It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians admit desire to "replace" Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This article was just released:

www.worldtribune.com...

In it the current leader of the Palestinians says that their goal has two stages - first a Palestinian state side-by-side with Israel, and then to replace the Jewish state althogether.

I'm posting this for the benefit of all those that hope for a negotiated settlement of this issue. Everything I've read on the subject says that muslims consider that there can be no peace when a muslim territory has been 'lost'. War must be waged until it is recovered.

Israel is considered by muslims to be 'lost territory', so there will be no peace until Israel is destroyed.

Do you all understand? There will not be a negotiated settlement.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
that's a very misleading title. I don't agree or feel that all Palestinians feel this way.

Quoting the leader of an extremist group such as the Fatah doesn't mean that he is speaking for all Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This entire message was suspect from the get go, since there is no palestinian leader right now. Fatah is just a terrorist group.

However, I think its 'accurate' to a degree, and that there is a sizeable portion of the palestinian population that wants to 'drive israel into the sea'. Conversely, there is a sizable population in israel that wants to completely eliminate the palestinian state.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The current interm Palestinian Prime Minister pushes the 'right of return'

At a memorial ceremony for Arafat at the Palestinian parliament, Abbas said he would walk in the footsteps of the late Palestinian leader. "We promise you (Arafat) that our heart will not rest until we achieve the right of return for our people and end the tragic refugee issue,'' he said.

The "right of return'' is a demand that all the refugees from the war that followed Israel's creation in 1948 should be allowed to return to their original homes, along with their descendants. That encompasses about four million people.

Israel has always rejected the concept, offering compensation to refugees and saying they should find permanent homes in Arab countries or a Palestinian state. Four million Arabs would overwhelm the Jewish state, where about six million Jews live.

Abbas says he supports 'right of return'

So if the Palestinian people seek, wish, and desire a state, and are eventually given one, why would there be a need to continue with the "right of return' issue, unless of course, there are alternative motives at play here? Why not incorporate those 4 million+/- into a proposed Palestinian state?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
that's a very misleading title. I don't agree or feel that all Palestinians feel this way.

Quoting the leader of an extremist group such as the Fatah doesn't mean that he is speaking for all Palestinians.

First, the 'leader of an extremist group such as Fatah' IS the current leader of the Palestinians, selected as interim leader by the Palestinians when Arafat died. He's also the leading candidate to permanently replace Arafat in next month's elections.

Do you have an article or quote to support your contention that there are any Palestinians (especially from those in a position to influence policy) that don't feel that Israel should be destroyed?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
So if the Palestinian people seek, wish, and desire a state, and are eventually given one, why would there be a need to continue with the "right of return' issue, unless of course, there are alternative motives at play here? Why not incorporate those 4 million+/- into a proposed Palestinian state?
seekerof

In case we've forgetton...the majority of Palestinians are Muslim. There are a multitude of holy sites associated with the Muslim religion in Israel. Of course people want to return to their homes especially when it is one of major religious significance.

The only question that remains is whether the Muslims and Jews can live in peace within Israel.

I say give it a trial run, let in a few hundred thousand.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

I say give it a trial run, let in a few hundred thousand.

Aren't there several million Palestinians already living in Israel? What would your proposal accomplish besides increasing the number of terrorist attacks?

Also, the key point is that their religion won't let the muslims coexist with the people they feel have 'stolen' their territory. So it's not about how Palestinians logically think things should work out in the interests of peace, etc., it's how their religion is telling them is has to be done.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Aren't there several million Palestinians already living in Israel? What would your proposal accomplish besides increasing the number of terrorist attacks?

Well, I'm not going to admit to being an expert on the Muslim religion. Are you?

Just sounds like more crap-filled propaganda to me. And I thought this thread was going to be different. Oh well, go back to your hate-mongering.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If you want to understand how the Palestinians view Israel just look at their charter and constitution. This was ratified by the leadership of the palestinian organizations way back in 1968 and has never been repealed. It is the foundation of their struggle and highlights their goals. If you want to know who a people are just look at who they have been and what direction they have been moving and you will understand where they are.

link to charter

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I knew this before you posted it. You're quick, but i'm quicker.

Solution?

Get them before they get the jews! Right?

Fugg it. Things can't get much worse. Let's start dropping bombs. Thanks for fueling these threads with your own personal intolerance and hatred for muslims.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I dont know if you know this but it's not just muslims in Palistine fighting the Jews its also Christian Palistineans fighting them as well. It was the same way in Lebanon as well.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
MystrSynistr:

Get them before they get the jews! Right?

Fugg it. Things can't get much worse. Let's start dropping bombs. Thanks for fueling these threads with your own personal intolerance and hatred for muslims.

I don't necessarily think nor feel that what is or has been presented by anyone here is considered 'intolerance and hatred' aimed at Muslims/Arabs. I can certainly understand you thinking thus, but the situation is one that is precarious and delicate in its nature. Both sides have difference, which to date, are slowly being rectified or steadily ignored. Both sides are at fault. The only thing that strikes me as odd in all this, is that there is a steady message being documented and taught from one side, and it happens to be the Palestinian side. Why teach continued hatred and intolerance? Why continue to spout and proclaim continued hatred and intolerance? A peaceful solution will come when both sides earnestly seek peace and begin to rid themselves of hatred and intolerance. Till then, why do the religious and political leaders continue to preach and teach hatred and intolerance that borders on acts of genocide?
Muhammad ordered Muslims to kill Jews? Palestinian academic says tradition makes it religious obligation
Palestinian Media Watch

seekerof

top topics

join