It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. indicts world soccer officials in alleged $150 million FIFA bribery scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
WashingtonPost.com

The Justice Department unsealed a 47 count indictment early Wednesday charging 14 world soccer figures, including officials of FIFA, with racketeering, bribery, money laundering and fraud. Four of those accused, including two sports marketing companies, have already pleaded guilty and are likely to be cooperating.

The unsealing of the U.S. indictments early Wednesday morning followed a round-up of FIFA officials at a swanky hotel in Zurich, where the organization is headquartered and where an important meeting was planned. The Swiss said they were acting at the behest of the U.S. which had requested extradition of those arrested.

I'm watching ESPN, a show from a couple hours ago, and they reported they also raided CONCACAF in Miami. Most everyone has known that FIFA has been corrupt for decades but it seems the U.S. is pissed about something they did and is really going after them.

I have no idea how this fits into the grand scheme of things.
edit on 27-5-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: fixed link.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Funny how they can be so pissed at others commiting fraud, bribery etc
Pot, kettle, black?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

It means the United States will host the World Cup every year (not every four) and get to play with 15 players while everyone else's will be required to wear concrete cleats.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It means the United States will host the World Cup every year (not every four) and get to play with 15 players while everyone else's will be required to wear concrete cleats.

Lol, you forgot blindfolds. Very amusing.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So, we'll lose in the first round like always, as the extra help won't do anything. Gotcha.

Anyway, these guys in Zurich are supposedly going to get extradited here and face federal charges with up to 20 year prison terms. At least that's what ESPN said a while ago. Seems like a interesting story so I shared it. We'll have to see how this all shakes down.
edit on 5/27/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What is so funny to me is that Bill Clinton was instrumental in this investigation. He was really pissed in 2010 and evidently got the ball rolling on it.

Bill Clinton's Fury at Vote Triggered Global Search for Truth

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Serves them right.... its about time the business of football was cleaned up!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
What is so funny to me is that Bill Clinton was instrumental in this investigation. He was really pissed in 2010 and evidently got the ball rolling on it.

Bill Clinton's Fury at Vote Triggered Global Search for Truth

Far as I can see the mans been pissed most of his life....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
US soccer team really put on a great run fro the cup, last world cup. Didnt the USA team lose in Penalty kicks to Germany or ??? it is escaping me right now

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The whole business of buying players who get bought up by the clubs with the most money in there wallet, is a sham. there should be an easier way for quality players, if your getting paid 100 million, your definetly not going to try your hardest in a game that is a season played game vs a cup

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
FIFA? Corruption?

Apparently a bear also defecates in the woods and the Pope is a catholic.

I love the way FIFA are spinning it. They're claiming, 'This is a good day for FIFA'.

Well, if this is a good day.....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
The whole business of buying players who get bought up by the clubs with the most money in there wallet, is a sham. there should be an easier way for quality players, if your getting paid 100 million, your definetly not going to try your hardest in a game that is a season played game vs a cup

Who is getting paid 100m?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So, we'll lose in the first round like always, as the extra help won't do anything. Gotcha.

Anyway, these guys in Zurich are supposedly going to get extradited here and face federal charges with up to 20 year prison terms. At least that's what ESPN said a while ago. Seems like a interesting story so I shared it. We'll have to see how this all shakes down.

20 year prison terms for 150 mil and no one gets hurt. The bankers of the World are pleading guilty to 100's of Billions stolen from our pockets using the same tactics in crime causing people to go homeless and starve yet receive nothing but a stern warning and bonuses.

Who's in charge of the nuthouse?

Mess with the people but not the circus?

Jude

edit on 27-5-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I have been reading this article as well,and I can't help but wonder,if we can go after FIFA with a vengeance like this,why is it that none of the wall street crooks and banking crooks ever saw the inside of a jail? Trust me when I say that I am not trying to drag this off topic. This is a bout corruption,and all of us here at ATS has been seeing the corruption of our own government for years now. Yet nothing is done and no one is really ever held accountable unless you were the fool that blew the whistle on a corporation. Personally, I think the whole thing with FIFA is just sour grapes on our part.Not saying there isn't corruption,just saying that the ONLY reason we are going after them is our fat cats didn't get their cut.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Not sure, it really wasnt about the exact amount.... lol. just saying they are getting paid very very well, you think NFL players get paid, look at some of those European players and the clubs, and how much they are willing to pay.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I read about this last night and decided not to post it. Because as your normal American what I know about soccer you can fit into a thimble.

But my first thought was "pick on soccer ? Yes it's official the US is trying to piss off the entire world. Lol
edit on 27-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

Ok I found that Cristaino Ronaldo gets 79mill, Messi is getting paid 70.5 mill, not including what they get for advertisments, etc.....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Loretta "fresh minion" Lynch will be directed by her political handlers to pursue red herrings and distractions, in a concerted effort to provide smoke screens for the nation's core criminal activities.

"America’s Main Problem: Corruption"
source: www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 27-5-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
same old same old, spend time and money chasing something that doesn't really matter (anyone that follows soccer knows fifa is hopelessly corrupt) while major issues face the country that they ignore.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

How about Gareth Bale? I thought he was a record signing that almost reached 100mil

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join