It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. indicts world soccer officials in alleged $150 million FIFA bribery scandal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Awww didums some corrupt bastards are getting whats coming to them.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I really have nothing to say but are these the priorities of the U.S?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I really have nothing to say but are these the priorities of the U.S?

Corruption is corruption.

If those at the top are free to break the law then what can you expect from the rest of society?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
a reply to: EA006

Not sure, it really wasnt about the exact amount.... lol. just saying they are getting paid very very well, you think NFL players get paid, look at some of those European players and the clubs, and how much they are willing to pay.

Lol I'm watching it on sky news just now.
Looks like the pres. and vice pres aren't part of the investigation according to Fifa.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
These guys really should have had better servers.......

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Awww didums some corrupt bastards are getting whats coming to them.

What, more wealth and power?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
odds are the guilty were scamming the real scammers thats their crime
like Bernie Madeoff withtheloot, getting busted after years of being ignored by the authorities

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Their check to the Clinton Foundation must have bounced.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Why is anyone surprised by this?
A bunch of old bigoted men with millions of $'s, handling millions of $'s, with no public oversight at all, are caught lining their own pockets through corruption and bribery...

The fact that anyone thought this WASN'T happening is the real shocker.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I have been reading this article as well,and I can't help but wonder,if we can go after FIFA with a vengeance like this,why is it that none of the wall street crooks and banking crooks ever saw the inside of a jail? Trust me when I say that I am not trying to drag this off topic. This is a bout corruption,and all of us here at ATS has been seeing the corruption of our own government for years now. Yet nothing is done and no one is really ever held accountable unless you were the fool that blew the whistle on a corporation. Personally, I think the whole thing with FIFA is just sour grapes on our part.Not saying there isn't corruption,just saying that the ONLY reason we are going after them is our fat cats didn't get their cut.

this rather dense article shows that the justice department has been getting it's budget cut for years....
www.vera.org...

and the financial sector has the highest number, and the highest paid, lawyers of any organization....but please congress keep cutting those nasty budgets that you hate so much, and there will be more corruption...
hey congress, cut the countries infrastructure fund, and guess what?....more broken down bridges and highways, it's like we have a bunch of homer simpsons in congress

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

gee, working the Clintons into the FIFA scandal?....good to know that no one else has to take responsibility for their actions, because it's all the Clinton's fault, everything wrong in the world can be blamed on 2 people, Bill and Hillary.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

gee, working the Clintons into the FIFA scandal?....good to know that no one else has to take responsibility for their actions, because it's all the Clinton's fault, everything wrong in the world can be blamed on 2 people, Bill and Hillary.

I didn't "bring" the Clintons into this. They were here when I got here. Notice that I was referring to this.

originally posted by: queenofswords
What is so funny to me is that Bill Clinton was instrumental in this investigation. He was really pissed in 2010 and evidently got the ball rolling on it.

Bill Clinton's Fury at Vote Triggered Global Search for Truth

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not before time as some of the decisions made at FIFA are mind boggling to say the least, but lets put this into perspective here...As someone has already posted in this thread.

We have bankers who have destroyed the lives of so many people on this planet walk Scot free with bulging pockets and not a care in the world.

We have politicians, who on a lie, sent your sons and daughters to be slaughtered in far away lands, not to mention the millions killed and maimed in those lands, but who do the FBI go after...A sporting committee...Talk about priorities.

Being a cynical bastard it wouldn't surprise me if this was all a smokescreen for America to invade New Zealand...well, you know, in retaliation against them pesky Bikies or something...I dont know, just shoot me and be done.

edit on 27-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

And Obama.....you forgot obama.

First rule of the internet blame obama

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Perhaps this is all insignificant compared to the banksters, politicians and crooks screwing the world.

But Association Football (Soccer) is the biggest most lucrative sport on the planet and for well over 25 years it's governing body FIFA has been run like the Mafia. I am actually still not confident that this latest action will have any real impact because the man in charge, Sepp Blatter, has ensured nothing ever sticks where he is concerned.

However the recent awarding of the World Cups of 2018 and 2022 to Russia and Qatar seems to have focused the Anglo nations against this corrupt and rotten body. England, Australia and the United States all bid to host one of those World Cups and received hardly any support or votes. This is despite the fact that all three could probably step in and host one tomorrow if asked. But that famous sporting powerhouse Qatar, a small desert nation with no football clubs, stadiums or players of any merit somehow convinced FIFA that playing a World Cup there in temperatures above 40C was a good idea.

Just before the World Cup in Brazil I wrote up an article to explain this in more detail:

World Cups and FIFA – “For the Good of the Gain”?

However on a site dominated by members who think "football" is something played mainly with the hand then I guess most of you don't care?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The president of everybody has resigned, or will, supposedly, in six to nine months. One of the guys arrested tried to defend himself with a article from The Onion.

No joking here, I have no clue what this is really about. I keep trying to see what is happening with this and am completely flummoxed. Sepp was defiant as hell just five days ago, saying "I am the President of everybody" and today he resigns?

Besides the fact this story is as wild and weird as they get, it just doesn't make sense to me for some reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The US should never of got involved. Sticking their corrupt noses into our corrupt affairs is out of jealousy.

America was denied the world cup in 2010 and now they want pay back. Plus America has never like the fact the FOOTBALL (or soccer) is world wide popular and their boring pathetic sports are not liked outside of North America bar a few little places here and there.

No one likes America as a country sticking its nose in everywhere. Why can they NOT just sort out their own problems instead of messing with FIFA (which has always been corrupt). Concentrate on their own stupid sports. Like their version of football played NOT with the feet BUT their HANDS

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
And Obama's justice department hasn't indicted any bankers. Priorities are in order here, clearly.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

You're confusing club football with international football - many of these clubs are publicly traded companies with open accounts etc - and it has nothing to do with what is going on at FIFA at the moment.

Also, players tend to play much better for their clubs than their countries, not the other way around. After all, it is the clubs paying their wages.

What a club pays for the footballer is not what the footballer gets paid. Messi, the worlds best player at the moment, gets around £330k a week, which is around £18 Million a year.

A club may pay £100 million for a player, but he won't get anywhere near that in salary and the fee goes to the other club (minus agent fee's etc). They may earn more through endorsements and the like.

The figures you quoted above are the transfer fee paid to the club holding their registration, not what is paid to the player.

As for the OP, it has been long suspected by (mainly UEFA and some other countries) that FIFA is corrupt and it's about time that someone did something. The US is involved because, amusingly, the officials concerned thought they were so untouchable they openly used the US financial markets to move the money around.

Not surprisingly, much of the corruption allegations have come from countries with reputations for it and they are now desperately trying to deflect attention, even going so far as to cry "imperialism" and "colonialism" - basically playing the race card.

I also sincerely hope Russia and Qatar have their bids revoked and they re-run the vote for the 2018 and 2022 world cups.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Do you honestly think, if this is a fair investigation, that "bankers" aren't involved?

Where there's money, there's bankers.

FIFA is run by bankers, and lawyers. Any decent investigation is going to uncover a wonderchest of corruption that could lead into all sorts of areas...

MHO, of course.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join