It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye Talks Extraterrestrial Life: 'It's Gotta Exist'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ill cover this one boys; first and foremost you have to understand there is 8.8 billion earth like planets in goldilocks zones estimated to be right for life. (rt.com...) Topping this off this may just be within our galaxy of 200 billion stars, with 200 billion other galaxies life doesnt only exist its rare if it doesnt. Many species have made themselves known but there are the idiots that will panic at the very thought of something being more powerful and thats why this isnt just commonly shared basic knowledge until now. Now everyones over it. The fact is atleast 3000 (As russian documents have revealed) have made contact with our officials in the military, and some to government, and an even vaster range to people like me, light workers, ufohobbyists, ect; its quite rare a person will encounter what these people call UFOs around me and only get a little panicked because I ease them into it when Ive chosen to reveal the truth to them. The fact is theyre vimanas, not UFOs, they are very identified to us light workers and we maintain regular contact with a variety of powerful species. The only reason this isnt shared all the time, too you n00bs, who still need bill nye to spit the outright reality too you, is because youre afraid of things you dont understand, but if you ever got into one of these craft like I have, its quite the amazing experience
Looking down at earth is like looking down from the top of a building, but in space, its amazing! The views wonderful as well :3 There is a large variety of these craft as well, ive been in a few in my physical body, which often leads to vomitting the next morning lol, but OOB (Out-of-body) craft are amazing, its like being in a new body but nothings different, but the craft is the body, and everyone else is one with you
Nothing to fear, there truly isnt. Enjoy your day!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CretumOrbis

You are purposely misunderstanding my point to create a strawman here. I certainly don't think that humans are anymore special or even better evolved than anything else on the planet. The only thing we have going for us is that rational thought has turned out to be the best mutation evolution has thrown out so far on this planet.

The only thing I cannot refute is the possibility of a fine tuned argument without a purpose, but if that is the case then the fine tuning argument in the OP falls flat on its face. Since such an idea assumes a creator made the universe then let all the laws of it develop everything in it on their own. Since we cannot detect things outside the universe, there is no way to logically or through evidence prove such a concept. At least not presently. That is what I believe is the most likely answer for a creator having made the universe though, because that is what science shows to be the case if things truly aren't just random.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oh too add, there have been organic compounds found for life within the hearts of nebulas, algae attached to the ISS from raindrops reaching space with algae astronauts have existed in space, and anywhere algae exists a micro-organism could attach and hop on a ride to space eating it, and surviving on the oxygen field! Meteors landed a few years back, 2 with algae on them. That one radio thing has had contact made 2-3 times now. Micro-organisms have been found to exist in everything from the deepest caves and oceans, all the way to the deepest soils and even liquid metals, as long as the stars have exploded and provided the compounds for life, its bound to happen! I will share sources if anyone messages me asking me to come back here. Might have to find some, but its not news too me!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

It's not an assumption, it's math. Most of the constants, if changed even slightly, would make it impossible for matter to form. Every form of life we're aware of requires a physical form, so no physical form means no life.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You said:

Refute it? I DID refute it. But here, let's try again. The fine tuning argument is the equivalent of looking at a tree diagram of different possibilities then following the one set of branches that actually happened to the present and determining what all the accumulated probabilities were to get to that point.

Show me the Scientific Evidence that these other branches occur and that these values arise naturally on these other branches. I don't want to hear your wishful thinking, I want scientific evidence.

You said:

Namely that the universe is wildly inefficient, and it doesn't work to achieve efficiency in the most efficient manner either.

This is being said by the inefficient human that's typing on a message board. How can you call something inefficient when you don't even know what conditions it originated from. Explain to me what conditions were present that fine-tuned the cosmological constant to one part in 10/120. Why are we off in our predictions by 100 orders of magnitude in a theory that has described the universe well.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CretumOrbis

It's not an assumption, it's math. Most of the constants, if changed even slightly, would make it impossible for matter to form. Every form of life we're aware of requires a physical form, so no physical form means no life.

So, are you trying to argue that a universe without matter can't exist? Just because you can't imagine such a thing doesn't mean it is impossible. Maybe if the laws were different, something OTHER than matter forms. Maybe it's just a blank void of particles that can't combine to form larger objects. Who knows? But to assume that such a universe can't exist is naive.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Matter as you know it. Physical form as you know it.

Yes or no.... Do you know every permutation of constants that would support life? Can you imagine how many permutations of universe and life that could exist? The religious folk say yes to each of my questions. People with logic answer no.

That is basically the problem with this discussion. One side needs to believe something through psuedo logic. The other is just looking at math and logic.

Cheers

Great thread

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Show me the Scientific Evidence that these other branches occur and that these values arise naturally on these other branches. I don't want to hear your wishful thinking, I want scientific evidence.

Stop asking for scientific evidence in this thread. None of the concepts in it have scientific evidence backing them up. Not fine tuning, not the multi-verse, nothing. That's because we can't view anything outside the universe, so cut that strawman out of your reasoning. This entire argument is based around indirect reasoning based on how the universe appears to us not direct scientific evidence.

This is being said by the inefficient human that's typing on a message board. How can you call something inefficient when you don't even know what conditions it originated from.

Maybe because I can easily imagine more efficient ways that an intelligence would design things.

Explain to me what conditions were present that fine-tuned the cosmological constant to one part in 10/120. Why are we off in our predictions by 100 orders of magnitude in a theory that has described the universe well.

