It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring in the Ukraine; Russia masses heavy firepower on border.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is a report from Reuters.

Spring is the traditional time for offensives. If anybody thinks the troubles in Ukraine are over think again. I've been saying this over and over but it looks like a long hot summer everywhere!!!

Many of the vehicles have number plates and identifying marks removed while many of the servicemen had taken insignia off their fatigues. As such, they match the appearance of some of the forces spotted in eastern Ukraine, which Kiev and its Western allies allege are covert Russian detachments. The scene at the base on the Kuzminsky firing range, around 50 km (30 miles) from the border, offers some of the clearest evidence to date of what appeared to be a concerted Russian military build-up in the area.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But under the Geneva convention removing signature from your uniform can get you killed.

Asked by Reuters if large numbers of unmarked weaponry and troops without insignia at the border indicated that Russia planned to invade Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said during a conference call with reporters: "I find the wording of this question, 'if an invasion is being prepared', inappropriate as such.[/b["

I highly doubt Ukrainians think the question is inappropriate?

The weapons being delivered there included Uragan multiple rocket launchers, tanks and self-propelled howitzers -- all weapon types that have been used in the conflict in eastern Ukraine between Kiev's forces and separatists. The amount of military hardware at the base was about three times greater than in March this year, when Reuters journalists were previously in the area. At that time, only a few dozen pieces of equipment were in view.

And as usual when that equipment is captured or blown up Russia will claim the rebels got it off the Ukraine forces. Even though Ukraine doesn't possess many of those weapons.

source

edit on 27-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
*sighs* I really don't want to die in europe, when will these psychos quit it... There is no "winning" in a war between super powers.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
*sighs* I really don't want to die in europe, when will these psychos quit it... There is no "winning" in a war between super powers.

I'm no expert but planting U.S. bases around Russia isn't the brightest idea, tampering with other countries & their elections isn't too bright either. As for the OP, it's no wonder Russia would feel threatened.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I doubt Russia feels nearly as threatened as the Ukraine currently does.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Your funny...

There are no US bases surrounding Russia. Maybe do some research before making an accusation you cant support.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

not a surprise to be honest. With the capture of active duty Russian Spetnaz, and Russia subsequently disowning the 2 captured one has to ask if Putin sees no exit out of the mess he got himself into.

Chances are increased sanctions will be coming down the pipeline with Russia being caught red handed supplying troops, weapons and supplies in addition to sending in active duty Russian military units. Putin might be at the point where he is going to finish his invasion of Ukraine.

I know Russia is torqued that Ukraine ended the agreement that allowed Russian military to transit Ukraine territory to get to Russian occupation forces in Moldova. The extent of Putins lies are starting to be questioned now by the Russian people and putin cant hide the Russian soldiers bodies coming back from Ukraine.

I think Putin has reached his end game politically. All that is left is for Putin to seize complete control of Russia.

edit on 27-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You know? If Putin was to at least actually come out and admit what he's doing. I might not agree with him but I might develop at least a smidgen of respect for him.

It's obvious to everyone in the world what's going on, with the exception of the Putin United Defense Synod. ( P.U.D.S. For short)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Your funny...

There are no US bases surrounding Russia. Maybe do some research before making an accusation you cant support.

You're right, I wasn't getting my information where yours comes from, not even sure it's accurate. Russia must be the aggressor against the U.S.:

My apologies haha

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
While highly disturbing ... the tactic sounds vaguely reminiscent of what's happening in Syria the last couple years. reply to: Greathouse

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I will keep an eye out BP.

Right now I have to go search the Paleo-Hebrew Holy Days.

Take care my friend!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
No offense it was on topic...sadly I cannot elaborate atm..I will soon Im in an event with work.

edit on 27-5-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The topic is "Spring in the Ukraine; Russia masses heavy firepower on border."

Staying on topic is not difficult. Let's please try to do that.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I was not referring to BP in my previous post. He usually has something to add with his predictions.

I agree with the rest of your statement though.

It just seems strange. That reports are coming out about troop mobilizations and armament movements. In an area that has seen war for the last year. Yet as apparent by this thread so far nobody wants to talk about it?

I would think situations like this is what ATS was intended for?

Hell I'll even make a prediction and say we see a drastic increase and escalation in eastern Ukraine within two weeks if not a out right covert invasion.

Russia does seem to be taking it slow everywhere. But the greatest sign of activity is in the Ukraine and I believe that's worth talking about.

I might get flamed for saying this by others. But are we supposed to Deny Ignorance or stick our heads in the sand when it involves Putin sending arms into the Ukraine?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The presence of large numbers of Russian troops / equipment / supplies is telling...

The observation of Russian troops removing insignias from uniforms and their combat vehicles is confirmation...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The presence of large numbers of Russian troops / equipment / supplies is telling...

The observation of Russian troops removing insignias from uniforms and their combat vehicles is confirmation...

To most of the world the evidence of involvement is clear. The only ones that Deny these facts are the P.U.D.S . What is beginning to bother me about this thread. Is that if these troop movements are correct this is a precursor to battle.

And it seems not many on ATS's could care? On the other hand everybody's horrified about Saudi Arabia's involvement in Yemen?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

And it seems not many on ATS's could care? On the other hand everybody's horrified about Saudi Arabia's involvement in Yemen?

That's a great observation. Our indifference to the issuse is telling of this generation's priorities. The problem is that people are too politically polarized to admit that the problem is that big. People either view Russia as a villain or the heroic rebel, when the truth is there are no innocent parties in this war. The focus should be on self defense and preparation, not political bickering, but our division will be our fall.

Hope that's on topic enough for Mr. Moderator-man over there.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Thank you I'm glad someone caught my innuendo. Many people find me hard to judge on here. The reason being, I will be honest.

I find that absolute defense of anything is ridiculous. Everybody makes mistakes, and it weakens peoples position when they are unable to admit faults in their perception or ideology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join