nuland and her bloodthirsty neocons hoped for.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

No one ever stated they weren't in Russia. That goes without saying when troops are massing on the border. if they weren't massing on the border, but in Ukraine, then it would have stated that.

But they are not "Massing on the border", that is the point, isn't it?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I doubt Russia feels nearly as threatened as the Ukraine currently does.

Or russia's other neighbors I'd imagine..

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I don't get how Nuland's comments prove the protests were te work of the US. I meante act that the protests were about strengthening ties with the the EU kind of flies in the face of what Nuland said. Not to mention that the candidate the US supported didn't get elected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join