It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't learn from the Past you are deemed to Repeat it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Part of the fall of the Babylonian, Greece and Roman Empires were preceded by open homosexuality practiced by not just the people but their politicians.

As we see Homosexuality become the normal sexual practice we will see the decline in the Moral fabric of all the nations.

Ireland nor America will survive the De-Moralization of the people just like the empires of the past.

Looks like man has not learned from the past and is now repeating it.

1) I just checked the statistics, you can do this as well...using a search engine and you'll come up with:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Turns out about 2% of the US population is "gay/bisexual".

2% of the population doesn't have enough influence over anything to make any difference and that assumes that being gay has some moral component, which I'm not sure it does. I've known many gay people who were very moral people, although, in the US that doesn't have any real relevance because in society that has bought into moral relevance, there's no agreed standard as to what is and what isn't "moral".

2) My research indicates that a greater predictor of imminent fall of an "Empire" is when the wealthy classes bail out on the political class. In Rome for example, they literally moved out of the Capital; the Senate relocated to Byzantium and the wealthiest left the city to hole up on their country estates. The wealthy trading classes moved their base of operation and their wealth to Byzantium prior to the fall of Rome.

3) My research also indicates that one of the primary reasons for the Fall of Rome and the termination of the Roman Empire was unrestricted immigration without proper assimilation into the host culture which eroded belief in the cultural values that had made the Empire possible and which eroded identity of what it meant to be a "Roman".

The decline and fall of the United States is inevitable and being accelerated by items 2 and 3 above, particularly the current administrations immigration and refugee policies.

The only question for examination is what the decline and fall of the US will look like. Will the States go their own way? Will the Chinese show up to collect their 1.7 Trillion US debt?

My best guess is that the most likely case scenario is that the US will slowly sink into the sunset of a 2nd world type country. It won't be allowed to go to 3rd world status, but it should bump down to a soft landing as a 2nd world economic jurisdiction. It will more resemble Brazil or South Africa than it does the US of old and I can see where those with claims may begin to carve the US up, with Mexico taking Atzlan, China or Russia laying claim to the Northwest. New York and Massacheusettes could well be their own country. Cuba might annex Florida with Russian help. Who knows....lots of options.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You can't trust internet sources any more i have been reading old world history books i purchased from a local library the newer one like the internet have removed a lot of pertenante info to be more pc.

So you can do the reading too just get some of these phased out books.

They all talk about the decadence of society prior and at the time of their colapse. They assert social immoraliry as a large part of the cause.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Honestly.. PLEASE LINK FOR ME THE EFFECTS OF ORGIES* ON THE ECONOMY**

*EDIT--homosexuality
**EDIT-- Main Reasons Why Rome Fell 1. Invasions by Barbarian tribes, 2. Economic troubles and overreliance on slave labor 3. The rise of the Eastern Empire 4. Overexpansion and military overspending 5. Government corruption and political instability 6. The arrival of the Huns and the migration of the Barbarian tribes 7. Christianity and the loss of traditional values 8. Weakening of the Roman legions

The lame assumptions some people make..

Maybe one day you all can understand that you don't have to be "born that way", "psychologically unstable", or even *sexually attracted to opposing gender* as such, or *godless*..

Why can't people just accept and respect the fact that being GAY is simply a matter of finding "THE" one but they just happen to be the "WRONG" gender.

To phoebes: I hope your children will never grow up to be out this hypocritical perceptions of norm, only for their sake..

To the religious dudes: honestly stop worrying about the hell thing, I truly prefer to burn there, than to be around bunch of judgmental bunch of society for eternity..

!!!! BTW can anyone explain then how come the CATHOLIC CHURCH molesting kids is still an impressive empire !!!
edit on 27-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Have you ever entertained the notion that the reason societies rise and fall over the millennia is down to the natural cycle of our Earth. After all she moves in epochs/cycles why should we be any different?

Entropy must increase i am afraid.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So the only proof to your claim is in the books you own....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Actually sorry for flipping like that

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

You can't trust internet sources any more i have been reading old world history books i purchased from a local library the newer one like the internet have removed a lot of pertenante info to be more pc.

So you can do the reading too just get some of these phased out books.

They all talk about the decadence of society prior and at the time of their colapse. They assert social immoraliry as a large part of the cause.

Right, I get that. The older authors wrote from the Victorian/Christo-Centric morality viewpoint. They applied that standard to their analysis of older civilizations. The US and indeed, most of the Western World isn't immoral/depraved per se, it is Amoral, i.e., there is no objective morality, its all relative, i.e., "if its good for you and I'm not injured, its o.k". It may be the cause of fracturing and disintegration of a society, but its not, per se and on its own an empire destroyer.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Boy you have a lot to unlearn and even more to relearn.

When Morality suffers the nation/empires begin and eventually fail. These are factors
edit on 28-5-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ya let's all read your old history books that probably think of darker skin as a curse from God.

What year are your all knowing history books from?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You know you are 100% correct here..
But I wouldn't be worried about the gays dude..

Honey boo boo or HannaMontanna worship and # like that..
yes what a tragedy!!!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

the older history books were written by secular historians these were old school primers used from the 40's-70's and have been phased out. the ones that replaced them have literally changed the facts.

One example is that the Civil war actually started over State Sovereignty or States right to self rule, slavery was a secondary issue. today's history books remove all reference to state sovereignty issue and make the primary purpose of the Civil war being over slavery.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

You know you are 100% correct here..
But I wouldn't be worried about the gays dude..

Honey boo boo or HannaMontanna worship and # like that..
yes what a tragedy!!!

I could agree with that it is still a moral issue at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join