It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online database 'exposes' pro-Palestinian college students in bid to block future jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This all sounds eerily familiar...didn't someone already do this back in the 1930s or something?...central Europe I believe...I think they had to wear a yellow star in public so everyone else knew about their background and beliefs.

Yikes.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Thing is does the site only do anti Israel stuff or any type of activism? you can bet If only anti Israel stuff another site will go up with every other type to report on.
I wouldn't want to work for any company which asked or wanted to know these type of questions.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: Kali74
This is sickening.

really?.....the way that you believe, has hindered and helped in job hunting, it's been like that for some while. how many gun-control advocates have paid positions in the NRA? crude example, but, you get the point.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Why are you assuming it is readily in use across the board with all employers?

If I owned a company like John Deere and I was hiring sales reps for Israel. I would sure want to know about any applicants that have routinely denounced my future Jewish clientele. I wouldn't look into that background if I was hiring a Janitor, accountant, factory help or Office staff.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That's the thing.

What company bases hiring on pro or con towards Israel?

Okay, Mossad. Work for the Israel government.

But other than that, I'm hard-pressed to think of any employer that checks on your stance on Israel before hiring.

Drug tests, yes.
Background checks? Sure.
Criminal record? Yes.

Posting history on conspiracy sites? Meh.

link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Criminal record before so many years should be all that matters. What you say and your politics shouldn't come into play for hiring... most companies have a conduct policy that once you take the job you are responsible for holding to it or don't complain if you get fired.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Thats why anonymity is best when going on a jolly good riot.
I normally use monkey masks or a unicorn head mask.
I also sign my signature on petitions Robin Hood.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Canada is trying to change their hate crime policy to include saying anything negative about Israel. Look at the GOP reception for Netanyahu. They treated him like he was their King. It's insane what is going on between the Israeli government and western nations.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Thats why anonymity is best when going on a jolly good riot.
I normally use monkey masks or a unicorn head mask.
I also sign my signature on petitions Robin Hood.

People say bunnies all look alike.
(racists)

So I'm pretty safe.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Not all western nations many have recognized Palestine including the UK.
I just think it is bad from all sides and the only way to stop it is everyone meeting in the middle and sticking to it but they will not.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Canada is trying to change their hate crime policy to include saying anything negative about Israel. Look at the GOP reception for Netanyahu. They treated him like he was their King. It's insane what is going on between the Israeli government and western nations.

As much as I support Israel, Canada is wrong.

Stiffling free speech is disgusting.

Being punished for what you say?

Well, I don't think people should be punished for it.

But others feel that people should be held responsible for what they say.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

In the International business world politics come heavily into play.

Also I would want to full background check not a limited number of years. Most businesses would preferred not to hire a accountant that was convicted of embezzlement 20 years ago. If you only went back partially you would not find things like that out.

Why do you naturally assumed this will be used against those people? There are also like minded employers out there.

edit on 27-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ugmold
This is sickening.

really?.....the way that you believe, has hindered and helped in job hunting, it's been like that for some while. how many gun-control advocates have paid positions in the NRA? crude example, but, you get the point.

What point? I don't follow.

How about we make a database of people who say death to Palestinians and make it difficult for them to get a Job? The Canary Mission are sick people and pretty damn scary.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Can it be used by anyone? can it be used by rivals or rival companies to get dirt on people?.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Criminal checks sure. There's a multitude of services that do that online.

As for the database in the 0P I do not know. It just seems very unlikely to me that most employers would even bother with it.

But it does give people a ideological soapbox to fuel a political position on.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There is only one thing that can be said about this sick tactic.

So what's next start rounding people up and marking them with tattoos on whether a person is loyal to Israel or not?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
True. Your qualifications should define you. So I have to wonder. . . what employers would base their hiring criteria on support for Israel or Palestine?

That actually never came up in my job interviews.

Part of the screening for many jobs involves a public appearance clause, you can't be a person that makes waves and is known for inciting political statements. It doesn't matter that the person supports Palestinians or if they support Israel, it's that they're publicly attached to any political opinion at all. Because that name and opinion should they be hired, is now attached to your company.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This is just an example of you choosing selectively when freedom of speech should be adhered to. If it were about social justice warriors ridiculing and demonising somebody because they made a post that was deemed offensive or politically incorrect, you would say something like "well freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences of your words". (As long as the government doesn't get involved, people should be free to reap the consequences of their words, right?)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
And to think some people cheer when so called "Right Wing extremists" get identified in so called "Left Wing" publications.

I bet there's many "businesses" that discriminate against "Right Wing extremists".

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I have a question for those who are opposed to this: Would you honestly want to work for a company that not only believes what this website says but uses it to filter job applicants?

a reply to: buster2010
I don't know what's worse, the fact that you made a Hitler comparison, or the fact that you did it in image macro form.
edit on 29-5-2015 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join