It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Worth police involved in live car chase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

FORT WORTH, Texas -
Fort Worth police are involved in a low-speed car chase on the I-30 Wednesday afternoon.

The suspect in a white sedan has driven Eastbound on the I-30 for more than an hour.

The suspect has slowed down significantly but is still in pursuit.

Fort Worth police involved in low-speed car chase

This chase has been going on for over an hour now. Guy has been talking to police negotiator but has refused to pull over as of yet.

Here is a couple of other links for transmissions:

www.nbcdfw.com...

Loads of people stopping to watch.

www.ctvnews.ca... d311cb

www.cbsnews.com...

Something similar happened last week/earlier this week. A guy ran out in front of vehicle in that case. I reckon they will look to try and make sure that doesn't happen. It will be worth watching just to see how they stop this. Cant remember this tactic being used before. Certainly gets a lot of attention.

Are we seeing another form of protest?

Who knows.

edit on 27-5-2015 by randomspecific because: updating title

edit on 27-5-2015 by randomspecific because: adding link

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the guy

Apparently he has a flat tyre. I am sure there has got to be a way to stop it easier than this.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OJ! Is that you?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomspecific

FORT WORTH, Texas -
Fort Worth police are involved in a low-speed car chase on the I-30 Wednesday afternoon.

The suspect in a white sedan has driven Eastbound on the I-30 for more than an hour.

The suspect has slowed down significantly but is still in pursuit.

Fort Worth police involved in low-speed car chase

This chase has been going on for over an hour now. Guy has been talking to police negotiator but has refused to pull over as of yet.

Here is a couple of other links for transmissions:

www.nbcdfw.com...

Loads of people stopping to watch.

www.ctvnews.ca... d311cb

Something similar happened last week/earlier this week. A guy ran out in front of vehicle in that case. I reckon they will look to try and make sure that doesn't happen. It will be worth watching just to see how they stop this. Cant remember this tactic being used before. Certainly gets a lot of attention.

Are we seeing another form of protest?

Who knows.

The article suggest that the suspect is in pursuit, that does not make sense and another thing why haven't they just shot the tires out yet or done the pit maneuver on him, are the cops on mopeds?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Kinnda speeded up now. Coming of freeway. Getting dangerous. Tyre is beginning to smoke and pursuit has entered a higher speed amongst traffic etc.
edit on 27-5-2015 by randomspecific because: updating

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Shooting out tires: this isn't a 70s cop movie. First, it's not easy to shoot a 4 inch wide target that's moving while you yourself are also moving. Additionally, the chance of hitting a bystander when you miss is entirely too high.

PIT maneuver: many departments limit the use of the PIT to high-risk chases, which this is not. Beyond that, there's any number of variables that go into the decision to PIT a vehicle, and most agencies don't leave that up to the pursuing officer. A supervisor has to make the decision, and a PIT trained officer has to perform the maneuver.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
LOL Forth Worth Tactical just ended it. Well executed pit move. Chase took over 2 hours to bring to a halt. Suspect now in custody.
edit on 27-5-2015 by randomspecific because: update

Video of take down

edit on 27-5-2015 by randomspecific because: adding vid

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: randomspecific

Can't help but hear the "Jaws" theme when the truck is getting closer and closer...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am curious to know why they would use such an expensive vehicle to do the PIT maneuver, especially a vehicle filled with men inside. Not only is that risky to everyone, it's also a bit more costly to repair damages done to the vehicle. They should have used a standard police cruiser, not that armored truck.

I am guessing Texas doesn't get a whole lot of police chases.

Here in California it's a common occurrence to the point where its hardly reported on the news anymore. Which is why I am curious why this is ATS worthy news.
edit on 27-5-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If he is going so slow it doesn't seem to be that hard to box him in then.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hahaha... I like how the first officer gave the perp a nice buttstock!

I'm sure that's a perfectly legal and tactical move...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Boxing somebody in is still a collision. And that's assuming no attempt is made by the driver to evade or power through the box.

I'm actually mind blown that there's a video of cops not going bat-crap crazy and using heavy handed tactics on somebody and people are still complaining about it.

Oh wait, no, I'm not mind blown at that.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

We almost put a stop to a high speed chase last week. Cop put his lights on, guy punched it, and was watching what the cop was doing and missed our trailer by less than a car length after he looked up and saw us.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Glad to hear he missed! We had one a couple of weeks ago, during the first part of evening rush hour no less. Only had 3 units in on it, and everybody managed to avoid any other cars. They PIT'd him on a curve and sent him into a small-ish creek. Then he wouldn't get out so they had to go on and pull him out. Fair bit of griping to what would've otherwise been a pretty simple pursuit.

All three officers have been given life preservers for future use.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

This guy gave up pretty quick, and we watched three more cops heading the other way in one hell of a hurry.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Heard on the dfwnbc new that the police dept said the car was rammed by a swat vehicle and it was against protocol. Also, a swat member rammed the butt of his rifle against the man as he was being helped out the window by other officers (the man was coming out on his own). This officer is now under investigation.

Not often you see such quick official responsewith no excuses or justifications.

new topics

top topics

join