Because science and the instruments we use to quantify it aren't perfect. That is why we have margins of error in everything that science reports on. Our instruments are imprecise. So naturally, things our theories and hypothesis are going to be off by certain orders of magnitude. It's inevitable.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Let me explain this one lol; so first the creator spirit evolved from the depth of whats called the nothingness (Brace yourself because you cant turn back from what youre about to hear and this is far beyond the realms of quantum physics) the nothingness is the only void in which nothing has ever existed, because existence has always existed and non-existence itself both does and doesnt exist, kind of a loophole figure 8 type function that allows qubits (A 1&0 existing at the same time in the universal source code) and even pibits (The special number that allows infinites too occur in the multiverse through the multidimension which the multiverse exists in) and fractional qubits (1.01ect&0.01ect) branched qubits (Several 1s and 0s at once connected to a single qubit like a tree with branches) too have the special functions they have. The creator spirit came from the nothingness, because of its total purity, no wrong or right had ever happened, the creator somehow knew too split into another, which they call YHVH (Jehovas real name) which YHVH fell in love with the creator to be with her spirit for eternity, they had a hybrid child together which was both mary and yshua (Jesus), birthing them together so as mary birthed yshua from her spirit with the seed of YHVH inside so as no spiritual incest had ever occured and purity was maintained in the lightline (Bloodline of spirits as they function without bodies) Spirits are disembodied, we all have them, and they breed like wildfire, which is why the multiverse exists so as to house such a growing number of spirits, and infinite universes thus exist in whats called the infinite zone outside the multiverse, which basically, is that place that goes on forever in every direction never ending beyond our universal bubble, it has no end because of the pibits in the multiversal source code, so yes, a creator spirit exists, and thats the reality of how it all works explained in science.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Every form of life YOURE aware of* haha, disembodied spirits are more frequent than bodied vehicles driving our spirits homie, that stuff inside you you cant explain, buddhists call it qi, ki, or chi, yeah thats quantum matter that makes your soul, youre a disembodied spirit inside of a meatsack vehicle. Thats the science lol. Now that you know that you might have the same kinds of visitors I see on a frequent basis

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You said:

Stop asking for scientific evidence in this thread. None of the concepts in it have scientific evidence backing them up. Not fine tuning, not the multi-verse, nothing.

In other words you have none!

Sure it does. The fine-tuning argument has a ton of scientific evidence backing it up and I listed some of it here.

In order to refute it you have to resort to your IMAGINARY tree branches that you can't explain.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

your error is lack of knowledge and comprehension on the subject my friend, in a universe with 200 billion galaxies, 200 billion stars generally per a galaxy, 13.5 billion years with a single planet like ours existing after 4.5 billion years after 9 billion years passing make it impossible for various lifeforms not too exist. Even on earth weve had the troodosaur which was almost a human like specie, it was from a type of velociraptor that would have evolved into a humanoid. Right?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Read my posts ive provided heavy scientific back-up to the existence. Its not a matter of belief too me, its now a matter of how I wanna go about explaining this to everyone bumping their heads together on the subject and struggling lol

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Hardcore gnostic (Original form of christianity) & buddhist right here and science is damnwell only proving my religions real! Hah I never listen to anyones bible bs, I look for the science of god purely, and Ive had wonderful results!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
phys.org...
media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...
www.youtube.com...

Ill start you out softly, heres some things to ponder about for a day or two

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theghostfaceentity

your error is lack of knowledge and comprehension on the subject my friend, in a universe with 200 billion galaxies, 200 billion stars generally per a galaxy, 13.5 billion years with a single planet like ours existing after 4.5 billion years after 9 billion years passing make it impossible for various lifeforms not too exist. Even on earth weve had the troodosaur which was almost a human like specie, it was from a type of velociraptor that would have evolved into a humanoid. Right?

I never said it is impossible for various lifeforms to exist. In fact I think that life exists in many different forms on many different worlds. It's practically an inevitability at this point for the same reasons that you mentioned. Though I don't think that humans or rational thought are inevitabilities. There may be other humans on other planets out there and there may be other lifeforms out there that can think rationally, and there MAY even be humans that can think rationally out there, but I don't think for a second those things are inevitabilities.

What is a troodosaur?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theghostfaceentity

Thanks for the links and I will check out these links.

link   

If I misunderstood, it wasn't purposely. It honestly sounded like a speciesist argument to me.

I'm not assuming anything, just asking questions. It's what I do...

Speaking of which, why would the laws need to develop on their own if they were already set?

I think it's entirely possible that the laws of physics were set purely for aesthetics, rather than for any specific goal or purpose. It could be one, the other or both, for all I know. It may even be neither - maybe 'the creator' just threw a dart at the board, so to speak, and went with the first random combination of rules that didn't result in an unstable universe. (most permutations do indeed result in an unstable universe)

And if that were the case, I'd be asking how many darts it took.

link   

You said:

Stop asking for scientific evidence in this thread. None of the concepts in it have scientific evidence backing them up. Not fine tuning, not the multi-verse, nothing.

Sure it does. The fine-tuning argument has a ton of scientific evidence backing it up and I listed some of it here.

In order to refute it you have to resort to your IMAGINARY tree branches that you can't explain.

ROFL

Show me the Scientific Evidence that proves fine-tuning. I would like to read the published peer-reviewed paper.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You said:

Sorry bud, but you haven't listed a single piece of scientific evidence in this thread. Youtube videos don't count as scientific evidence. If you think they do, then you don't understand the scientific method.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join